Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your comfort TV show or movie?

tommy August 14th

screenshot-2024-08-14-at-18-20-59_1723656064.png

This discussion forms part of our life challenges event. Click here for more information!

When life gets a little hard or when exhaustion hits, I find no better enjoyment than sitting down and binge watching a comfort TV show or movie. Something that pulls at all the right heart strings or something that reminds you of better times. This enjoyment is sometimes what gets us through the tough times!

I remember when I was much younger going through school and finding things difficult, I often watched my favourite TV show (Waterloo Road) in the evening before bed to settle myself and give me the extra boost of confidence and energy to tackle the next challenge that came my way.

What is your comfort TV show or movie? Something that makes you happy, comfortable or at ease. Bonus points for a description as to why it's your favourite! 

tommy OP August 14th

Tagging our TV & Movies taglist -

@Aceluv @Antonio7Cups @Dawnie0203 @daydreammemories @iloveyouxx @kindhearted5345 @Mahad2804 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou 

daydreammemories August 14th

@tommy

friendss and modern family 

Antonio7Cups August 14th

@daydreammemories 

I love Modern Family! 🤩❤️

imdb-emmys.gif

Antonio7Cups August 14th

@tommy 

My favorite show is probably The BlackList, it's a spectacular thriller. 📽️👮‍♂️👨

blacklist-the.gif

ConureConnor August 15th

@tommy

It's hard to pick just one! But if I had to choose, it would definitely be The Owl House. It's themes just really resonated with me, and it even helped me to accept certain things about myself that I used to be ashamed of. It came out at the perfect time as it was absolutely the show I needed as I grew out of my teenage years! It was also one of the first things my current best friend and I bonded over. The memory of watching the series finale at his house is something I think I'll cherish forever. Oh, and it also has my favorite character of all time in it!!!

www.gif

Antonio7Cups August 15th

@ConureConnor 

That title sounds cool actually! 🤩

ForgivingFuture67 August 15th

I think How I Met Your Mother. The ending isn’t great but the show is a great sitcom that has fun characters I can relate to in my own friends’ group

Antonio7Cups August 15th

@ForgivingFuture67 

I have seen this one! I really love it! ❤️

ScorpiaD August 15th

@tommy I love the show Mike and Molly. The humor in it makes me laugh too hard. It's one of those "feel good" shows that pick you up when feeling down.

melissa-mc-carthy-oh-yeah.gif

Olive1Q82 August 19th

Lately it’s been Asteroid City. I’ve watched it ten times at least haha. I can’t explain why but it’s a good comfort show.

Antonio7Cups August 19th

@Olive1Q82

I remember seeing that name when I was looking for movies on Prime Video!

I'm going to make a note to watch it. 😎

TaylorTheFrog August 19th

@tommy

ooo I would have to say Ninjago or even The Owl House!

ConureConnor August 19th

@TaylorTheFrog

So cool to see a fellow fan of The Owl House here!!! ✨

BlueDarkAurora August 19th

@tommy Modern family<3 It's funny no matter how many times I've watched it. 

shake-it.gif

akunknown August 19th

@tommy

Used to be Power Rangers especially the Tommy episodes bc he was my favorite one. This show comforted me by showing me no matter what your personality is, you can always provide valuable contribution. And most episodes always started and ended on a positive note. Plus the humor provided by those school bully thugs (forgot their names lol) Of all the seasons Tommy was in though, I gotta admit I found that car season to be the my least favorite. I just found the creativity of it boring and not as creative as the previous seasons were. But hey that’s me. 

But now it’s (listing the following as they come to mind) :

Batman TAS bc it showed me how much difference one person can make with just being smart and having the will to do that without having any superpowers. Yeah he’s rich but even if he wasn’t, being as smart as he is he’d still probably could’ve invented at least some of the gadgets and tech he has to do what he does. Also, while he did talk, it wasn’t so much that he was known for talking compared to other things he’s known for or mostly known for. Yet he’s still accepted by so many people showing me that people who don’t talk much or at all can still be accepted by society. 

The old TMNT snd Spiderman animated shows bc of the jokes lol.

The 90s-2000s WB shows (Buffy, Party of Five, 7th Heaven, Dawson’s Creek) that I remember watching so I may be leaving some names out. These shows had scenes that allowed me to show my emotions no matter what they were depending on what the scene was so I didn’t have to hold those emotions in which isn’t healthy. My most favorite characters from Buffy were Angel and Spike whenever they were good but Spike was funny even when he was a villain too. But they all had important contributions making picking favorites hard. And from 7th Heaven, everyone brought something important making this difficult but if I had to choose, Matt and Lucy bc while they did bad things themselves during the show, Lucy was this sensitive, caring person and became even more caring over the course of the show even during the times she felt left out of everything which resonates completely with me and Matt was such a great, caring oldest sibling which Simon evolved into once Matt moved out and Simon grew up and matured. 

Step By Step bc while it had some sad or angry moments or scenes, it was a happy show. Even the intro and the theme song including the lyrics were happy. While I loved all the main characters my favorite if I had to choose one was Cody. 

Sting from 96-on and The Undertaker bc they both still are my #1 favorites. For Sting, I love him on the mic and how he not only plays to the audience but draws them in. Love his energy, enthusiasm and entrance as well as their victory celebration too. For The Undertaker it’s all of that but also how he played, presented and was completely dedicated to the Undertaker character to where it was his whole life for 30 years. The evolution of Sting and especially The Undertaker is truly amazing. The darker versions bring me the most comfort when I saw how despite them barely saying anything, they were still loved, adored, admired, respected by so many and were popular and that showed me that people who don’t say anything can be accepted by others if others allow themselves to accept silent ones. 

akunknown August 19th

However as much comfort as I get from watching tv even now, I do get more comfort from music or listening/hearing stuff especially stuff that brings me enjoyment which leads to being comfortable when engaged with any form of media, whether it’s music or tv or anything like that. 

Lonidale24 September 11th

Regular show is my go to show right now

Saturday

@tommy I love the movie, The Greatest Showman. I can watch this movie over and over, it's amazing and the dances are so lovely.