Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tips

compassionateWatermelon6923 September 19th, 2023

Do you guys have any tips for dealing with anxiety in school?

rainbowplum September 20th, 2023

@compassionateWatermelon6923

i usually try talk to someone and trying to get a hug from a friend or fidgeting with something

calmKermit7178 September 20th, 2023

Heyyy , self care really helps … sometimes carrying a mini stress ball can also make a difference ❤️🌻

exuberantBlackberry9105 September 20th, 2023

@SociusVj Honestly, that looks like tips for parents or teachers. Here we have a teen themselves asking for tips to deal with anxiety. I wonder where you got that list from.

@SociusVj No problem! Yeah, teens can technically "follow" the tips, but they wouldn't "Encourage kids and teens to practice..." etc.

Tobias5 September 20th, 2023

@compassionateWatermelon6923
Hey there!

I personally used (past tense as I'm in online school now), counting games such as Fibonacci to calm myself. There is also a really good guide on managing anxiety on 7cups that might help you a ton - https://www.7cups.com/anxiety-help/. I hope you do well on your journey and start feeling better at school soon!

@compassionateWatermelon6923 Hi Watermelon, I really get where you are coming from. I too get anxious a lot of times, trust me, we all do sometimes. You aren't alone at this. Not everything helps everyone, buy I feel drinking some water helps me. Wishing you all the best. ❤

AnyoneThereItsMeMo September 23rd, 2023

When I have anxiety, I tend to hold in my breath. So I feel like rubbing my favorite scent helps. For example, I like the smell and tingly sensation of tiger balm or peppermint oil so I’ll use those on my forehead or under my nose when I feel anxious. Wishing you the best!

CitrineHearts September 24th, 2023

dealing with stress in school isn’t easy, but I find this tip to be

helpful as a distractor or a good way to keep you grounded. When you feel like an anxiety or panic attack is emerging, you can use the

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1" method.

your five senses would be prominent here: sight (think, what 5 things can you see? it could be a pencil, it could be the door), touch (what 4 things can you feel? maybe you can feel your hand on your lap, the long of your sleeve, your feet on the ground), hearing (what 3 things can you hear? maybe it’s your stomach rumbling? what are some sounds you can hear outside of your body?), smell (what 2 things can you smell) and taste? (what is one thing you can taste? coffee? gum?).

i hope you would try this method ! i would love to know if it was helpful <3