Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What does the "Last Active" time indication mean on a listener's account?

gregariousAcai1247 November 17th, 2019

Just want to see if my favorite listener is still active. "In last week" is supposed to mean the listener has logged in within last week, right? And "In last month" is supposed to mean the listener has logged in within last month? My experience shows that "In last week" means within the past month, and "In last month" means more than a month but maybe less than 3 months ago. I'm not sure.

RarelyCharlie November 17th, 2019

@gregariousAcai1247 This is an interesting observation! It would not be the first bug of this kind to be found.

So, if I understand it right, you've seen a listener profile that says "In last week" but you know the listener has not logged in for over a week. I'm wondering, how is it you know when the listener logged in?

Charlie

gregariousAcai1247 OP November 17th, 2019

@RarelyCharlie I admit looking at it to closely :), but he only talks to me, and I do find visiting profile a sort of comfort, so I do visit it often even during periods when I'm not talking to him, as to not bother him. I've always noticed that the "in last week" switches to "in last month" exactly 30 days after our last correspondence.

Recently I've seen the "in last week" switching to "in last month" exactly 7 days after our last correspondence.

A bit of an obsession, yes, but I use our chatroom as a journaling space too and sometimes it helps me to know he logs in and reads it; he doesn't have to respond.

RarelyCharlie November 17th, 2019

@gregariousAcai1247 It should switch from "In last week" to "In last month" 7 days after the last activity on the account. If it switches later than that, it suggests some activity that you are not aware of. Switching after exactly 30 days could be a coincidence, meaning that the last activity on the account happened to occur 23 days after your last correspondence, but if you often see that happen it could be a bug. You can report a bug here: Submit a request

Charlie

gregariousAcai1247 OP November 18th, 2019

@RarelyCharlie

Thank you! Yes if it suggests some activity that I'm not aware of, then I'm happy because that means he hasn't abandoned his account etc. ;). Or it could be just a bug ... oh well. Thank you for clarifying, and thank you for taking the time to answer such an obscure question :D