Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

luxme February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, Luxme, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: Luxme
Date: 02/03/2020

oliveSpruce960 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I,olive, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Olive

Finch44 February 3rd, 2020

I, enigmatic cookie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: enigmaticcookie
Date: 3 feb, 2020

selfdisciplinedWest47 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, _selfdisciplinedwest_, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:selfdiciplinedwest

WorthyStruggle February 3rd, 2020

I agree with the oath

Wanderingsky95 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura it doesn't seem apparent how to take this oath.

cherryblossom183 February 3rd, 2020

I, cherryblossom183, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: cherryblossom183
Date: 11/9/2014

milkywaygirl98 February 3rd, 2020

I, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

pinkEyes6782 February 3rd, 2020

Pink

xStrawberryWitchx February 3rd, 2020

I, Berry , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Berry
Date: 2/3/20

BrooklynBlack February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, Brooklyn, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: BrooklynBlack
Date: 03/02/2020

scarletMaple7490 February 3rd, 2020

I ScarletMapel, take the 7 cups oath I pledge to be kind, and supportive of others feelings and right to express themselves freely without judgement and without prejudice 💞

glory15 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, glory , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: glory
Date: 2/03/2020

MadAsIWannaBe February 3rd, 2020

Whilst I don't quite feel the need to take an oath to be nice to a fellow human being (& no oath can/should bar me from being honest to oneself & another), yet I do so for the sake of its mandatory nature & in order to calm some nerves. I'll try my best to be nice & respectful/honest in here, as I would normally do.

scarletMaple7490 February 3rd, 2020

I ScarletMapel, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I have read and understood the Community Guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and Listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-Judgemental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the Community.

I understand as a Community, we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing my stay in the Community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences with them to grow as a Community together.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the Community and understand how I will react to any situations that is my choice.

I will follow the Community Guidelines and support each other in building the Community better for everyone.

Signed: ScareletMapel

03/01/2020

jurre February 3rd, 2020

I, Jure, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Professor40 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura I take this oath thx

sadbeach2019 February 3rd, 2020

I, el, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: el

goaheadsmile February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, emz, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: emz

sympatheticDrum5072 February 3rd, 2020

I, shruti, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

MalindaVene000 February 3rd, 2020

I, _Melinda_____, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed Melinda

LivyLou02 February 3rd, 2020

I, ___LivyLou02_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Olivia//

philosophicalEyes8141 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, philosophical eyes pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

lavenderTalker3519 February 3rd, 2020

I, C, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

@lavenderTalker3519

i agree

Hello

communicativeBalsam4356 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

n with your username like this:

I, Aria, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Aria
Date: 2/3/2020

Aasia February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, Aasia pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Aasia

fmorocho February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

toughPal3790 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, ____toughpal3796_______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: toughpal3796
Date: 2/2/2020

adaptableBunny4627 February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

ShawnKZ February 3rd, 2020

I, ShawnKZ pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:

monkygentle February 3rd, 2020

@Laura I guess I am taking the oath.

RadiantBeach February 3rd, 2020

Hey! I'm trying to get the Member oath badge.

MaceA February 3rd, 2020

@Laura @MaceA

MaceA February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, MaceA, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //MaceA//

@MaceA

alyxairene21 February 3rd, 2020

I, Alyxa Irene, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Alyxa
Date: 3/2/2020

SunnyTwigs February 3rd, 2020

I, Sunny, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: SunnyT

healermusician February 3rd, 2020

@Laura

I, "healermusician", pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //healermusician//

limeMango1470 February 4th, 2020

I, limemango1470, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: limemango1470