Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

An idea- "One Room/24 Hours"

ASilentObserver December 4th, 2019

Hello, 7Cuppers!

I hope you all are doing well.

As you all know we have one support room and one community room open 24/7 for both adults and teens while the rest of the rooms being pop-ups. While in my recent meeting with everyone, I heard many want specific rooms to be opened, at least for a day.

So after a lot of discussions and brainstorming with the community and the leaders, we would like to bring and execute the One Room for 24 Hours plan.

Vision - Allow everyone in the community to spend a day in their preferred room for 24 hours and cherish the good old memories while ensuring support and safety for everyone.

Considering the present constraints, we cannot make every room regular. But, we can try to open an additional room for 24 hours apart from the regular rooms for both adults and teens. It will be a trial run for a month and after a month we will do the follow-up and seek your feedback to better the support for everyone.

Example- Lets say if you all voted Anxiety Support Room for Monday and Relationship Support for Tuesday and so on. So, on Monday, Anxiety Support Room will be opened for 24 hours and after 24 hours it will be closed to open another room for the next 24 hours while the rest of the rooms will be pop-ups.

We like to open 6 different rooms on 6 different days. On Sunday, regular rooms will be functioning while rest stay as pop-up rooms. To be clear, regular here means one support and one community room for both sides.

You can request to open a pop-up room apart from the regular and 24 hours room in any day as long as a moderator is available in the pop-up room.

Poll Closed

I understand it might not be the best idea but it is something I guess we all can try and figure out how it goes.

Important Note- If we find any unsupportive, unkind and disrespectful behavior in these rooms, it will be subjected to get closed. Also, it may get removed from the trial preferred rooms list! So, I request all to maintain a supportive and respectful environment in all the group support rooms.

We will continue to hear your feedback, thoughts to improve our group support rooms. We want this to work for everyone.

Please share any feedback or ideas as to what is shared above. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you!

The Group Support Team!

UnderTheTableAndDreaming December 4th, 2019

Love, love, LOVE this idea and I praise you for it! @ASilentObserver this time of year is SO hard for my community the 35 plus AND Relationship Support! We are in DESPERATE need! Love this love this love this

ASilentObserver OP December 4th, 2019

@UnderTheTableAndDreaming thank you! <3

Dan76 December 4th, 2019

What happened to the rooms? When and why were they removed?

MonBon December 4th, 2019

@Dan76

They haven't been removed, but they are not open 24/7 for the most part. We have moved to true 24 hour moderation, in that a room will not be open unless there is a mod present. There is not a limit to how long a mod can have a room open, they just need to be there.

Dan76 December 5th, 2019

@MonBon by removed I mean no longer open. They used to just always be open. Why was this changed? Lack of moderation?

MonBon December 6th, 2019

@Dan76

Safety + Budget Constraints. Basically, people enjoyed the rooms more when there was a mod present, and issues increased when there wasn't (safety). We have community moderators, but they also work best when there are only a few rooms for them to moderate vs all of them. This means we either needed more moderators (budget constraint) or less 24/7 rooms.

The other rooms can still be open as long as a volunteer mod is present, but as that is a volunteer duty it's not possible to guarantee 24/7 moderation for them.

likelymostsuccessful December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver please open LGBTQ support room

@likelymostsuccessful Hey Likely, Please submit your preferences and we will try our best to open the rooms as per mutual preferences! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! heart

likelymostsuccessful December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver about maleto female trasnwomen

@likelymostsuccessful

Hey there, don't forget to fill out the poll so your answer will be tallied

KittyCat15 December 5th, 2019

@likelymostsuccessful It is already open. You just have to get the "Support Key" - I don't have the link though, sorry.

MonBon December 5th, 2019

@KittyCat15

Only the adult LGBTQ room is open. The user you were responding to is a teen so the room is not open for them

likelymostsuccessful December 6th, 2019

@MonBon how should i join in the room?

@likelymostsuccessful

The teen lgbtq+ room isn't open 24/7, you'll have to fill out the survey to let us know if and when you want the room open 24/7.

likelymostsuccessful December 6th, 2019

@KittyCat15 how should i join

BlindGrapefruit December 5th, 2019

:)

PhoenixAsh December 9th, 2019

@likelymostsuccessful Heya, thanks for joining us! I'm doing my best to get the LGBTQ+ support room open more often and start up more support sessions there - I'll be posting any updates to the LGBTQ+/MOGII forums here. I hope to see you around!

pamharley003 December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

I would like to see 35+ open for 24 hours the members in there need it

@pamharley003

Hey pam, make sure to fill out the poll so your answer is tallied.

UnderTheTableAndDreaming December 4th, 2019

Amen! @pamharley003

FrenchMarbles December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Heeey!

What a fabulous idea! I know it'd be lovely to have all the rooms open 24/7 but we know that isn't always possible!

Keep up the amazing work and I've filled out the poll.

7 Cups has not changed since 2013....it has evolved.

@FrenchMarbles thank you marbles.

BeautifulBreeze December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Season's Greetings,

Anything is worth a try here when it comes to *chat rooms (*which are a secondary feature to the primary/main feature, the purpose of 7 Cups, which is, 24/7 help/support in 1-on-1 chats from Listeners), just as long as the rooms will ALWAYS remain badge-locked (as they are now) to avoid repeat Trolls from the recent past and new Trolls from quickly entering the rooms on a brand new Member account for the sole purpose/intent to disrupt the flow of genuine conversations.

As a former member of the coveted Safety Patrol here (in which I had spent countless 'volunteer' hours helping to keep this site safer and more secure for everyone), I saw this frustrating problem occur almost on a daily/nightly basis, in one particular chat room especially, which still makes me cringe now when I see that particular chat room as a pop-up room, then I have to remind myself that it's badge-locked and moderated. smileyyes

Granted, no chat rooms will be perfect, some rules/guidelines will be broken/violated/not observed by some individuals, no matter how the chat rooms are formatted/situated and such but at least with badge-locking firmly in place, there is now much more control over a problem that no one wants to see return here again. smileyyesenlightened

I hope the coming new year will be better and brighter for everyone around the world. smiley

Tyedyedbutterfly65 December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Thanks for the Post and I believe it well worth the try for sure . smiley

December 4th, 2019

Is the disablity spport room on it?

@reachforgoals

The disability room for adults is already open 24/7. Learn how to get access here

GretasRebel December 4th, 2019

''If we find any unsupportive, unkind and disrespectful behavior in these rooms, it will be subjected to get closed. Also, it may get removed from the trial preferred rooms list! So, I request all to maintain a supportive and respectful environment in all the group support rooms. '' That's gonna be a challenge. I'm personally not a fan of compassion corner returning as it had some truly disturbing trolls. Excited for this, lets see how it goes.

comfortableElementary5713 December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver I love your idea

sempiternal92 December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

completed. love it

CaringBrit December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver watching you grow like this is inspiring love the idea

Cheerio777 December 4th, 2019

@CaringBrit

Cheerio777 December 4th, 2019

@Cheerio777

MagneticVibe December 4th, 2019

Guys bring back the relationship suport rooooom for the love of humanity , i need it for me and my girlfriend !

also i can't see any rooms now not at any period of time not a single one what's up with that ?! heartkisscheeky

[MonBon edited font size]

@MagneticVibe

Be sure to participate in the poll so that your preference is recorded

MagneticVibe December 5th, 2019

@MonBon Yeah i did , i requested the relashinship room , i'm cuorious , i don't mean to offend you but , are you a boy or a girl ?! laugh

@MagneticVibe

I am a girl

NalatheHuskyWolf December 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Depression Support!

@NalatheHuskyWolf

Be sure to fill out the form so your preferences are recorded

An1mal December 4th, 2019

Quote "It will be a trial run for a month and after a month we will do the follow-up and seek your feedback to better the support for everyone."

YOU ALREADY HAVE EVERYBODIES FEEDBACK AND YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING ABOUT IT DUE TO COSTS OF RUNNING THE SITE, THE STAFF AND THE BANDWIDTH USED ON THE WEBSPACE. WHILE I UNDERSTAND THIS HAS A COST, DON'T PRESUME TO THINK THIS WILL BUTTER ME UP AND MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BETTER AND THAT YOU CARE BECAUSE YOU'VE DESTROYED WHAT YOU HAD ALREADY BY REMOVING WHAT SUPPORT YOU HAD BUILD UP WITH THE ROOMS AND THE CONNECTIONS PEOPLE HAD MADE IN THOSE ROOMS SO STOP SELLING HOPE AND PIPE DREAMS WITH WHAT IF'S AND TEMP FIXES. THIS PLAYS WITH EVERYBODIES EMOTIONS EXCEPT YOURS.

@An1mal

Please don't use all caps, it comes across as aggressive and yelling