Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

🌟 Rising Star Program - 2024

tommy July 25th, 2023

screenshot-2023-07-25-at-12-15-12_1690283729.png

Very exciting news today as I have the privilege of reintroducing the new and improved Rising Star Program!

🌟 What is the Rising Star Program?
The Rising Star initiative aims to reach users who have got the enthusiasm for giving more to 7 Cups. It is created to help identify potential, guide people toward opportunities they may not know exist, and mentor those who don’t know how or where to start.

We’re looking to recognise potential at all levels, whether you’re nominating a fantastic listener who is not yet verified, you have identified a potential Project Agent, or you want some help to find the perfect leadership role for yourself. There are no limits as to who you can nominate or what you can nominate them for. We are here to support you and help be part of your 7 Cups leadership journey. As a thank you gesture, we will be awarding 150 cheers (listeners) / 150 growth points (members) to anyone who nominates an individual through this program.

🌟 What is the criteria to become a Rising Star?
We are ultimately looking for leaders who demonstrate kindness, approachability and a willingness to make a difference. Nominated individuals should also be passionate about 7 Cups and the work that we do here.

🌟 Who can nominate and who can be nominated?
Anyone! There are no restrictions as to who can nominate or be nominated. You can also self-nominate or use the form to get support on finding a suitable leadership role for yourself.

🌟 How many roles can I nominate someone for?
Every individual can be nominated for up to three roles. We do however recommend that the nominator thinks carefully about each role to ensure it is a good fit; our intention is to give an opportunity to these talented people without making them feel overwhelmed. You can find a list of our roles here.

🌟 What is the process of the selection?
We will be reaching out to the nominees on your behalf and will invite them to be our Rising Stars. If they meet the criteria of a role, they can be onboarded in the role. But if they do not meet any or all criteria of a role, an action plan and trial will be formed with the relevant project leader so that they are able to adequately meet the requirements whilst in the role.

🌟 I’d really like to help with the Rising Star project!
We are currently looking for support with outreaching for potential Rising Stars through direct messages and discussions (AMAs). If this is something you are interested in then please private message tommy.

🌟 Points of Contact
Rising Star Ambassador: tommy

Click here to nominate!

Psst... once processed all Rising Stars are announced in this thread!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 25th, 2023

Woohoo, thankyouu for bringing this back, it is an awesome way to spotlight and encourage our peers reminding them we *see* them and believe in them! ❤

A question xD what happened with the nominations we did earlier? :o

tommy OP July 25th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi Sun!

I am super excited to see this project in action again. It's going to be amazing to continue to recognise and reward talent 💛

As for any previous nominations, these should have been actioned and completed already. If they haven't or you want to double check the status then either send me a PM or you can submit another nomination form (as some of the questions have changed slightly to make the process easier)!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 25th, 2023

@tommy

Indeedioo and thankyouu, back to form filling for awesome people!🥰

Yougotmyback July 25th, 2023

Excited to see this! ✨

YourCaringConfidant July 25th, 2023

This is wonderful! ⭐🌟 Helping people discover their potential. I can most definitely support this. Love it. There's so many amazing people on 7cups. ♡

Jupiterbeingahuman July 25th, 2023

@tommy I’m so excited, thank you for hosting this. It gives people a chance to have a spotlight.

Saly33 July 25th, 2023
Can I try and discover here my skills and what can I support and provide assistance? I have many skills drawing motivation supporting others persuasion logical analysisSolving problems sometimes. I have knowledge of psychology and have completed several courses for self-development
tommy OP July 26th, 2023

@Saly33

Hey, Saly! We would definitely appreciate your support. Feel free to fill out the nomination form and outline some of your passions/strengths and we can work together to find you a role best suited to you 💪

Saly33 July 26th, 2023

@tommy

oh thank you Tommy💐👍

Optimisticempath July 27th, 2023

@Saly33 you can also try the leadership development program in cups Saly 💕

https://www.7cups.com/forum/academy/AcademyTeam_2313/AcademyProgramsforMembers2023_301573/

Saly33 July 28th, 2023

Thanks 🤗❤

heathermarie95 August 1st, 2023

i love this, thank you!

Georginahowe August 27th, 2023

What leadership roles is this under applied got confused

tommy OP August 27th, 2023

@Howegeorgia20

Hi Georgia,

This is a program and not a leadership role. The Rising Star program is here to recognise potential and support others in their leadership journey. If you notice potential in someone you can use this form to nominate them for specific roles or you can nominate yourself for a role if you don't quite meet the full criteria yet but believe you have what it takes.

Anyone onboarded into a new role through a nomination from this program are referred to as Rising Stars (again, this is not a leadership role and instead a project to support people finding the perfect role for them).

Hope this makes sense 😊

Georginahowe August 27th, 2023

@tommy

Makes abit more sense so i help people with roles

WorkingitThrough2 December 15th, 2023

@tommy

Tommy thank you❤️