Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Only in the movies.

Gettingbettertoday July 30th

You know where in movies where someone gets hit in the head and therefore they forget who they are.

I wish that would happen to me. 

Clio9876 August 1st

@Gettingbettertoday

So you wish to forget who you are. Is that temporarily or permanently? I can see the appeal. With forgetting who you were, all the stresses and worries associated with your life would be gone.

But then you'd also forget us. Because you'd forget we were part of your life. And we would miss you.

I wonder if you liked yourself in that moment when you wished you could forget who you were. Because if you liked yourself, you probably wouldn't want to wish yourself away. It's sad to me that who you are doesn't line up with who you wish you could be. Because I know from my own experience that that can be a painful place to be. But I take a lot of comfort in the fact that you are still posting. That takes tenacity. That's a good feature to have.

If you would find it helpful to share, what in particular would you like to forget or get away from in your life?

In the meantime, best wishes. I hope today has been a better day for you.

Gettingbettertoday OP August 1st

I'm thinking permanently.

I grew up adjusting my personality to fit in everywhere. I was good at it. Even in highschool i was like by disparate social groups: Stoners, Motor Heads, Jocks, Thespians, and of course the geeks which i was king. 

Somewhere along the way I lost who I am. The real me not the facade 

.Along with that i also have emotional baggage.

If i could only forget all this I might have a chance to find myself. The 7 year old who is cowering in the dark corners of my psyche.  

Clio9876 August 2nd

@Gettingbettertoday

I love the fact that you are searching for the real you. That 7 year old deserves to be found. They sound a little frightened and lonely. I can relate a lot to trying to be the person other people expect you to be. I don't know much about these things, but maybe you can tell that 7 year old all the challenges and heartache you are going thru to find them, and that will tell them how much they mean to you?

Have a good weekend.

Roo2CQ August 10th

@Gettingbettertoday

I've wished that so many times. What part would you hang on to though? Under the surface, it's dark. But there's a seed. Bring the sunshine to it. ☀️

Tinywhisper11 August 10th

@Gettingbettertoday I will assist you with that issue 🔨😏

Yeah being hit on the head really isn't much fun, and loosing your memory I'm guessing isn't much fun either. There is about a year of my life I can't remember, it kinda bugs me. Plus you got a pretty head, let's not ruin it ❤ I know you struggle alot🙁 I wish there was something, anything I could do to help you, but the best I can do is give you a big virtual hug ❤ and let you know I do really care about you, your a really nice guy

fatcatzcouple-egg-yolk-cat.gif

annadaisy50749 August 10th

@Gettingbettertoday

thats...not sustainable...
because you are who you are because of your lived experiences....u form ur identity.

completely wishing to forget your life(if thats what you mean) sounds like a bad very bad coping mechanism...i think you should look for ways to overcome whatever you r going through....if there is a will there is a way ifyyk.

its just not sustainable. realistically its not. 

proactiveTalker3411 August 10th

I am curious to know what made you to reach this kinds of wish ? Do you think when you forget who you are , life would become nice ?

Gettingbettertoday OP August 10th

@proactiveTalker3411

Life would be reset to 0. Right now i am operating at a deficit. I am burdened by a life lived poorly.

Steve71 August 10th

God do I hear that one. Please let me forget who I am.

VintageLatika August 29th

I wish I forget all the bad experiences & toxicity and live happily ever after holding on to beautiful memories in abundance of loveful atmosphere ♥️

EchoEce17 August 29th

@Gettingbettertoday

We all wish that. Don't we? Well, if you get to know the trick to it, please let me know as well. 😄

Psalm139 August 29th

I can relate to feeling that way. I feel like I could function a lot better as a person if I could delete some years of memories.