Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

An idea- "One Room/24 Hours"

ASilentObserver December 4th, 2019

Hello, 7Cuppers!

I hope you all are doing well.

As you all know we have one support room and one community room open 24/7 for both adults and teens while the rest of the rooms being pop-ups. While in my recent meeting with everyone, I heard many want specific rooms to be opened, at least for a day.

So after a lot of discussions and brainstorming with the community and the leaders, we would like to bring and execute the One Room for 24 Hours plan.

Vision - Allow everyone in the community to spend a day in their preferred room for 24 hours and cherish the good old memories while ensuring support and safety for everyone.

Considering the present constraints, we cannot make every room regular. But, we can try to open an additional room for 24 hours apart from the regular rooms for both adults and teens. It will be a trial run for a month and after a month we will do the follow-up and seek your feedback to better the support for everyone.

Example- Lets say if you all voted Anxiety Support Room for Monday and Relationship Support for Tuesday and so on. So, on Monday, Anxiety Support Room will be opened for 24 hours and after 24 hours it will be closed to open another room for the next 24 hours while the rest of the rooms will be pop-ups.

We like to open 6 different rooms on 6 different days. On Sunday, regular rooms will be functioning while rest stay as pop-up rooms. To be clear, regular here means one support and one community room for both sides.

You can request to open a pop-up room apart from the regular and 24 hours room in any day as long as a moderator is available in the pop-up room.

Poll Closed

I understand it might not be the best idea but it is something I guess we all can try and figure out how it goes.

Important Note- If we find any unsupportive, unkind and disrespectful behavior in these rooms, it will be subjected to get closed. Also, it may get removed from the trial preferred rooms list! So, I request all to maintain a supportive and respectful environment in all the group support rooms.

We will continue to hear your feedback, thoughts to improve our group support rooms. We want this to work for everyone.

Please share any feedback or ideas as to what is shared above. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you!

The Group Support Team!

TortueDesBois December 6th, 2019

@ASilentObserver i think its interesting to open rooms by rotation allowing people to see their room again but without have too many rooms at once. thats actually a great compromise. i hope it will be successful and help members to get more support on the specific topics. Can't wait to see the results of trial

quiet000humming December 6th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Hey I like this idea! It at least gives us something to work with. Can you open a healthy living room on Fridays?

MonBon December 6th, 2019

@quiet000humming

Please fill out the survey if you want your suggestion included in the tally

December 6th, 2019

When does the poll closed?

MonBon December 7th, 2019

@reachforgoals

As mentioned in the post, the poll closes December 8th.

sympathetic5745 December 7th, 2019

I haven't been on here for a couple of months and I see that the rooms are gone. I'm just wondering if I should be able to see at least some of them because right now I see no rooms available. I read something about having badges to be able get to use them but I'm just wondering how do I get those.

Also I would vote for the depression support room to be open.

MonBon December 7th, 2019

@sympathetic5745

You will need to fill out the poll if you want your preferences noted.

You are missing one of the badges (Helpful Heart - for 50 compassion hearts). I recommend taking some of the self help guides to gain some more badges and compassion hearts

dynamicStrings5060 December 8th, 2019

i have a question - are the group chats completely gone ? like i know we need requirements for them like 50 compassion hearts and 5 completed chats w a listener, but ive done those things and i still do not have access to the group chats ? can anyone help ? i feel most comfortable talking in a group chat setting rather than 1-1 or on forums..

ASilentObserver OP December 8th, 2019

@dynamicStrings5060 Hey Strings, most of the rooms are pop ups now and will be opened during discussions or open chats. But when they will be opened on any day, you will need those badges to enter and see the room in your group support rooms list, if that helps!

I understand many are comfortable in chatting in group settings and everyone has a preference for a room, so we are trying to address that need by this idea of one room, 24 hours.

If you have a preference, please do submit it <3

MonBon December 8th, 2019

@dynamicStrings5060

You are still missing Strong Bond I, for completed 1 chat each withh 5 listeners (5 chats total). A chat is 30 messages with at least 10 from each person

jessie777 February 6th, 2020

@ASilentObserver this was and still is a great idea... Not knowing if this is where I would or should post this here. I would and I think many of the older members should be ever so grateful if we had 35+ as a regular room again. 18+ always welcome. My request is based on while Support Room and Member Community are fine.... The average age is 18-25 and the topics discussed by members, are of that age group. Leaving we 35+ no where to chat, seek support and or give support.................Thank you for your consideration of having a room for we older members on a regular basis.