Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

lalabrowni July 23rd, 2022

@Laura

I'm lalabrowni, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

My777 July 27th, 2022

I, __________my777_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NotALaser July 30th, 2022

I, NotALaser, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: NotALaser

Date: 30/07/2022

ragekitty July 30th, 2022

I, __ragekitty_______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: ragekitty
Date: 07/30/22

Psalm139 August 6th, 2022

@Laura

I, Psalm139, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Psalm139
Date: 08/05/2022

Phoenix1234theythem August 6th, 2022

I, Phoenix1234theythem, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Phoenix1234theythem//
Date: 6/8/2022

Mscooper2789 August 9th, 2022

@Laura

Megan Cooper, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

fuzzyLemon August 10th, 2022

@Laura

I, FuzzyLemon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: FuzzyLemon 🍋

Date: 10/08/2022

calmmoon2104 August 11th, 2022

@Laura

I, calmmoon2104, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed : //calmmoon2104//

recliningfate August 11th, 2022

I, recliningfate, pledge a moral oath before my fellow members, making them my witnesses that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-judgemental.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: RecliningFate Date: 11.08.2022

Rose183 August 14th, 2022

I, Rose , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Rose183//
Date: 14/8/2022

charmingSky5972 August 28th, 2022

@Laura

I @charmingSky5972 take this pledge to be a kind and considerate member of 7cups, that I have read and agreed to the guidelines and values of 7cups. I will hold myself accountable and keep an awareness of others and their journey here. I am not yet a listener but maybe one day could be. I will make this a special and beneficial journey for myself and peers at 7cups.

charmingSky5972 August 28th, 2022

I, Christina, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed charmingSky5972

WingstoYou August 28th, 2022

I, WingstoYou, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in all of my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns I may face during my stay in the community.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation is solely my choice.

Signed, Wings to You 😇

Date: 28/08/2022

tidyHickory3283 August 28th, 2022

@Laura

I, tidyHickory3283, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //tidyHickory3283//
Date: 28/8/2022

NSYHJTJBTS August 28th, 2022

I,NSYHJTJBTS pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //NSYHJTJBTS//
Date: 28/8/2022

compassionateCar7091 August 28th, 2022

I Tia Johnson pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members making them my witnesses that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it's compliance during my stay at 7 cups I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindness and being non-judgement. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

Signed Tia Johnson

Date 8/28/2022

debssy August 29th, 2022

I, debssy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will eact to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: //debssy//

Date: 8/29/2022

faithfulKitten2198 September 3rd, 2022

I Rahul pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non- judgemental.

Rahul

2-9-22

SupQueen September 10th, 2022

Signed: //BrittanyD//

Date:9/9/2022

Redirecting September 14th, 2022

@Laura

I, Redirecting (Le), pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Redirecting//

Date: 09/14/2022

SerenitysFire September 14th, 2022

I am a new member, so I hope this is okay...

I Serenity's Fire agree/pledge to abide by the guidelines set forth by the 7Cups community. I agree to treat my fellow community members with compassion, respect, and acceptance. I will do my part in creating and maintaining a safe space where all are welcome to freely be themselves, and allow them to express themselves as such.

Serenitys Fire

AChesspieceofyourlife September 21st, 2022

@Laura

I, AChesspieceofyourlife, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AChesspieceofyourlife//

Date: 21/09/2022

colorfulSunrise1284 September 23rd, 2022

@Laura

Io, colorfulSunrise1284, prometto un giuramento morale davanti ai miei compagni membri della comunit , rendendoli miei testimoni, di aver letto e compreso le linee guida della comunit e di assicurarne il rispetto durante la mia permanenza al 7Cups.

Tratterò i miei colleghi membri e ascoltatori con compassione, pazienza, apertura mentale e non giudicando.

Rimarrò rispettoso di tutti quelli che incontro nella comunit .

Comprendo che come comunit siamo qui per fornire e cercare supporto.

Sarò premuroso e compassionevole nelle mie conversazioni.

Utilizzerò i canali appropriati per intensificare le preoccupazioni incontrate durante la mia permanenza nella comunit .

Sarò aperto a imparare dagli altri e condividere le mie esperienze e imparare con loro a crescere insieme come comunit .

Prenderò la responsabilit del mio comportamento nella comunit e capirò come reagirò a qualsiasi situazione che sia la mia scelta.

Seguirò le linee guida della comunit e mi sosterrò a vicenda nella costruzione della comunit migliore per tutti.

Firmato: colorfulSunrise1284

Data: 23/9/2022

TheAlchemist1111 September 23rd, 2022

@Laura

I, TheAlchemist1111, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //TheAlchemist1111//
Date: 23/9/2022

Overthinker13579TU September 23rd, 2022

@Laura

I, Teertha Unni, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Teertha Unni//

Date: 24/09/2022

SleepyShyCat September 25th, 2022

I, SleepyShyCat , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //sleepyshycat😺//

Date: 25/9/2022

Elaylor September 28th, 2022

I, Elaylor, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it’s compliance during my stay at 7e up’s.

i will treat fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-judgemental.

i will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

i understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support

i will be thoughtful and compassionate in any conversation

i will use the proper channels to escalate any concern ma facing during my stay in the community.

i will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together

i will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice

i will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

signed: Elaylor

date: 27-09-2022

Lixxie33 September 29th, 2022

@Laura

I, Lixxie33, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Lixxie33//
Date: 9/29/2022

FloralDance September 30th, 2022

@Laura

I Floraldance, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Floraldance

Date: 30.09.2022

jcqlinshots September 30th, 2022

@Laura

I, Jacquline Sloane D. (jcqlinshots), pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Jacquline Sloan D./
Date: 09/30/2022

LPyMP September 30th, 2022

I, LPyMP, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.
LPyMP September 30th, 2022

@LPyMP

Forgot to sign sorry

LPyMP 09/30/22

xxParkerxx October 3rd, 2022

I, Lynn, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Lynn
Date: 10/3/2022

kindPomegranate4816 October 5th, 2022

I, Renee’ Arnold, pledge a moral

oath before my fellow community moments, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it’s compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

inwill treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

Signed: Renee’/kindpomegranate

Daye:10/4/2022

ThadSterling October 6th, 2022

@Laura

I, Tyler J.R., AKA ThadSter, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure their compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, and open-mindedness while being non-judgmental.

Signed: Tyler/ThadSter

Date: 10/06/22

(I hope it's okay that I didn't use my entire real name, but my real name is Tyler and I wanted to make it as personal as possible, so I abbreviated the middle and last initial. <3 )

elephtheria October 13th, 2022

@Laura

I, Elephtheria, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Elephtheria
Date: 10/13/2022

AmintaBlack October 20th, 2022

@Laura

I, AmintaBlack, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AmintaBlack//

Date: 10/20/2022

TheAlchemist1111 October 21st, 2022

I, TheAlchemist1111, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //TheAlchemist1111//
Date: 21/10/2022

Justy745 October 21st, 2022

I, __justice_________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone. 😊