Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cast your vote ! Saving messages in chats & rooms!

Laura December 12th, 2017

Hello Community,

I am here to ask for your feedback on an important topic: messages saved in every 1-1 chat. Many of you have long asked for more saved messages in your conversations and up till now, we have saved only the previous 10 messages in every conversation. This was for anonymity and storage reasons.

However, we are moving over to a new tool that will allow us to store and retrieve messages much more efficiently. As it can be frustrating to lose messages, this tool will allow us to do that. Hooray! Instead of saving messages by count, we will be able to save them by time.

Note: You would still be able to clear the chat log at any time.

This would also allow us the ability to increase the amount of time group support messages are saved.

So here is what we need to know from you! How long would you like to see your messages in a chat or group support to save for before they are automatically deleted?

Please vote on this idea here!

PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 18th

Cambriel33 December 18th, 2017

Yes finally! This really needs to be done

DrRay22 December 18th, 2017

I think saying messages is the best way. But what could be done is on the member side there could be a more secure way which will prevent any other person from accessing their messages.

lovingCamp5012 December 18th, 2017

PRIVACY IS A SERIOUS THING. I think the messeges on the Group Chats should be deleted automatically after 24 hrs and also messagess after a limit should be deleted on group chats and for 1-on-1 chats the older messages after a small limit should be deleted automatically. I think THERE IS NO REASON TO SAVE MESSAGES ON THIS SITE. After all it should be anonymous. If the member wants to remember the help he/she can take note before the messages get deleted. So the site should AVAIL THE MESSAGES A LITTLE LONGER BUT NOT ALLOW SAVING IT.

secretJackfruit7475 December 18th, 2017

@lovingCamp5012 in all for privacy, perhaps member can choose if he or she wanted to save and the option to allow listener to save or otherwise

Ketrid December 18th, 2017

As a member and a listener, i believe we need to have saved messages. It's gets very difficult to keep track of all the things that you have said and has happened.

Malasezzia December 18th, 2017

Posts should expire and only the last, say 10 messages, kept. For those of us who need assistance, privacy is a huge issue. We need a place to talk through our issues without the fear of our privacy being compromised. Automatic deletion gives a sense of security when you need to vent about a personal issue. If listeners can not remember conversations, then perhaps there should be a limit to the number of people they can support. Please don't underestimate the importance of privacy for those of us in desperate need of a place to talk that doesn't require a large bank balance and insurance card.

December 18th, 2017

I think they should be saved

CatieToews December 18th, 2017

AWESOME idea, it would be great to be able to look back on helpful conversations in case you other these things easily.

Laura OP December 18th, 2017

thank you all for voting! the vote is now closes

December 21st, 2017

I think there should be an option to delete chats more easily or to keep them. Make it like other social media sites so it is easy to use.