Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Researcher385 June 7th, 2023

I, Prodraxis/Shadow, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Prodraxis//
Date: June 6, 2023

RileyM75 June 7th, 2023

I, RileyM75, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

asethi June 8th, 2023

I, asethi, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //asethi
Date: 8/6/2023

seashell145 June 12th, 2023

@Laura

I, Seashell, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Seashell
Date: 13/06/2023

seashell145 June 12th, 2023

@seashell145

Do I have to write seashell145 or is writing Seashell is enough?

ButHereIAm June 13th, 2023

I, ButHereIAm, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-judgmental.

Signed: //ButHereIAm//

Date: 6/13/2023

Alinz June 15th, 2023

@Laura

I, Alinz, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:Alinz

Date:15/6/203

June 15th, 2023

@Laura

I, @JaceB , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @JaceB 🌈✨

Date: June 16, 2023

Romarium June 15th, 2023

@Laura

I, Romarium, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, Romarium

goodenough23 June 16th, 2023

@Laura

I, goodenough23, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Sign: goodenough23

Date: 16.06.2023

Aaliyah2024 June 19th, 2023

I Aaliyah2024, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: Aaliyah2024
Date: 19/06/2023

Armaghan June 21st, 2023

@Laura

I, __Armaghan Shoukat_________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Armaghan//
Date: 11/9/2014

RaeOSunshine89 June 22nd, 2023

I, ___RaeO'Sunshine89__, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: RaeO'Sunshine89

Date: 06/21/2023

thelostsoul92 June 22nd, 2023

@Laura I, _thelostsoul92, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //thelostsoul92//
Date: 22/06/23

lightPark8457 June 22nd, 2023

I, lightPark8457, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //lightPark8457//
Date: 06/22/2023

Barltik2065 June 28th, 2023

@Laura @ASilentObserver

I, Barltik2065, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Barltick2065
Date: 06/28/2023

Supernova880 July 2nd, 2023

I, supernova880, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: SR
Date: 07/02/2023

Clio9876 July 3rd, 2023

@Laura

I, clio, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Clio9876

Date: 02/7/2024

With elbow bashing assistance from Bridget the cat. 🐈

HopeLives23 July 3rd, 2023

I, HopeLives23, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //HopeLives23//
Date: July 3, 2023

LoveMyMoonflowers July 7th, 2023

I, LoveMyMoonflowers, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LoveMyMoonflowers//

Date: 07/07/2023

linda19152 July 7th, 2023

I find this app extremely difficult to use every time I find a listener it either takes forever to get a reply or I get ghosted can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong

raspberrypeach200 July 8th, 2023

I, raspberrypeach200, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read & understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will be thoughtful & compassionate in my conversations.

Signed: //raspberrypeach200//

Date: June 8, 2023

fairmindedYard6117 July 9th, 2023

I, fairmindedYard6117, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //fairmaindedYard6117//

Date: 5/30/23

lavenderOrange4641 July 9th, 2023

I, lavenderorang4651, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: lavenderorange4651
Date: 9/07/2023

ILendAnEar2U July 9th, 2023

@Laura

I, LendAnEar2Sam, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LendAnEar2Sam//
Date: 09/07/2023

PapaJeff59 July 9th, 2023

I, PapaJeff59, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //PapaJeff59//

Date: 07/09/2023

cafelatte46 July 10th, 2023

I, PapaJeff59, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: cafelatte46

Date: 07/10/2023

NeurospicyGirl July 11th, 2023

@Laura

I, SomebodyIUsedToKnow8143, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //SomebodyIUsedToKnow8143//

Date: 11/07/2023

Megalomentaurus July 11th, 2023

@Laura

I, Megalomentaurus, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conservations.

Signed: //Megalomentaurus//

Date: 7/10/2023

ILendAnEar2U July 11th, 2023

@Laura

I, ILendAnEar2U, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ILendAnEar2U//
Date: 11/08/2023

@ILendAnEar2U

I messed up the date!

I meant 11/07/23

@Laura

I, ILendAnEar2U, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ILendAnEar2U//
Date: 11/07/2023

LucidDavid July 11th, 2023

I, LucidDavid, so pledge!

theboymoana July 13th, 2023

@Laura

I, theboymoana, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: theboymoana
Date: 07/13/2023

ThorsMjolnir996 July 13th, 2023

I, Thorsmjolnir996, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will stay respectful of everyone i encounter in the community.

Signed: Thorsmjolnir996

Date: 07/13/2023

lovingBeechwood6967 July 13th, 2023

@Laura

I, lovingbeech, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //beech//
Date: 07/2023

SprucedWicked July 13th, 2023

I, Spruce, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

spruce

thateyelashinyoureye July 15th, 2023

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that i read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 cups. i will be kind, open minded, understanding, empathetic, respectful and non judgmental towards everyone in the community. i will be accountable and responsible. i will learn and be open to everyone's thoughts and ideas. i understand that as a community we are here to seek and provide support.

date: 15/07/2023

imaginativeField13 July 16th, 2023

I, imaginativeField13, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, pattience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

Signed: //imaginativeField13//

Date: 07/15/2023

orangeField1420 July 16th, 2023

@Laura I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: orangeField1420
Date: 07/16/23

this just popped up in my email idk if I’m actually supposed to sign it or not😅