Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Eviction Notice

TransparentPuzzle July 9th, 2020

There are some days where nothing is wrong, but there's something there that you can't put your finger on...

Nothing caused it, it's not doing any harm, at least, we don't think it is... but it's sitting in the dark, alone

You continue on with your day as normal, but it whimpers and catches your attention... you look up and it's acting as if nothing happened. You slowly turn your attention back towards your work, but now it's doing what it does best... it's waiting.

It knows it planted itself in your mind, and it slowly waters the negative thoughts and they begin to grow...

The roots are trying to take hold deeper and deeper, while 'it' just watches... patiently.

You realize what 'it' is trying to do, and you pull it to the side.

"Anxiety, I thought we talked about this."

We didn't do anything... you rambled on about how you've had enough of my bul-

You interrupt it

"I've had enough of you taking advantage of me Go back to where you belong "

Trying? I'd say I succeeded. Look at you, you're talking to your own anxiety like it's a living, breathing thing. All I had to do was take advantage of your compassion for innocent lives, make a noise that resembled a living creature in pain and here we are, exactly where I predicted.

"Your prediction must not have gotten very far, Mr. Anxiety. You really must not have paid attention to what I said."

Like what you said could ever be important.

"Oh, but it is. I'm the landlord of me, and you've been evicted."

TransparentPuzzle OP July 10th, 2020

I was so tired when I wrote this I thought I accidentally deleted it. Nope, just wrote it in the wrong section πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

CaringBrit July 24th, 2020

@TransparentPuzzle which section was this meant to be posted in i can move it being the Forum Mentor

TransparentPuzzle OP July 24th, 2020

@CaringBrit journaling stories. Definitely appreciate it

CaringBrit July 25th, 2020

@TransparentPuzzle ok moved it for you