Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Persistence Badge

CheeryMango November 7th, 2022

Hello everyone! I hope this post finds you well.

Back in September, we announced the Persistence badge in honor of Tazzie and the tremendous work she has given to our subcommunities during her time here on the site.

The subcommunities are a vital part of our community and are used as a means of support for all of you whenever you need it. It is a place where everyone can connect with others for friendships to be made, share the story of their journey, engage in activities through games and events, and more. And within those subcommunities, are leaders who have so generously and selflessly offered their time and efforts to keep these communities up and running. As a way of showing our appreciation to those leaders, we are officially launching the Subcommunity Leadership Appreciation Project. Beginning this month, members and listeners can nominate subcommunity leaders for the Persistence badge.

Persistence is one of the most important qualities a leader can possess. It’s what allows them to keep going when things are tough, to keep pushing forward even when they’re met with resistance. Persistent leaders never give up, and that’s what ultimately leads to their success. I believe that persistence is an essential quality for any leader. Those who are able to maintain their focus and determination in the face of adversity are the ones who ultimately achieve their goals. I admire leaders who are able to stay the course even when things are tough, and I believe that this quality is one of the key ingredients to success.

To start this project, I would like to highlight @Sunisshiningandsoareyou. I have had the pleasure of working alongside Sun in numerous subcommunity-related projects like the Needs Reply Team, Subcommunity Leadership, and Forum Moderation. Sun holds various roles in the subcommunity domain from Subcommunity Project Agent to Global Community Mentor. Many of you may see Sun in the community forums actively responding and supporting members and fellow listeners with their kindness and warmheartedness. There isn’t one post in the community where you won’t see Sun’s positivity on it!

Sun, I can’t think of anyone better than you to award the first Persistence badge for your outstanding work and contribution to our subcommunities. Thank you for everything that you do!

Please join me in congratulating Sun on this accomplishment!

Information on how to nominate someone for the Persistence badge:

Who can be nominated?

Only subcommunity leaders in the following roles can be nominated:

• Forum Supporters

• Community Mentors

• Community Mentor Leaders

• Room Supporters

• Chatroom Moderators

• Support Team Leaders

Who can do the nominating?

Any listener or member of the community. Self-nominations are not allowed.

If you would like to nominate a subcommunity leader for their persistence, please fill out this form.

mytwistedsoul November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Sun ❤️ I agree with Cheery on this! Congratulations Sun! 🎈🎉

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

Oh goodness, this is such a sweet surprise. I- I really don't have a lot of words currently to express how deeply grateful I am to receive this honorable mention. *cries*

I hold lots of respect and admiration for Tazzie in my heart, and I know a lot of people do, it truly is such a heart warming gesture to honor her massive contributions to the community, being the pillar of all things persistent she has been, for all of us, through this badge, and while the "badge" alone isn't what all this is about, it's the kind intent, the immense respect and love, and the sincere efforts in honoring someone so special, who may not be with us now, but is always with us in our heart and good thoughts, and this, I don't know the right word for it, but it is simply a blessing to follow along this magnificent legacy. 🤍

To have her shiny light fall upon me, is a blessing in every single way and I just cannot express my gratitude in full, words feel very short here. ❤

*hugs to everyone needing them*

Thankyou for the lovely words, MangoStar, it is a pleasure working with you and poking your PMs during the most random times lol, and to see your cheery magic site-wide. ❤ You've been phenomenal as a sub-community leader and I think everyone can agree on it as well.

Again, this means a whole of the universe and more to me. 😭

I *love* sub communities hehe, and am uber grateful to have the opportunity to connect and support people via the forumland, we roll through so many changes lol, but we roll so well, and together always, which obviously makes it more fun and an amazing experience altogether. ❤

Deepest and heartfelt thankyou's to everyone. 🌻

AffyAvo November 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Very well deserved, I see how much effort you put into responding in the forums! Congrats!

MistyMagic November 8th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou so well deserved Sun! You are shining a light on the forums every day and I am sure Tazzie would be very proud!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Chevy81 November 9th, 2022

Somehow I can sense how the whole entire universe is approving this very first Persistence badge was awarded to you, Sunnieee 🌻 congratulations! Your persistent (and seemingly endless) support to the community feel so genuine and sincere. Thank you for continuously shining some lights and bringing more warmth to us 🌞

SparkyGizmo November 10th, 2022

@Chevy81

Well said my friend! *high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

ouiCherie November 10th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I think we all agree that this is a well deserved acknowledgement & appreciation.

You interact, support & build connection with people. Isn't that what community is about? 🤍

I hope you know how much I appreciate you! 🤗🤍

Congrats, Sunnie!

tom-and-jerry-happy.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 10th, 2022

@ouiCherie Aww I know you do, and I hope you know how much I value anything coming from you, Cherie, and the fact that I actually hoped you'd stumble upon this one somehow, your happiness for another is always felt deeply, and greatly appreciated. 🤧💜

Thankyouuu lovely Cherie, I appreciate you more, and no, you cannot change my mind on this! 🤗

hello.gif

juliak1968 November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

Congratulations Sun!

juliak1968 November 7th, 2022

@juliak1968 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

cristlecares November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Ohhh myyyy Sunnnnnn wohooooo!! Congratulations 🎉👏💃 I'm sooooo happweeee to know that you're the first one to get the Persistence badge hurrayyy!

Ahh Sun, you really really really deserve this badge🌻😄 As mango said you're really a biggg and important part of this beautiful community and there isn't a single post/place in the community where we don't see your cheery self spreading lotsss of warmth, kindness and support🌻😄

I'm sooo glad to be one of the receivers of your beautiful positivity and rays of hopes💙🫂 Alwayssss be the radiating 'You' Sun☀️ You're amazingggggg and we are really glad to have you here with us💙

Thank you so much for everything you do for the betterment of this community! You're always appreciated, loved and adored😄🌻

Keep shining and keep spreading kindness around💙☀️

*Hugssss* and Pastriesss 🍰🍰🍰

celebration-confetti.gif

lucy2 November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

Truly deserved, Sun is just a wonderful member of our community!

You so deserve it @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Lucy2<3

versatileLily7902 November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango. Congratulations!!!!!!!! Never ceases to amaze me how amazing all the members are on this platform!!!!

Liv125 November 7th, 2022

This is a lovely idea, and i cant wait to begin nominating our sub community leaders for this badge 💛 Congratulations to Sun, who is always so positive and kind to everyone, as well as such a welcoming individual :) You deserve this badge very much!

LittleBirdie30 November 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou You are so amazing and you are essential to our community! Thank you for all you do and you are so deserving of this award 🫶🏻🌞☀️💛

theboymoana November 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou congratulations sun happy you get this badge is exciting you get that !!! 🎉🥳🎊💛

ReadBooks7 November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango thank you for this! Congrats, Sun!

Redirecting November 7th, 2022

A well deserved honor 🎖 . * Cheers and celebrations *

Journey144 November 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou is the perfect person to be the First Nominee for this magnificent, honorable badge. I cannot think of anyone more worthy to receive this at this time. Sunisshiningandsoareyou walks in the same glowing path as the one we shall always memorialize and celebrate. I am so happy to see this presentation. ❤️🏆💝🌺 Well deserved, Sunisshiningadsoareyou! Thanks for being Persistent and being You. May your days ahead be filled with wellness, joy, strength, and so much love from us all.

Thanks @CheeryMango for announcing this worthy achievement for Sunisshiningandsoareyou!

adventurousBranch3786 November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango. I couldn’t agree more!!! @Sunisshingandsoareyou

congratulations.gif

NewYorker11 November 7th, 2022

@CheeryMango

Congratulations Sunisshiningandsoareyou ! thank you for making this 7 Cups Community great for listeners and members, your contribution is inspiring!

GoldenNest2727 November 7th, 2022

_1667861170.download.jpg

Congrats, Sun! Well deserved!

wonderfulRainbow817 November 8th, 2022

@CheeryMango @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Woohoo Sun! You are so deserving of this, I couldn't agree more with Mango!

Sonicmario2002 November 8th, 2022

I know I just only hear right now, but Congratulations to @Sunisshiningandsoareyou 🎉🎉🥳🥳

Lou73 November 8th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Such a deserving recipient of this wonderful award!!! Huge congratulations to Sun, who honestly radiates warmth, positivity and understanding through every single message, comment and interaction. ☀☀☀☀☀

I'm so very glad to have met you Sun 😄 and thank you for everything you do here!

love-pooh.gif

🦋🦋🦋

yourbuddy30 November 8th, 2022

@CheeryMango The moment I saw the notification I thought of sun and nominating her. But reading the post, you have already been nominated. @Sunisshiningandsoareyou Congratulations! You truly deserve it

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 8th, 2022

@yourbuddy30

Aww this is too sweet, Buddy, thankyou for thinking of me, it means so much to me. Really appreciate how kind and appreciative you are towards everyone always. ❤

Stressedout76 November 8th, 2022
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou - Congratulations !!! You are truly amazing and you've worked hard , you deserve this and im so proud of you !! hard work pays off and you def have several accomplishments you have gained well done :)
IShiFood November 8th, 2022

nice!

SparkyGizmo November 8th, 2022

@CheeryMango

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi Good Day Sunshine! 😊❤️ I'm sure you know in your heart of hearts I was going to show up for this one! Wild horses couldn't drag me away from responding! It's just that important to me. *takes a deep breath* *easy Giz.......easy.....calm down, maintain your composure* lol 😊

Congratulations you incredible human being! All feels right in the world for me today! ❤️ You truly are the rightful owner of this badge! You know how I feel. What makes it even sweeter for me is that you are the very first recipient of this! Talk about setting the tone! I feel in my heart, down to the very core of my being, is that Tazzie would have wanted it this way! I like to think that Tazzie is always here with us, in spirit. Like a guardian angel that watches over all of us.

You and I spent time together chatting about my feelings in regard to Tazzie. She was an amazing mentor, teammate and human being. So many beautiful moments I had with them either publicly in the rooms or privately in pm's. They truly did care about us all. They showed me that they cared about me. They were so very kind to me, had words of wisdom to share with me and some of them were true pivotal moments for me here on 7 cups. What they said, I embraced and internalized. I am a better person for having spent time with them.

Good Day Sunshine, I'm a better person for knowing you also. I want you to know, that during our chat about Tazzie and everything that I shared with you about all of their wonderful qualities, I took a moment and I bowed my head over my keyboard. I prayed and I prayed that you would be the proud new owner of this badge! It's what feels right to me. The ties that bind and now it's a true union between you and another that I so deeply respected and admired as well.

That badge belongs on your profile page and in your heart! ❤️ Nothing warms my heart more than to know that it means so very much to you! I'm glad it does! I know you will do justice by that badge and it comes easy for you my friend! It's your natural inclination. ❤️ You do it every day, all day and you've done it long before that badge even came into existence.

I have a quote for you today. It's what came to mind. It's just how I feel. "I am a part of all that I have met"- Tennyson. What Tennyson meant by that was that humans are shaped by a combination of all life's experiences. Thank you for being what I call "the example" around here. Just as Tazzie was, you shape us in so many beautiful and positive ways!

Spidey twin, gotta' say, this is such a great day for me! Feels like Christmas came early this year!

*high fives* 😊 and biggesttttttt *hugs* ❤️

cheerfulIceCream November 8th, 2022
@CheeryMango

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Nisshiii Nisshiiii Nisshiiiiiiii yesssssssss, 🌞 🌻
Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 9th, 2022

I cannot thank y'all more for the sweetest messages, and having so much confidence in me, it truly means the world to me.

I don't think there's anything better than feeling genuine happiness and willing to be a part of someone's (someone on the internet?? Sorry but it really astonishes me day in and day out how selflessly caring and kind people here are always) happy moment. Y'all made it 1000 times more cherish-worthy for me and I'm simply grateful for all the love, warmth, kindness, encouragement and appreciation you offer me. Don't have any fancy words to say this currently, so I'll bold it for maximum emphasis lol: I am so so grateful to each one of you, and proud of our loving, caring, supportive, kind and appreciative community. It's people like *you* that inspire me and encourage me to keep at it, and so I'd like to think of this as a shared happy and proud moment, one for the entire community, and I really appreciate you being a part of this. It means a lot to me, again, from the bottom of my heart, Thank*you*. 🤧❤ (please feel the immense love and gratitude hehe)

@mytwistedsoul @MistyMagic @Chevy81 @AffyAvo @cristlecares @juliak1968 @wonderfulrainbow817 @versatileLily7902 @Lucy2 @Liv125 @littlebirdie30 @theboymoana @Help127 @Redirecting @Journey144 @adventurousBranch3786 @GoldenNest2727 @Newyorker11 @Lou73 @Sonicmario2002 @IshiFood @yourbuddy30 @Stressedout76 @cheerfulIceCream @SparkyGizmo

love-thank-you.gif

( thankyou)

theboymoana November 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou 💛☀️💛

yourbuddy30 November 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou we love you sun!

SparkyGizmo November 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

❤️❤️❤️

Sonicmario2002 November 9th, 2022

You are always welcome, we're here for you 😊

wonderfulRainbow817 November 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou❤️

Liv125 November 9th, 2022

😊💛

November 10th, 2022

Good job and thank you@Sunshiningandsoareyou💖