Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Academy Programs for Members (2024)

Hope February 16th

The 7 Cups Academy is a tuition-free institution that trains members, listeners, and researchers to develop skills and better care for our community. These are professional skills that are of great use even outside 7 Cups. We believe in practice-driven learning and all of our courses have in-field experience at the core. The 7 Cups Academy has had 1600+ graduates. 

How is 7 Cups Academy different from self-help guides or other educational material available at 7 Cups?

The academy programs target specific skills like leadership, content development, etc. Trainees not only get theoretical knowledge of the subject but also spend time practicing the skills under our practicum opportunities.

That is not all, one of the challenging parts of learning something new is that it can be an isolating experience and at times you may feel like the motivation is fading. At 7 Cups Academy, we understand your support needs. We have mentors who check in with you regularly to help you navigate the set of requirements and to offer support and encouragement.

Additionally, we believe in a student-led approach. Feedback from our trainees results in constant improvements to the program’s coursework and structure. 

Why choose 7 Cups Academy?

• All of our programs are completely free
  • 1-1 mentor support to help you graduate
  • You choose your program duration and can seek extensions
  • Our programs focus on hands-on practical training
  • The programs offer training in sought-after professional skills
  • You will be provided with a certificate and a badge upon successful completion
  • You will train among a group of like-minded individuals who you can learn from
  • It is a great way to work towards a 7 Cups role. Academy graduates gain relevant experience that makes them good candidates for 7 Cups roles within that focus.
  • All graduates (from any of the academy programs) can request a letter of recommendation
  • We provide 7 Cups work verifications, references for school/university/work applications
  • Not only will we provide you with valuable training, we can also verify your work experience if needed.

Members can sign up for the following programs!

Content Development and Marketing Program (CDM Program)

The program will aid your understanding of best writing practices essential to creating content that relates to and contributes to awareness and support of topics that fall in the mental health industry. It will not only enhance your communication and writing skills but provide a chance to research and generate ideas as well as get to publish finalized articles and content at 7 Cups. Moreover, it will allow you to understand an aspect of SEO-based writing applications as well as effective social media marketing strategies that help boost and enhance the valued content you will produce.

"The CDM program is my first step toward learning content marketing. It is equipped with sufficient learning materials, knowledge, and assignments for any interested learner. I'm thrilled and eager to apply the knowledge and skills gained from this program to create more content for different projects I take on." - sshn07 (Content Development and Marketing Program Graduate) 

"This program is not only educational but it helps develop skills like writing, managing content, and understanding how articles are made and produced. It felt like a school that opens to anyone who wants to learn new skills and grow their current skills as well." - Vivikun9 (Content Development and Marketing Program Graduate) 

What does the CDM Program offer?

• In-depth content and marketing development guide/lessons
  • Hands-On Activities
  • Mentor Feedback
  • Expert Support
  • Practical Experience leading to on-site publication + usage of graphics — Creator Portfolio building on-site
  • Key content learned in the program:
  • How to promote content using social media
  • Social media graphic tips
  • Social media outreach and support
  • Writing best practices
  • SEO and ranking tips such as Google’s EAT factors
  • Headlining and sub-headlining content
  • Effective writer biography writing
  • Content auditing and review

The program is best suited for:

• Users interested in starting freelance opportunities for content or graphic creation
  • Users interested in joining Content domain roles at 7 Cups
  • Users interested in marketing their own business/content.
  • Users interested in learning about effective mental health research and social media conversations.
  • Psychology students with a passion for research and writing.
  • Anyone interested in breaking mental health stigma through research, writing, social media usage.

Requirements to Join!

Be a member of the 7 Cups community for at least 1 month.

📢Please apply here!

Leadership Development Program (LDP Program)

The program is designed to help you become a strong leader. It includes both theoretical and practical components and is spread over 6-8 weeks. It takes a personal approach and starts with helping you identify and build upon your natural gifts and strengths. There is a learning by doing practical component where you practice what you learn by serving in a community domain alongside other leaders in either the engagement or quality programs.

"It truly changed my outlook on what really makes up a leader. From identifying my strengths and aptitudes to conflict-resolutions, I was able to learn more about myself in so many ways. I didn't just learn how to be a leader, but also a more ethical and courteous person." - Nerdtastic01

"I am a listener and leader on the site,  it has been one amazing experience to serve in the roles. LDP has been an enriching experience in exploring my leadership aptitude as well as honing my leadership skills . Overall a great experience,  with wonderful mentors ready to support us anytime during the whole program." - Sunisshiningandsoareyou 

What does the LDP offer?

• In-depth learning of personal strengths and weaknesses and how they impact your leadership skill
  • Focused content on cultural diversity
  • In-depth study of building and maintaining thriving communities as a leader
  • In-depth look into foundational leadership principles
  • Introduction to leadership on 7 Cups and the opportunity to acquire a leadership role before graduation from the program.
  • Key content learned in the program
  • Gaining self-awareness through personality tests (Myers & Briggs, The Big 5 and the Enneagram)
  • In-depth knowledge of building and maintaining communities
  • Supporting fellow trainees
  • Components of personal leadership
  • Study of foundational leadership principles
  • Lessons on cultural diversity
  • Obtaining a leadership role

The program is best suited for:

• Users interested in improving their self-awareness
  • Users interested in understanding the dynamics of thriving communities
  • Users interested in learning how to become a great leader
  • Users interested in service leadership
  • Users interested in joining leadership roles at 7 Cups
  • Users looking to expand their knowledge of diversity and cultural acceptance
  • Users who are already active in the community but wish to contribute more in a leadership role
  • Users looking to advance in their leadership roles on or outside 7 Cups
  • Requirements to join!
  • No newbie badge (member account that is older than a month)
  • Appreciated Voice badge (for making 20 forum posts, this can be a post itself or responding to someone else’s post)

📢Please apply here

Our Onboarding Practices

Please note that we do weekly onboarding every Monday. Applicants must apply at least 5 days before their desired start date. There are limited seats available for each academy program’s weekly batches and we onboard applicants on a first come first serve basis after checking for requirements to join the programs. If eligible, you will get the acceptance email 2-3 days before your desired start date. If you change your username after applying or at any point during the program, you need to inform the program lead to remain in the program. You can find them here. 

If you are sent the acceptance email, please remember to respond before the start date mentioned, otherwise your application will be unsuccessful. 

Our academy graduates' advice to the people who wish to become a part of 7 Cups Academy:

• “It is always good to gain new knowledge. Trust yourself and dare to move forward on your own path because you are capable of it.”- Mankka
  • “7 Cups Academy has great programs with amazing mentors who have designed them in such a fashion that you can complete them conveniently without hassle. These programs are not only free but they add great value to your resume and professional field through their learning and practical lessons. It's a worth-grabbing deal, just go for it!” - lyricalAngel70
  • “Don’t be afraid to dive deeper into the material. All of the Academy programs are designed to elicit critical thinking skills and exploration, so the key to getting the most out of these programs is to open your mind and swim gradually into the deeper waters of the concepts.” - Nerdtastic01
  • “Use your mentor/mentors made available to you. Ask any questions you need too” - womerz
  • “Take your time, its self paced for a reason 💙 Relax and just read the instructions thoroughly. Also try to create some time management methods, the deadlines provided will reassure that you have more than enough time to complete all graduation requirements” - SirenOfSerenity
  • “Go through all the documents and lists of requirements and make sure you understand what you need to do early on.” - MagnificentSunrise
Optimisticempath February 17th

the reviews for these programs are so amazing 🤩 hope to try some of these in future 😊 thanks for the post.

VictoriaLove7 July 25th

@Hope

Those are great programs, Hope! I attended the introduction to content development and marketing a while ago! (..◜ᴗ◝..)

Enthenia July 29th

I know the Leadership would help me. I don't think I personally could be one (some coworkers believe differently) but I'd like insight on effective methods so I don't end up in a work environment similar to my current one.

I just don't know if I can find time to do the program though. Some days I get on long enough to do the daily prompts. Sometimes I forget to check until the day is half over.

AmyGrace55555 July 29th

@Hope Id love to do LDP, but I can’t access the link. Where it says click here, it’s not showing me a link. Can you reply the link here, please?

Hope OP July 29th

@AmyGrace55555

Try clicking this! The application forms are linked at the bottom of each program's explanation

AmyGrace55555 July 29th

@Hope I still can’t access it, I don’t know why. It might be my service so I’ll try again in 20 minutes to an hour. 

Hope OP July 29th

@AmyGrace55555

I will PM you the link! It is working on our end. You can try at a later time

alysianna August 25th

@Hope 

i want o join all of thesee but all the training guids are more then likely bloked on my laptop