Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sober 15 months, battling grief with wanting to relapse

SummerKay2024 July 8th

I haven't drinked 15 months but today I want to revert and add my high to it. Two years ago my dear friend died in a dui car accident and since the road to healing has been a battle of its own. I quit everything and started healing without meds or my numbing kit. Ptsd and anxiety without meds and adding all these factors to them makes life that much fun.  But I just think that rock bottom only made things worse for me. Because forgiving myself for my grief is a whole different battle....

Tinywhisper11 July 8th

@SummerKay2024 hey sweetie ❤ how are you feeling now? Your going through so much, be kind to yourself and take your time. Your doing absolutely amazing especially without meds. I don't think I'd survive without meds. With your strength and God on your side, you can beat this drinking demon ❤ when you feel your struggling, never be afraid to reach out to someone for support. Gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

SummerKay2024 OP July 8th

@Tinywhisper11

Tiny thank you for always being so kind and the supportive comments ur a total angel. 

Today I feel the same but will rest and do lots of gratitude. I will not revert I didn't drink or do anything. 

My mind battles with grief makes me wanna get that instant numbing kit but I got my 7cups tools instead. 

Tinywhisper11 July 9th

@SummerKay2024 your doing amazing ❤ I'm very proud of his your handling all this,and trying so hard ❤ you can do this, I'm here rooting for you ❤❤

Vintagge July 9th

Hey we spoke on the circle I think your very brave and have an awesome way of approaching life and working on it, you inspired me to share about my experience and keep working on my path and my struggles. I’m positive you will find peace with ease and strength.

Best regards and wishes for your battle.

SummerKay2024 OP July 9th

@Vintagge

💛💛 thanks for the kind comment. Sending you strength in yr healing ✨️

hopefuloutlook July 25th
@SummerKay2024 my best friend died in front of my eyes many years back. I dealt with it alone. It's never easy for sure. I realised I'm alive and i should make the most of it. Have a healthy life. I know it's surely not easy for you. But you have been brave and battled it till now. Keep going. You have nothing to forgive yourself for! You can feel however you like. We all react differently to such situations. You are human and it's all good. Please do be kind to yourself. Much love to you ♥️
Rainyclouds421 July 25th

@SummerKay2024

keep your head up! We’re proud of you

SummerKay2024 OP August 4th

@Rainyclouds421

💛💛

🐡✨️✨️✨️✨️

Kristynsmama July 25th

@SummerKay2024

i lost one of my closest friends to Covid a couple of years ago.  It’s so very hard to lose a dear friend.  The thing that has helped me the most is remembering the good times I had and the good memories I had of my friend.  It does get easier with time.  Please feel free to hop over to the grief and loss community for additional support from people who understand.

Kristy

SummerKay2024 OP July 25th

@Kristynsmama

Thanks 

I had nine losses...healing is just blah for me. I did join that community when I first joined 7cups. 

Kristynsmama July 25th

@SummerKay2024

thats a lot of losses.