Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trauma Support Community Check-In for October 2024 - I'm Just Me Because Month

audienta October 9th

Hello everyone,

welcome to this month's check-in! This month is I'm Just Me Because Month!

image_1728490287.png

(source)

During this month we want to celebrate the diversity of humankind. The I'm Just Me Because Movement wants us to see the small and big differences between us and embrace them. It invites us to express our strengths, achievements and talents and asks us to share acceptance and respect for each other.

Trauma Support Community Check-In for October 2024

1) What is one of your strengths that you're proud of?

2) Share something that you struggle with and that you're working on.

3) Who is someone you really appreciate and what are they talented in?

If you have a question you'd like me to ask at the next check-in, please let me know!

Take care,

audienta

Sources:

https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/pop-culture-lifestyle/im-just-me-because-month-october

https://www.imjustmemovement.org/contest

You can get added to or removed from the trauma support taglist here.

@0Some0where0I0BELONG0 @13irth @adaptableLake3534 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousAcres9344 @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @AguaNector6700 @allYou @Amelia2324 @amiableBunny4016 @AshFox2007 @AstronomySkies @audienta @Avaray @BeautifulCreation999 @BeenAKiwi @bela12345 @BillyJoeBobb @blueScarf9326 @bouncyBreeze44 @BraveAdventurer @BrokenDreamsPalace @BrokenMedic @bubblegumPuppy68 @bumblebee2307 @Bunnylovesyou @CalmRosebud @CaptainTrev @carefulKitten1131 @CaringBrit @charmingSky5972 @Chrissy911666 @Claireolomi @clare7199 @Colorfulcatsofhope @communicativePond1728 @communicativeYard2325 @conicha @CoolBeans29 @coolvibes @Crakyz @creativeStrings1531 @crimsonLime6525 @crxxtvfl0w @cueball @cyanPlatypus6370 @DaniAleah156 @Dannc7c @DarkGalaxy55555 @daydreammemories @Deadtiredperson175 @delicatepunk @depressedsatellite1452 @diligentDime8651 @DinaElwy @domesticEmerald50s @Eitas @emotional232023 @emotionalTalker2260 @emylly @FallenAngel0128 @Feathersfall @FigureskatingEquestrian @Fireskye13 @Fleggles @fluien @forcefulFriend4768 @Gagaintheroom @gentleLand5245 @Ghxstie @goldenSpruce1512 @Grandmaof10 @Greenchoice1 @gregariousBeing5071 @Grits1910 @helpfulLion92 @hillsideblues @honestpanda81 @HonestWarrior6624 @HopeNChayil @HumanPersonThingy @Iamwhoiamwhoami @IceCream4IceCream @iloveyouxx @IndigoWhisper @InfinityandBeyond23 @inventiveOrange1313 @Itisbailey @jcqlinshots @Journey144 @jovialButterfly6752 @jr50 @Judy7 @jupitermatilde @JustSmilingThruHell @Kekesea11 @Kickiree @Kimmkimm @kindTurtle3738 @kittydragon771 @Kunoichi91Warrior @LightofWorld @LillithHolly @Lilly28 @lilmissjaded @lionsaether @littleHuman9247 @littleOtter1342 @LordFireStorm71 @lovehummingbirdsCindy @LovelyForever6990 @LovelyOrangeJuice @LoveMyMoonflowers @lowkeyem1001 @Lubo123 @Luchelle @lyricalAngel70 @Marigold357 @maya6548 @mcooper7583 @Meenagirl @Mellietronx @mish3l @MistyMagic @mkaitx @Mooglethefluffy @MunchieTaters @MVObserver @mytwistedsoul @navyMango2804 @neatBlueberry3608 @neonDog3649 @neonOwl3442 @NevaehRose @Nolanhm @NoneTheWiser @nonethewiser @notmyselftoday @Novelwriter @npos25 @oceancruiser48 @Oceanwaves16 @OffDutySeraph @OneErased @OneWithSugar @ottersngiggles @parkey @Parvlakin @PatienceImpatiens @pencilmarks @Petrichor2000 @Philowl @Pidgeymon @PinkestOctopus @politeBunny7572 @practicalIdeal2007 @purpleWheel873 @QuietLotus @rainbow3140 @Randomperson453 @RansviewTheWizard @raspberry563 @ReallyRuth @Rebekahwriter13 @Redhawk6547 @Redirecting @redmark @reliablePeach8464 @Rosa9570 @SafeSpace1776 @SapphireSoul @SarahAlaina15 @scarletPear1945 @selfdisciplinedTiger5523 @sensitiveShade5337 @ShapeshiftSystem @shellofashell @shiningDay80 @Silverviolets @sincereThinker3571 @sleepingd0gg0 @SmileSravani @SnippyHam @sofiamartino18 @SoftForestHSP77 @SoulSupporter102 @StarlightSystemDID @stickercollection @Storyhymns1234 @straightforwardSkies7721 @sugarcookies7 @Summer899 @SynSavory @Taylorz27 @tealOak8933 @teenytinyturtle @The0Vetoed0System @TheAutumnWitch @TheFisherKing @ThisIsLogan @ThreadbareThinker @Tinywhisper11 @TransparentPuzzle @turquoiseHemlock900 @Turtlegrrrl8 @u1146 @underapinetree @Understandingempath @UndomesticGoddess @unique73 @uniqueDaisy @veeceebee @Verysadperson101 @Vivikun9 @WarriorHeartsSystem @weepingwillow5489 @WelcomeToChat @wontwakewontsleep @WorkingitThrough2 @Worrior22Warrior @Writersworld @WriteToHeal42 @xandia @xmoonsie16x0

1) What is one of your strengths that you're proud of?

I pride myself in being mentally strong and not easily influenced. 

2) Share something that you struggle with and that you're working on.

Right now I struggle with eating healthy. It is something I thought would be easy since I stopped drinking soda, but I have already failed so soon. Lol, today I ate breakfast at McDonald's (was trying to stop eating fast food) but I ate 2 chicken biscuits. Actually, I ate just the chicken because the biscuits were too doughy for me. So, I'm definitely struggling with that. *sighs*

3) Who is someone you really appreciate and what are they talented in?

I really appreciate my stepmom. She is a wonderful and beautiful woman and I admire her strength. She is a great mother and person, overall. She is talented in many things; but the one thing is her ability to love others and build others up. <3 

3 replies
Tinywhisper11 October 10th

@YourCaringConfidant your stepmom reminds me of you ❤❤ healthy eating is hard, but you can do it ❤❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤I love you ❤

1 reply
YourCaringConfidant October 10th

@Tinywhisper11 You're the sweetest and I love you more! Awww. ♡ 

friends-love.gif

load more
audienta OP Friday

@YourCaringConfidant

Being mentally strong is a great quality. I'm proud of you for trying to eat healthily. Not following through with it every time doesn't mean you've failed overall. Every time you eat healthily it's a success. And your step-mom sounds like a great person!

load more

@audienta my strength is I never give up ❤ not ever. What I'm struggling with at the moment is being paralysed in my left upper body 🙁 I'm used to bring paralysed from the waist down, but this is really frustrating me! Good news I will get the feeling in my upper left body back, with physiotherapy 🙂❤ so what I'm working on is recovering from surgery and physio😁❤ going good so far ☺️

I'm grateful for GlenM for creating this amazing place, a sancuary for all ❤ this place has become my home😁

8 replies

@Tinywhisper11 I'm grateful for God creating you. You're such a marvelous person. You are so strong and I love you recognize that as your strength. ♡ Happy to hear the therapy is going good so far. Great news! 🙃

1 reply
load more

@Tinywhisper11. We are all rooting for you here!

ghost-hug.gif

1 reply
load more
audienta OP Friday

@Tinywhisper11

Wow, never giving up is such an amazing strength. It shows how strong you are! I'm sorry to hear that you got paralysed in your upper body as well. I hope that you have success in your physiotherapy soon! And I'm really grateful for this place as well.

1 reply
Tinywhisper11 Saturday

@audienta ❤😁❤

load more

@Tinywhisper11

Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you are improving...I hope you can improve and have the use of your upper body as soon as possible

1 reply
load more
load more
LovelyForever6990 October 10th

@audientav one of my strengths that I am proud of is my resilience I've gone through a lot of hardships and there has been moments where I felt I could not get back up but it wasn't long before I got that second wind and felt the need to show the world and myself and everybody else just what I was made out of. And even through the hardest times I have prevailed. Still working on my dysregulated emotions and I am very thankful and proud of my daughter who also struggles with mental health but is a bright shining star and has the same qualities idea we compliment each other well and help each other through our hard times

3 replies

@LovelyForever6990 ❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤ you are very strong ❤ I'm so glad you have your daughter with you ❤

@LovelyForever6990 Your daughter is a bright shining 🌟 because she has you! I'm proud of you both for being so strong and resilient! ☆

audienta OP Friday

@LovelyForever6990

Resilience is such an amazing and important quality. I wish you all the best for working through your emotions and am glad that your daughter and you can support each other well.

load more