Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Newb navigation questions

WaffleGhost January 28th, 2021

Apologies. I've searched for these answers, and I'm sure they're out there....but im having a hard time sifting through the search results to find what I need.

I'd like to have a one on one conversation with somebody from one of the communities. How do we go about that?

Also, is there a way to see which posts I've commented on?

I've tried the app and mobile web site. Thanks for any help.

RarelyCharlie January 28th, 2021

@WaffleGhost Two difficult questions! I'm more familiar with the website.

To find a listener from a community, maybe look through that community's forum and note which listeners are answering questions.

Alternatively, in Browse Listeners, click More Filters and then Show Listeners Only. Choose a Topic from the list. Unfortunately the topics don't always match up with communities.

To see posts you've subscribed to, go to My Forum Threads. Check the Subscribed Threads box and search again. Normally, when you comment, you are subscribed automatically, so this mostly finds your comments.

Charlie

WaffleGhost OP January 28th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

Thanks. I can connect to listeners, but in a community post, I began talking with somebody and we'd like to have a 1 on 1 conversation. Is that an option?

RarelyCharlie January 28th, 2021

@WaffleGhost Yes. If the listener is an adult, you can simply click on their profile picture and send a message. That automatically starts a 1-to-1 chat. If the listener is a teen it is not allowed, though, because you are an adult.

Charlie

WaffleGhost OP January 29th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

So when I click your name, theres a Chat button. That isn't the case though for most other users though. Is it a Member vs. Listener thing maybe?

Also, other than clicking your link to my forum threads, how do you navigate there? Again...I feel like this should be easy to find, and I'm not sure why I'm not seeing it. When I use 7Cups help and search "my forum threads" three results come up, and none of them are helpful.

WaffleGhost OP January 29th, 2021

I'd guess there's no option to edit posts either, so I can fix things I should have caught before hitting Add Post...

Thanks for helping by the way, I appreciate it.

cyanPineapple7906 February 2nd, 2021

@WaffleGhost

Im with you! Where to start, navigate, post?