Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Isabelleileen October 30th, 2017

I take an oath to follow all of the 7 cups goals and values. Also i love one another for who they are and not what there depression/aniexty says they are. @Laura

BaconWrappedKitKats October 30th, 2017

I, BaconWrappedKitkats, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

BaconWrappedKitkats

Date: 30/10/2017

Eternum October 30th, 2017

My Member Oath:

I, SnowKitty, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

SnowKitty

Date: 10-30-2017

cityofangels98 November 6th, 2017

I pledge to be nice and respectful.

Signed: Cityofangels98

Date: 6 November 2017

enthusiasticPond5679 November 8th, 2017

I am promising to show kindness and support to all those i interact with here. 7cups oath

//Calmseas76//

11/8/17

PuffyCloud11 November 9th, 2017

I promise to show compassion, non-judgment, and kindness to all the 7 cups community members.

//PuffyCloud11//

11/9/17

LifeIsMyCanvas November 9th, 2017

I agree to keep the community guidlines and uphold the 7cups values where ever I can

LifeIsMyCanvas 9/11/17

KingRavana November 10th, 2017

Accept people with great respect.

ionflore November 11th, 2017

I pledge not to judge and to use kindness to everyone I interact with... Io

TheListener7867 November 11th, 2017

I pledge for my member account

Pedro4TheWin1992 November 11th, 2017

I pledge an oath for being kind, respectful and honest with all, treating them exactly as I wish I was treated.

I commit myself to be active here, both as a member and as a listener, to dedicate myself to improve my well-being while helping others in their own paths.

CreativeFloof November 12th, 2017

I promise to always adhere by the 7 Cups guidelines, to show compassion and respect to all members of 7 Cups and uphold the values of 7 Cups to the best of my ability!

Signed: //Harieo//
Date: 12/11/17

MzBabie81 November 18th, 2017

I pledge to abide by the guidelines. The values of this group are my own also, they are part of my core.

December 3rd, 2017

@MzBabie81

I pledge to abide

December 14th, 2017

@scarletPear1945

what is this???

NotYourAverageHuman November 20th, 2017

@Laura

I take the member oath!

zee999 November 22nd, 2017

@NotYourAverageHuman hi

delicatePeace November 21st, 2017

I pledge to be kind, helpful and give respect to others.

comfortingWhisper57 November 24th, 2017

My Member Oath

I ComfortingWhisper57 promise to give my help and support by listening to anyone who reaches out to me in distressed.

I promise to be kind, empathetic, supportive and respectful.

I promise to guide you in the right direction no matter what, to seek the help you may need.

I promise to be professional.

Signed:

ComfortingWhisper57

Date: 11/24/2017

TheListener7867 November 27th, 2017

Thanks everyone

brightPear1753 November 28th, 2017

I will use seven cupd

Ss

enlightenedIcicle75 November 28th, 2017

I pledge to the member oath

rebel11 November 29th, 2017

Could somebody better define what the following means on this site?

8. Use proper conflict resolution skills with every person on the site
Proper conflict resolution means dealing with conflict in a supportive manner that benefits both you and the other person involved.

aquaticsky December 5th, 2017

@rebel11

trying not to fight but rather solve conflicts in a more productive / mindful way

Tinyfreckle November 29th, 2017

I solemly promise to adhere to the rules/guidlines of 7 cups and do my best to keep this site a safe and supportive environment.

intelligentPlace2345 November 30th, 2017

I think it's unfair that this is supposed to be a helpful community and yet there's no one around but a simple bot

I have been waiting all day and there has not been a single listener to answer my request; with the amount of members this community has I find it very hard to believe that no one is "available" to help.

7Cups puts helping as a priority, doesn't it? This problem has affected me for several times and I think it's just too much. We need more commitment.

rebel11 November 30th, 2017

@intelligentPlace2345

Sorry that's happened to you, keep trying. 7 Cups work's still hasn't worked stuff out.

RetiredAndAlone December 11th, 2017

@intelligentPlace2345

I have only been on here a couple of times, but find it to be something pretty amazing! I haven't gotten far enough along to even try to get results for myself yet, but have seen numerous people feeling like they are improving. Even if it is slow, which I don't know yet, to get help at all and for free is definitely pretty amazing. Just hang in there and be patient, because even if they did get back to you immediately, you still wont be able to fix any anxiety or depression issues you might have overnight.

Good luck!

BraveBumbleBee December 1st, 2017

I take the member oath.

GreatestClassiest December 4th, 2017

I was I am and i will be with 7 cups always. It's my another home.

creativeEyes1445 December 13th, 2017

I pledge to actually use this website to help me.

lonesomedude13 December 13th, 2017

This dude abides

catlady04240 December 14th, 2017

I will follow oath

sincereEast4964 December 14th, 2017

I pledge to be supportive, encouraging, and loving to others and also to be receptive to encouragement, support, and love. heart

Keion December 17th, 2017

My Member Oath

I Keion promise to give my help and support by listening to anyone who reaches out to me in distressed.

I promise to be kind, empathetic, supportive and respectful.

I promise to guide you in the right direction no matter what, to seek the help you may need.

I promise to be professional.

Signed:

Keion

Date: 17/12/2017

December 20th, 2017

I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

IlladvisedGinger December 20th, 2017

I pledge to actually try to improve my mental health and be respectful to others on here.

LonelyCherryBlossom December 22nd, 2017

@Laura

I take an oath

daydream92 December 22nd, 2017

I take the member oath.

MrRoboto December 26th, 2017