Farrah17 July 12th, 2022

Hi

I am Farrah

and new here

If there is anybody here who is empathetic supportive understanding and patient

If be glad to know

mytwistedsoul July 13th, 2022

@123479 Hey :) it's nice to meet you and welcome

There's alot of really nice supportive and understanding people here - it can just take alittle time to find people you click with

I'm not a listener but we can talk here if you're comfortable with it. I also understand if you're not and there's no pressure ok?

goldenLion1121 July 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Hi! It's so nice of you offering to help another member but unfortunately members cannot provide/offer support to another member.

If your thinking of becoming a listener then please message a mentor/listener for the form.

mytwistedsoul July 22nd, 2022

@goldenLion1121 Hello :) I appreciate what you're saying but I have to disagree. Members are perfectly capable of offering and providing support and encouragement to one another in the forums. In fact, I believe that's the whole purpose of the forums.

goldenLion1121 July 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoulI

I totally understand and get what you're saying but no member is allowed to offer/receive support from another member.

It's the same with listeners; a listener is not allowed to offer support unless they have all the peer support badges.

I do think you would make a excellent listener tho! ❤️

@goldenLion1121 I'm sorry I don't mean to argue with you but the whole purpose of the site is to provide emotional support

MidnightRaven999 July 23rd, 2022

members are actually allowed to support each other! There are no rules against it!

carefulNest9894 July 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul ..ok let's talk

@carefulNest9894 Sure :) you should probably set up a thread of your own as this is @123479 thread. Feel free to tag me if you decide to do that

Farrah17 OP July 17th, 2022

Hi

thanks so much

mytwistedsoul July 17th, 2022

@123479 Hello :) How are you? I hope you're finding some nice people here. Have you been able to find a supportive listener yet?

Farrah17 OP July 20th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Hi thanks so much for asking

I have one listener which is great but its good to have more I personally think

I am having a really bad time

I hope you are doing well

mytwistedsoul July 21st, 2022

@123479 You're welcome :) Hey one listener is a definite win and I don't blame you for wanting to have a few others. That way hopefully there is someone available when ever you need to talk with someone. I hope you find another one soon

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad time right now. You're dealing with trauma. I mean no disrespect - but trauma is the gift that just keeps giving. It takes time to work through things and the bad days seem to outnumber the good. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It not something anyone should have to go through

Farrah17 OP July 21st, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

I understand what you mean but I don't and wont ever view trauma as a gift

I think the lessons can be great though

Yes its great to have found one listener

thanks for caring

mytwistedsoul July 21st, 2022

@123479 You're right. I'm sorry I said that - I shouldn't have said that. It's a curse and a constant battle each day and night. It affects everything and it's like life ceases to exist. The person you were before is gone and you want nothing more than to be done with all of it. People tell you to let it go - to move on and move past it but you can't. I know this too well myself

yubiee July 21st, 2022

@123479 Welcome to 7cups!!! Glad to have you here!!! 😊

limegreenSpruce5425 July 21st, 2022

@123479 Welcome to 7 Cups! I hope you will have an amazing experience here.

Armaan72 July 21st, 2022

Hello

spiritualpumkin July 21st, 2022

Hi Farrah!

Everyone here is looking for support, and a lot of people are willing to support others. I'm new here too, so don't worry! If you want to talk to someone with those characteristics, try out the listeners option. If you are looking for a group, communities are good too! If you don't want either, you can always talk to me or another person :).

Mommysboy3205 July 21st, 2022

@123479.

Hi very nice to meet you. You know I’m feeling down and I would definitely love to chat with you and help if you want or give me the opportunity to talk

Farrah17 OP July 22nd, 2022

mytwistedsoul

I hope this works as I am not able to reply to you properly here

Its ok we all view things differently

yes its hell in my opinion

yes people say many things and I am learning to dismiss it

Avik1209 July 22nd, 2022

Hi

I can listen to you

ChloeTheDuck July 22nd, 2022

@123479

Hello, it's nice to meet you.

Bhagen July 22nd, 2022

I'm trying to find the same thing as you...

scenicLily1191 July 22nd, 2022

@123479 Welcome to 7 cups! We love having you here.😊 As a fellow listener who is compassionate about this platform and our members, I can tell you that there are a load of amazing listeners here!😊

jasishereforallofu July 22nd, 2022

Hi and welcome im here to listen ❤️

Farrah17 OP July 25th, 2022

In my experience the listeners mostly have been terrible

they are here to just listen not tell me what I need to do or how they don't agree with my therapist and make me feel triggered and worse that's really bad