Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Ineedlove7777 January 18th, 2020

@Ineedlove777

I, Ineelove777, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.
I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.
I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.
I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.
I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.
I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.
Signed: IneedLove777
Date: 18 Jan 2020

FlutteringPhoenix January 18th, 2020

I, Fluttering Phoenix, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.
Signed: Fluttering Phoenix

@FlutteringPhoenix

Sounds good.

How to pledge oath to join group discussions is a question i have ?

@Ineedlove777 I hope Ia am giving the correct advice.

I think you need to write out the above oath, with your own username in it and sign and date it the bottom, then post it on this thread.

Hope this helps.

@FlutteringPhoenix πŸ’“ like Sincerely thank you ma'am !

Yes, it did !

I'll do what i can .

You did help out a lot .

Hoping your days going great .

Sincerely :

Take care please, πŸ€—πŸ™ƒπŸ™‚πŸ˜Š.

Ivan HightTower~

@Ineedlove777 thank you. I hope that you can do this and that you benefit from the friendship and listening skills of members here.

Ineedlove7777 January 19th, 2020

@FlutteringPhoenix

Awe, πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“ Thanks, you & me both .

That's very kind of you, for going out of your way to help me out.

With respect, you are a truly helpful kind & good soul !

If I'm allowed, what may i address you as ?

You can just call me T or Ivan for now.

I honestly came hear to talk learn grow meet other's & to be completely honest about it, your the only one who actually has helped me or really cared yet to communicate with me.

Hopefully others deserving of your time & kindness will show you the same compassion and warmth you've shown me / sympathy and willingness to help answer or communicate.

And sorry to take so much of your time if it's been a trouble.

Please consider me a new sweet respectful acquaintance .

Thanks again πŸ™‚πŸ’–

TY~

P.s.s

I never said my actual name .

the internet is a place where developing trust is key.

Thought I'd address this for the sake of honesty.

I am a honest soul... πŸ™‚ Nice meeting you again πŸ™‚

I, Ineedlove777, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.
Signed: Ineedlove777~

adaptableFig9175 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, Hanna M, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //HannaM//
Date: 18/1/2020

I know I should type something myself but I'm not currently in the right frame of mind to do so.

compassionateShip5327 January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, _______g____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: g
Date: 1/18/2020

I, Ineedlove777, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.
Signed: Ineedlove777

placidTiger1340 January 19th, 2020

It seems a bit ridiculous to have to post here to access the rooms after being allowed to use them for years without this badge.

@placidTiger1340

I agree & precisely !

TY~

distorted3cstacy January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, distorted3cstacy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: salem <3
Date: 18/1/20

turquoiseMap9115 January 19th, 2020

I, Milli,, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Milli//
Date: 19/1/2020

lukethesadtransboy January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, ;Luke , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: luke
Date: 19/01/2020

Watchitburn23 January 19th, 2020

I, @watchitburn23, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

LightboiZac January 19th, 2020

I, Zac , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: LightboiZac
Date: 1/18/20

JuniperBella January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, JB , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

JB

tintinnabulum3 January 19th, 2020

I, BellRinger, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: BellRinger

sunnyHouse7930 January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I M, pledge a moral oath before everyone in my community, that I read and understoof the guideline and will treat every person at 7cups with the respect they all deserve.

Signed: M

1/18/2019

ElijahBoyd January 19th, 2020

@Laura I take an oath

rockym January 19th, 2020

I, Rocky, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Rockym

LadyDovahkiin January 19th, 2020

I, LadyDovah710, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: LadyDovah710

nicole01234 January 19th, 2020

Bologna Member Oath - All Encouraged to Not Participate

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Deuces

Caroline3626 January 19th, 2020

@LauraI I , Caroline3626 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

jlejend January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I dont wanna say my real name so I will just suffice to say:
I, Doodly Doo, Agree to the member thingy. Now lets Friend.

Moj January 19th, 2020

I, Moj pledge to be respectful, kind, caring and supportive to those in the community.

I have previously pledge this oath in 2015, but will recommit this same pledge again, so I am once again able to take part in the group support rooms.

Signed, Moj (01/19/2020)

BriLeeBri January 19th, 2020

@Laura I accept the oath with all my heart and compassion ❀️

Signed, Bri

01/18/20

PenguinsForLife January 19th, 2020

I, whoever I am, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: WhoAmI127
Date: 11/9/2014

savvicc666 January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, savvicc666 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: savvicc666
Date: 1/19/2020

passionateOwl1292 January 19th, 2020

Signed: PassionateOwl
Date: 1/18/20

EchoesintheMaze January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, EchoesintheMaze, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //EchoesintheMaze//
Date: 01/19/2020

pillarKitten99 January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I, Pillarkitten, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Pillarkitten99

Water6835 January 19th, 2020

@Laura

I agree and pledge to these rules

@Water6835

passionateScarf367 January 19th, 2020

@Laura I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

passionateScarf367

1/19/2020

heart

politeThinker3126 January 19th, 2020

I took the oath.

RoseAnn99 January 19th, 2020

I, RoseAnn, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

courageousAcres3651 January 19th, 2020

I,courageousacers pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: courageous acers
Date: 1/19/2020

lightsindark1 January 19th, 2020

i take the oath