Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

hrichardson8 January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, @hrichardson8, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

As there are no other avenues to follow to get quick support I will attempt to jump through the required hoops set by admin despite condescending overtones and inaccessibility.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: @hrichardson8
Date: 17 January 2020

DavidCali January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, David Weisburd, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: David W
Date: 1/17/2020

jbzk451 January 17th, 2020

I, Jasper, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: @jbzk451
Date: 17/01/2020

lylahgirl66 January 17th, 2020

@Laura lol

Ivanov January 17th, 2020

@Laura

Hey Laura, i know that we have to take oaths and i Ivanov do take a pledge that i will be as helplful towards the fellow users and other in need just like me, tjose tyat have mental health struggles and eben try to motivate them if possible

But i think we should give mods the ability to ban the IP Addresses of the bad users, and make it a rule that VPN's arent allowes.or any proxies for that mattet, amd we should have a punishment chatroom for people who enter for the first time, that the first time they ll be temporarily bannes for 24 hours, the next tike they do, they ll be banned for a week and the third time their IP address is peanently banned from the website, and that those people are banned permanently if they become toxic towards their fellow.naughty users in that punishment room, because lately i have seen people who were from the depression chat, come.from discord amd attack and hatass other users and say crap about Glenn Moriarty.

I know its a little.yoo much but i just thought i might let you know, because there have been times these trolls have been harassing even those who re suicidal

And these discord trolls have a 7Cups server on discord for whixh they even try to steal listeners from here.

Juat wanted yo let you know thats all @Laura

milicaaa January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, Milica pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: Mica
Date: 17.1.2020,

iijacob January 17th, 2020

Ok.

beausha January 17th, 2020

I, Beau, give my word that I read and understood the community guidelines and will ensure to be compliant during my stay at 7Cups.

Beausha
01/17/2020

goldenTalker1229 January 17th, 2020

I agree to these community guidelines and pledge to interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

FeredirSystem January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, Ben125, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

AwesomeSaiesha January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, Saiesha,

pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

helloOrange7086 January 17th, 2020

@Laura

I, HelloOrange, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Orange//
Date: 11/9/2014

tealBeing9057 January 17th, 2020

I take my oath.

anuser January 18th, 2020

I take the member oath to be kind and compassionate to all.

Fredtheman111 January 18th, 2020

@Laura. Hello i take the oath, signed, (fred habeeb). Thank u

LovingScout January 18th, 2020

I, LovingScout, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: LovingScout

Bidobeee January 18th, 2020

@Laura you have my word

SD996 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, ____________Sem_______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Sem//
Date: 01/17/2020

yuna0317 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, yuna0317, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: yuna0317
Date: 17/01/2020

Undercover7 January 18th, 2020

This is very important and it's great that it's being done 😊

____

I, Undercover7, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Undercover7
Date: 18/01/2020

SakuraHikari January 18th, 2020

I pledge my oath that I have read and understood the community guidelines and that I will abide by them.

SakuraHikari

ivoryBanana974 January 18th, 2020

I, promise under oath to be open minded, be judgement free and accept everyone as they are with whatever flaws they have.

Jade2p3c January 18th, 2020

@Laura I'll do my best to uphold what 7Cups stands for, and to be kind and compassionate to whoever I come across

Jade2p3c

01/17/20

jypsyspirit January 18th, 2020

@Laura

Jack2Kelsie January 18th, 2020

I, Kelsie Thiel, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:Kelsie

Skiz January 18th, 2020

I, __S___, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: S

selfdisciplinedKite662 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, selfdiciplinedkite, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Kite

WingFighter17 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, Alex, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Sunshinefishgirl January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, Nikki, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //sunshinefishgirl//

KayJayVee January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I solemnly swear to adhere to the guidelines, and pledge the Oath

Yzkirtxelil January 18th, 2020

Okie Dokie 👍

zeldaorrunescape January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, zeldaorrunescape, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: zeldaorrunescape

braveBanana6307 January 18th, 2020

@Laura i am not sure how to post.

fiddy January 18th, 2020

I agree to adhere

cairomanhattan January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, Simone, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //cairomanhattan//
Date: 18/1/2020

Deatnwish687 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

i take the member oath into my hands

Ilovecanada January 18th, 2020

I, ilovecanada. Swear to treat everyone with respect. I will talk to everyone with kind words, and help anyone who might need it.

I agree with all the rules that we are swearing to.

your pal, ilovecanada.

goldenJet1993 January 18th, 2020

@Laura i agree to the memebership oath

secretCity757 January 18th, 2020

I, SecretCity757, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

placidCucumber8616 January 18th, 2020

@Laura

I, placidCucumber8616, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: placidCucumber8616
Date: 18/01/2020