Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

quietBeach575 October 28th, 2016

@Laura I pledge as botha member and listener!

Genevieve123 October 28th, 2016

I undertake to be kind, caring, empathetic and considerate in my appraaches with 7 cups members. I willnot judge. I will keep confidences. I will try to act with grace, humour and compassion . Gx

ScorpioxZ October 28th, 2016

I solemnly swear, before those witnesses who stand before me, that I shall adhere to and uphold the oath I take today. To respect all individuals as they respect me. To be supportive of others as they support me. To abide by the rules and guidelines of this community which were established for the security and well being of all.

sociableStrings2600 October 28th, 2016

I take a member oath to adhere to all the goals, values and guidelines set up by the moderators on 7 cups. @Laura

kattyaw October 28th, 2016

Today I take my oath as a 7 cups member. I would like to frequently come by to improve myself, to chat with others so i can gain a better perspective of my current situation and also eventually help others too.

Signed: //kattyaw//
Date: 28th October 2016

conscientiousVase6150 October 28th, 2016

As a thankful member of 7cups this is my Oath, to be supportive, compassionate and kind to all I encounter. To share love and tenderness. To be there and listen without judgement.

Deb

oliveCoconut2394 October 28th, 2016

@Laura

I promise to give positive responses to those I listen to. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can help, I will help. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make the world a better place to all the best of my ability.

oliveCoconut2394

28/10/2016

October 28th, 2016

@Laura I'm not a listener here (yet!) but I promise to adhere to all of 7cups values (:

jr50 October 28th, 2016

I hereby take the 7 cups oath ,I promise to treat listeners and other members with compassion,kindness and respect, I will try my best to encourage others and help make this a safe place to come.

Signed // jr//

10/ 28/2016

Autumnsprings October 28th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Autumnsprings, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Autumnsprings

Date: 10-28-2016

WolfInAOnesie October 28th, 2016

@Laura

While I am not a Listener, I promise that I will be kind and as supportive as I can be to everyone that I interact with on this site, and in my offline life too.

Signed: //WolfInAOnesie//
Dated: 28/10/2016

mindfulJar23 October 28th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, mindfulJar, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed: //mindfulJar//

Dated: 28/10/2016

Asaarandra October 28th, 2016

I pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

Asaara

28th of October, 2016

Narby October 28th, 2016

I pledge as a listener

SMLHappy October 28th, 2016

@Laura

I am glad I found this forum!

I pledge to be the best listener I can be. I will do this by showing empathy and love to everyone I come into contact with. I will never judge a member or listener, and will do my best to represent 7 Cups in a positive light.

generousTalker8626 October 28th, 2016

I am a listener on here

warmheartedNectarine757 October 28th, 2016

I pledge to take the 7 cup oath. I pledge to be kind, thoughtful, and respectful to everyone to include myself.

Raya501 October 28th, 2016

I promise to be kind to everyone in this awesome community!

I'm thankful for whoever had the idea of creating 7Cups, everyone who helped in creating it, and the good people I met everyday on it. If I'm making any progress, it's all thanks to 7Cups.

WeabooTrash October 28th, 2016

@Laura

I promise to be kind, understanding and respectful towards both members and listeners, as we are all equal human beings and none of us are all-powerful gods, not good-for-nothing pieces of trash. We are not divided into black and white, but instead we are all in different shades of grey (Ya see what I did there~?). I shall do my best not to judge, nor to let myself be judged by others. I will contribute to this community as a member and I shall become a reason for both members and listeners to grow and develop as individuals. That is my member oath and I will try my hardest to encourage change and development for the greater good!

//WeabooTrash//

Date: 10/29/2016

Rebornphoenix89 October 28th, 2016

Rebornphoenix89 10/28/16

Rebornphoenix89 October 28th, 2016

I promise to be kind understanding and do the best I can to support all members in their time of need always be compassionate and know everyone is hereto get help like me. Rebornphoenix89 10/28/16

Moi2016 October 28th, 2016

I promise to follow 7cups rules and guidelines..to continue to share in this wonderful community .i enjoy the support and kindness here.thankyou💙

practicalGrapes8851 October 29th, 2016

@Laura

I am not a listener, but I take this oath, and promise to obey all of the above.

LadyCali October 29th, 2016

I agree to the values, terms, policies and guidelines of this website.

Signed: Jenny901
Date: 10/28/2016

sympatheticPrune6704 October 29th, 2016

How about a good old Guides promise... with a twist

i promise that i will do my best to be true to myself and develop my beliefs,

to respect the 7cups community, to support other people

and to keep the community rules

Signed: sympatheticPrune6407

date: 29/10/2016

Anth12 October 29th, 2016

I pledge an oath to use 7cups to get better and eventually help others in my position

EllieKB October 29th, 2016

i promise to return to this site regularly, be kind empathetic and caring, and to help grow the community.

PhoenixVigilant October 29th, 2016

I promise that I will do my utmost to be true to myself and my calling in this life: to help, nurture, be patient, kind and loving towards anyone and everyone I meet here.

-Kitty&Co.

October 29th, 2016

@Laura I promise to show kindness and support to all of those who are truly struggling. 10/29/16

WithGraceIWillHeal October 29th, 2016

@Laura

I promise to always be supportive and loving the the poeple that need it. I promise to stick to the guidelines and not get involved in negativity. I will do everything in my power to keep this promise

(I'm not a listener so I don't have a name, but i wanted to take this oath anyway)

WithGraceIWillHeal October 29th, 2016

@WithGraceIWillHeal

Haha replying to myself

Date: 30 Oktober 2016

nepetaa October 30th, 2016

@Laura I hereby swear to follow all rules and regulations set, and to do my best to be positive, kind, and generous to all who I interact with heart I will maintain a good outlook and try to spread joy, and I will do my best to make sure that everybody stays safe.

nepetaa 10/29/16

observeroflife October 30th, 2016

@Laura

Someone has posted something about availability of counterfeit money and passports...i urge you to look into it....was going through the feed and came across it,something's fishy.

AaliyahXOXO November 3rd, 2016

I Pledge a oath to try my hardest to be supportive and kind and use 7 Cups in a nice calm way

blissedNblessed November 5th, 2016

I, blissedNblessed, hereby take this precious oath compassion and kindness, respect and empathy towards all living beings, especially the ones here I meet on 7 Cups. For everyone is struggling in their own way and I may not know what that is. So if they come across angry - I will react with self care but nothing but respect and kindness back - for they are hurting ( but it does not mean I will allow them to hurt me).

I, blissedNblessed will adhere to the guidlines and values of 7 Cups because they mirrior my own <3 And because I want to be a helpful and loving member of this suppport system that is flowing with love and kindness here. I want to be a part of something greater than myself.

I, blissedNblessed, vow, to use this site to grow , strengthen and to heal. Bearing my soul to myself and sometimes to others. I will work through this hidden pain that fuels my decisions now and change core beliefs about myself that are outright Wrong. I will learn to Love myself, forgive myself, show compassion to myself and let go of all that harms me ....sometimes in a quick just, smetimes slowly - but most importantly - I will do it.

I , blissedNblessed will honor these ideals and rules and show love and kindness to all I meet here ( and outside ouf here) - this includes myself. I also am adding a vow to myself - that I shall break dwn my walls , heal what needs to be healed, look at what needs to be looked at ( when I am ready) so that I may in turn, become a listner one day and help others do the same for we all have the power to do so.

Thank you 7 Cups for being here and inspiring me and awakening my heart <3

much,much love and light <3

blissedNblessed

11/5/16

Smyro November 8th, 2016

I promise to do my best here on 7 Cups of Tea and be kind to guests, members and listeners alike. I promise to try hard to get better and help other people get better.

estelle7 November 12th, 2016

I, estelle7, pledge an oath to be kind, to be compassionate, to be respectful, and to be the best Listener I myself can be to those who are in need of help and to my fellow Listeners as well.

colourfulsoul3 November 13th, 2016

I pledge to use 7 cups to be a kind human being!

crimsonMelon8700 November 14th, 2016

I pledge an oath to use seven cups in order to gain more confidence and to help others.

tranquilForever68 November 21st, 2016

I, tranquilForever68, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opprotunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let other lean on me int heir time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtul in all my interactions.