Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Whats your experience

MoonlitSunflower August 7th, 2021

I have a therapist but I kind of want to see what therapy would be like n 7 cups. I see the texts option, Ive texted before therapist before mid-crisis & never heard back. Waited till our next session to address it. How fast do they reply? How long are the sessions? Whats your experience?

RarelyCharlie August 7th, 2021

@MoonlitSunflower I haven't tried 7 Cups' therapy myself, but I know that there are no sessions. You can message your therapist as much as you like, and they will respond to your messages at least once on every weekday. This means that you might sometimes have to wait over a weekend for a reply.

The therapists I know in real life mostly make it very clear that therapy is not crisis support. In a crisis, a crisis helpline is more appropriate. A few therapists do provide crisis support in addition to therapy, and they make this clear at the start of therapy.

Charlie

soulsings August 7th, 2021

Hi @MoonlitSunflower

Here is a description of 7cups Online Therapy by Lisa, a counselor and the clinical director of the 7cups online therapy program:

"the 7 Cups Online Therapy Sub-Community is a warm, encouraging, and safe space to be where you are free from judgment and we encourage you to share! We want to be able to encourage therapist involvement, answer questions to provide emotional support and develop healthy coping skills and learn more about mental health and 7 Cups Online Therapy. The vision is that this is going to be a safe and open space for all. We want it to be a kind and welcoming space where members, listeners and therapists can get involved. We have no expectations of members, listeners and therapists but to follow the 7 Cups Community Guidelines and to support one another. Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile."

There is additional information about therapy at 7cups here:
https://www.7cups.com/forum/7CupsOnlineTherapy_157/FAQfrequentlyaskedquestionsabout7cupsOnlineTherapy_2181/Whatdoestherapistactuallydo_243630/

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS August 13th, 2021

@MoonlitSunflower

Welcome! Soulsings has provided some wonderful ideas here to help you to understand how 7 Cups online therapy works and please let us know if you have any more questions :)

Therapists respond 1-2 times daily on 7 Cups with thoughtful and detailed responses to whatever is on your mind. We have had many people who use 7 Cups online therapy feel much better.

If you are ever in a crisis, it is important that you reach out to crisis resources here: https://www.7cups.com/crisis.php

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
TheDude0156 August 15th, 2021

Cost is the biggest factor for me. If my insurance don't cover it I can't afford it. I had to stop going to the Dr that set me up on my bipolar and antidepressants because they stopped taking my insurance. My medical Dr is trying to find me a new one that takes my insurance. It would be nice to find a good one but I have stopped looking

soulsings August 15th, 2021

@TheDude0156 some people respond well to talk therapy. Some people respond better to med therapy and other treatments. A friend talks to a psychiatrist and gets the best option for them.

No one can pass judgement on the abilities of therapists. A therapist that one person does not click with may be a life saver to another person. I have worked with therapists here at 7cups and they have shown a deep sense of caring and compassion and a high level of professionalism.

Rather than judge what does not work for me I try to find things that do work for me like exercising, avoiding intoxicants, eating a healthy low carb diet, and mindfulness. Every person is unique and needs to find what works for them.