Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

MartianMars13 January 20th, 2020

I, Mars, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: MartianMars13
Date: 1/20/20

peachStrings341 January 20th, 2020

@MartianMars13

emotionalBunny31 January 20th, 2020

@MartianMars13

Gujon3073 January 20th, 2020

@Laura Thank you.

emotionalBunny31 January 21st, 2020

@Gujon3073

Gujon3073 January 21st, 2020

@emotionalBunny31 hi

stillLavender24 January 20th, 2020

I, Lavender, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: StillLavender24
Date: 1/20/20

katdekit January 20th, 2020

I, __________Kat_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

jabbawock January 20th, 2020

I, Jay, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: jayonfire

Date: 1/20/2020

RubyShoes31 January 20th, 2020

@Laura

I, Ruby Shoes, pledge before my fellow community members that I read and understood the community guidelines and will comply and seek to ensire compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and be non-judgmental.

I will remain respectful of everyone I encounter in the community, which I understand is a place where we come to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations, and will use the proper channels if I need to escalate any concerns during my time in the community. .

I am open to learning from and sharing and learning with others. I take responsibility for my behavior and understand that how I react to any given situation is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support everyone in building a community that is better for all.

Signed: //RubyShoes/

@RubyShoes31

lavenderSail2683 January 20th, 2020

@Laura

I,lavenderSail2693, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

affectionateCoconut26 January 20th, 2020

I, username, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

unluckyguy January 20th, 2020

check

@unluckyguy

@emotionalBunny31

@emotionalBunny31

@emotionalBunny31. How is everyone doing today? I just want to chat. Checking the day out.

@emotionalBunny31

@emotionalBunny31. Hi how are you today?

@unluckyguy

enthrall3d January 20th, 2020

I pledge to be kind, honorable, and respectfull in all ways at all times while i vist this site!

@enthrall3d

Hi

PlayD3ad January 20th, 2020

Where do we post the oath?

Dustaftertherainfalls January 20th, 2020

@Laura

I, dustaftertherainfalls , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, Dustaftertherainfalls

Date:1/20/20

goldenShip8921 January 20th, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witness, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

Signed: goldenship8921

1/20/2020

SydSyd77 January 21st, 2020

I, ________________Sydsyd___, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //SydSyd77//

xxkrankxx January 21st, 2020

I, Jamie H, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Jamie H//
Date: 11/9/2014

Avocado22 January 21st, 2020

I, Avocado, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Ryhockey14 January 21st, 2020

I, Ryan, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Ryan

Date: January 20, 2020

PuffyCapybara January 21st, 2020

I, PC, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //PuffyCapybara//

CableJackson January 21st, 2020

I, CableJackson, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: CableJackson

tallDime9128 January 21st, 2020

I, tallDime9128, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //tallDime9128//
Date: 21/01/2020

@Laura

Agustin16 January 21st, 2020

I promise it

Agustin16 January 21st, 2020

I promise it

Lucy919 January 21st, 2020

i promise to abide by and exemplify the oath. @Laura

yuusan001 January 21st, 2020

I, Tam, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Tam (yuusan)
Date: 01/20/2020

ThisCantb4Real January 21st, 2020

@Laura

warmheartedCar3694 January 21st, 2020

I, CN , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

naturesoul January 21st, 2020

@naturesoul. I agree to the oath