Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introduction & Community Check in

SummerKay2024 September 11th

Hello Everyone 😃

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is SummerKay(puffer) 🐡✨️ and ive been sober from alcohol and drugs 17 months. I will be here as a forum support leader so would love to hear from you guys.

What is something you do to refrain your mindset when you get addiction cravings ? 

For me this past week I've been struggling with the idea of relapse ... so I tried sushi and indulged in caramel latte. Listened to music and did some journaling/coloring and mindfulness.  Did not relapsed kept crawling out

🐡✨️✨️✨️

I have been sober several years, I have had a lot of thoughts of not being sober for several months. I can’t credit anything except due to my physical issues and the medications they have me on It would be a decision that would probably mean the end of me.

I struggle with many lifetime issues including severe depression, multiple anxieties, and a recent addition, debilitating back and leg pain.

The longer this goes on , (I have been off work and bedridden for nearly two months), the longer this goes on the closer I get to the relapse that I probably won’t recover from.

I am trying to find that something that you are asking about so I don’t fall back into that which will not end well.

SummerKay2024 OP 2 days ago

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

So glad you're here so brave of you to search for that something. So proud of you for fighting for that healing. Tools(mindfulness) to keep my mind busy helped me tremendously and radical acceptance. Don't give up you got this. 

Rooting for you're healing and peace. 

Kay 🐡✨️✨️✨️

wonderfulKermit1936 2 days ago

@SummerKay2024

I go for a walk,run or hiking. 

🐸Kermit 

SummerKay2024 OP 2 days ago

@wonderfulKermit1936

Thats amazing ✨️✨️I love all those things as well.

🐡✨️✨️✨️

oliveStrings4899 2 hours ago

@SummerKay2024

Congratulations on making such strides it's truly inspiring! 

I find myself diving into a game. I like building and often try different building games. If I'm bored of gaming watching a series until I sleep is my next go to, sometimes even watching people build things on you tube can be relaxing and help me sleep. Still trying to be more active, even just a small walk - I find it  was easier 'forced' in rehab - I keep reminding myself to try though. 

SummerKay2024 OP 2 hours ago

@oliveStrings4899

So proud of you olive 🫒✨️ rooting for ur healing and sobriety ✨️✨️

Walks,  new, foods ,journaling mindfulness , even just talking has helped me along the way.

So glad to see you here 

Kay 🐡✨️✨️✨️