Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

hakunamatata36 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, Hauka, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Hauka//
Date: 16/01/20

gizmooo January 16th, 2020

I, Gizmo, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

JJ726 January 16th, 2020

I, JJ726, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: JJZ726
Date: 11/9/2014

willingSea8374 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, willingsea8374, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:

tiredpanda1845 January 16th, 2020

I, panda, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, panda
Date: 1/15/2020

DeadWinter666 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, DeadWinter666, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Moonlitrose1 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, Moon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Moon//

Castiel78 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, Castiel789, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

FesterTY January 16th, 2020

@Laura I adhere to the member oath and all of 7cups's rules

CharlieBlack January 16th, 2020

I, Charlie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

modestTangerine2774 January 16th, 2020

@Laura I agree.

OrangeBanana2017 January 16th, 2020

I, OrangeBanana, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, OrangeBanana

HearTheRhythm January 16th, 2020

I, HearTheRhythm, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

nessafaith January 16th, 2020

I, Nessa, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, Nessa

Date: January 16, 2020

FallenAvatar January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, FallenAvatar, pledge to adhere to all community guielines, and the above oath. I also pledge too do my best to help myself, and others feel/be better.

- Fallen

1/15/20

friendlyMaple6333 January 16th, 2020

I, friendlyMaple6333, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: friendlyMaple6333

Date: 1/16/2020

mystrawberrykitty January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, greysgreysgreys, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Grey//

radiatingstar January 16th, 2020

@Laura. i pledge to this oath

StoicSteamStoker January 16th, 2020

So I have to post in this thread to be allowed to use the chatrooms again? ALright, whatever.

I, StoicSteamStoker420, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Daemon85 January 16th, 2020

I, Daemon85, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Daemon85
Date: 16/01/2020

sunnyOwl2965 January 16th, 2020

I, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

AnniBeee January 16th, 2020

I, Anni, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: AnniBee
Date: 16.01.2020

AnniBeee January 16th, 2020

I, Anni, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: AnniBee
Date: 16.01.2020

blueCar4242 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

reading the oath

flyingbubbles January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, ______flyingbubbles_____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //flyingbubble//
Date: 1/16/2020

adaptableSpruce369 January 16th, 2020

I pledge the oath to be a good member

aintluv January 16th, 2020

I, aintluv , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //aintluv//

Date: 01/16/2020

Kate339 January 16th, 2020

I, kate339, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

warmheartedLemon9915 January 16th, 2020

I will make sure ill be a helpful member

fordblock1 January 16th, 2020

I, fordblock pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

oliveTalker7099 January 16th, 2020

I take the member's oath.

NeedHelp69 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, @NeedHelp69, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @NeedHelp69
Date: 16/01/2020

ShiningSilver January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, Rebecca, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Rebecca//
Date: 16/1/2020

Gemgem82 January 16th, 2020

pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: gemgem82

Fehlingslove January 16th, 2020

@Laura

@Fehlingslove

EmpireAnts January 16th, 2020

I, EmpireAnts, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: E

TheItalianAlchemist January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, Mist, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

KilgoreTrout January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to maintain an attitude of respect and decency while using this site. I will do my best to listen to others and explore the issues at hand. I understand the importance of not seeking to find solutions, but rather work towards promoting acceptance and positivity.

peachWater2201 January 16th, 2020

@Laura

I, peachwater2201, have reviewed and promise to adhere to the 7cups rules and the 7cups oath. I will uphold a compassionate mindset and show it in my actions, and I will keep learning and try to be better for myself and for the community.

Signed: peachwater2201

Date: 01/16/20

thesurfsidebench January 16th, 2020

I, Luke , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.