Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

aquaBeing6752 February 11th, 2023

@LauraI, aquaBeing6725, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //aquaBeing6725//
Date: 02/10/2023
CocoaCassie February 11th, 2023

@Laura pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Cassie

0zzyk1ns February 15th, 2023

@Laura

I, 0zzyk1ns , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //0zzyk1ns//
Date: 02 / 15 / 23

bixy February 15th, 2023
@Laura, I, bixy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: bixy
Date: 2 / 15 / 23

hardworkingHuman4356 February 16th, 2023

@Laura

I, hardworkingHuman4356, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

greenWriter2900 February 16th, 2023

I, GreenWriter, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone. Signed: GreenWriter Date: 2/16/23

affectionateSummer2229 February 16th, 2023

I take the pledge and will uphold it.

neatDay5890 February 17th, 2023

I, neatday5890, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

That1FriendlyGirl February 19th, 2023

I, That1FriendlyGirl, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Date: 19/2/2023

toughTiger6481 February 20th, 2023

I toughTiger 6481 take this pledge

t1dstrong February 20th, 2023

@Laura I have taken the oath as a member and I am so grateful to have found 7 cups!

iinsOMNIAxx February 20th, 2023

@Laura I, iinsOMNIAxx, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: iinsOMNIAxx
Date: 02/20/2023
secretPerson5544 February 20th, 2023

@Laura

I, _Secretperson__________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed secret person

dated 2/20/23

sugarcookies7 February 21st, 2023

2/21/24

@LauraI, sugarcookies7, pledges a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, sugarcookies7

hotchiptrash February 21st, 2023

I'll adhere to the guidelines

Filmlover12 February 24th, 2023

I, __ hope_________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

rainyday768 February 24th, 2023

@LauraI, rainyday768, pledges a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, rainyday768

yardcarrot February 25th, 2023

@Laura

I, YardCarrot, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: YardCarrot
Date: 02/24/2023

HereToListenPaige February 25th, 2023

@Laura

I,Paige, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure their compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I pledge to be a kind person without judgment. I pledge to have humility and respect for others. I pledge to do my best to support those I listen to as far as my abilities reach.

ClumsyPotato55 February 25th, 2023

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

ClumsyPotato55 February 25th, 2023

I, clumsypotato55, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

TuxCatLady15 February 28th, 2023

I, Tuxcatladt15, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

tu1m March 2nd, 2023

I, tu1m, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

ChelleTheBelle222 March 3rd, 2023

I, ChelleTheBelle, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ChelleTheBelle//
Date: 03/02/2023

LavenderDaily March 3rd, 2023

@Laura

I, LavenderDaily, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LavenderDaily//
Date: 3/3/2023

HappyAlex19 March 3rd, 2023

@Laura

I, Alex, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Alex S.
Date: 03/03/202

HumanoidChia March 4th, 2023

@Laura

I, Chia, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //HumanoidChia//

Date: 3/3/2023

Grammy23 March 16th, 2023

@Laura

I, @Grammy23, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Grammy23
Date: 03/15/2023

AnnieChae March 16th, 2023

I, Annie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it's compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Annie Chae
3/16/23
KeiYumiko March 16th, 2023

@Laura

I, Kei, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

Signed: //KeiYumiko//

Date: 03/16/2023

WorkingitThrough2 March 16th, 2023

@Laura

I, _WorkingThroughit2__________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @WorkingThroughit2
Date: 3/16/2023

March 21st, 2023

I, Heather pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Heather//
Date: 21/3/2023

OddZonedWolf March 21st, 2023

I, OddZonedWolf, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: // Donavan S (OddZonedWolf) //

Date: 21 February 2023

leaningOak355 March 21st, 2023

@Laura

I, leaningOak355, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: leaningOak355
Date: 3/21/2023

Tartpeach March 21st, 2023

I, Maroon4, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Maroon4
Date: 2/21/23

Keith22534 March 21st, 2023

I, Keith22534, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

LakeLureLocal April 5th, 2023

I, LakeLureLocal, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making a them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it’s compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning from them to grow as a community together.

Signed: LakeLureLocal

Date: 4/5/2023

selfdisciplinedAcai6132 April 6th, 2023

I, selfdisciplinedAcai, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: selfdisciplinedAcai

Date:4/6/2023

luminousIceCream6924 April 8th, 2023

@Laura I luminousIceCream6924 Pledge to my fellow community member to respect the community guidelines that are set before me on this website and that are followed by my fellow community members.

I am trust and uphold rules as they are set for our own safety and to make this a place where everyone can trust that personal information even if discussed with a handful of people still remains personal.

That is all i can think of. If there is anymore i should add please comment and i will make updates accordingly. Sincerely luminousIceCream6924

April 9th, 2023

I, Bee, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BeeLive//

Date: April 09, 2022