Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Scared to tell

CindyIsNotOkay August 31st, 2018

hello everyone. So Ive started a new relationship with this girl whos really kind and caring this is sorta my first real relationship since I was hurt and she keeps asking about my past but I dont know how to tell her about it I dont wanna scare her away or I feel like shell hate me for it I just dont know what to do cause this is my first time Ive really told anyone.

DavidEss August 31st, 2018

@CindyIsNotOkay

Wow Cindy that's really brave to come on here like this, for the first time .

You have real hopes for this relationship, don't you?

CindyIsNotOkay OP August 31st, 2018

@David100351 yea i really hope so

DavidEss September 1st, 2018

@CindyIsNotOkay

So what I'm hearing is that on the one hand you want to be yourself , to be honest, with her. And on the other hand you are scared that you will come across as too damaged, too needy?

CindyIsNotOkay OP September 1st, 2018

@David100351 yes exactly that

im worried that shell think that and just not want anything to do with me

Anomalia September 7th, 2018

@CindyIsNotOkay - telling someone for the first time can absolutely be a scary thing, but it also has the potential to be a really powerful step forward in letting love in and letting someone take a little of that pain on for you. Do you think there might be any steps that could help you feel more comfortable sharing with her or feel a little more sure that she's not going to hate you for it (to be clear - I don't think she will - no one should hate you for being hurt, but I know that it can feel scary and if there are ways to lessen that fear, it's a good thing). Is there a small part you could bring up first to see how she reacts? Or a topic you could talk about not related to you but to get a sense for her reactions?

I'm really proud of you for wanting to open up and think it's really brave.