Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

alcohol is the only thing that helps me right now

eternallyworthless October 4th, 2023

I'm in so much emotional pain i don't know how to help myself anymore. I'm taking antidepressants and i'm trying to find a therapist i can talk to but it's getting so hard for me to not just drink every day so i can at least ease the pain a little bit.
The stress i have to endure is just too much for me right now...

I don't want to repeat myself over and over so i won't go into detail... but is there anything i can do?

SolarGenerator October 5th, 2023

I know some of emotional pain. Feeling and sharing is healing. Do you want to talk about it sometime?

affableIdea5447 October 7th, 2023

Yup,.me too

annadaisy50749 October 7th, 2023

i think you should seek professional help. the earliest the best. cuz whatever ur are going through is serious and deserves appropriate guidance.😟

hope you will find yourself what is best for you.

i dont know you that much but i will be here as a friend if you need help or just want a bit support

eternallyworthless OP October 8th, 2023

@annadaisy50749

your profile description is a bit similar to mine. ^^
i'm doing a bit better now. Going to have an appointment with a therapist soon hoping it will help.

YSC1 October 20th, 2023

Talking about one's problems does wonders.

annadaisy50749 December 12th, 2023

@eternallyworthless

gud to hear u r doing well🙂

eternallyworthless OP December 12th, 2023

@annadaisy50749

thank you! :)

yes i really am doing much better. i think the worst is behind me now

TomCatFL October 9th, 2023

Hey! I love the pfp!!! Let's all love Lain 😊.

I agree with the other replies here. Sharing can help. There's just something about it that takes the pressure off. I think of it as a kind of equilibration. Support systems are important even if it's just the kind words of strangers. Let me know if you want to talk!

unassumingCar1350 October 24th, 2023

Once I get it off my chest i can breathe a little better

VintageDougers October 20th, 2023

I can commiserate because I took feel like I drink too much. Typically have 4 beers every evening after work (sometimes before work ends as I work from home). On the weekends it's usually 6+ per day. That's 32 drinks a week which is definitely too much. It's so hard though because I genuinely enjoy trying new beers, new breweries, etc. But I know ultimately it's not good for me.

Truly hoping you find the help you're seeking. I've only been on 7cups a few days but already feel like this community is really helping me, and I hope it helps you too. Let me know if you ever want to chat and commiserate or just chat.

unassumingCar1350 October 24th, 2023

I've been there, I just go one day at a time with no alcohol! I'm going on 1 year and a half, you can do this by finding something healthy like a coda meeting if you want more information let me know. It's on zoom everyday at noon my time

Nourydorey December 13th, 2023

@eternallyworthless playing on my PlayStation helps with my severe mental health, there are so many games for different kinds of people, you can't go wrong!! Drink plenty of water, if you don't like water because of repeated hangovers, try sparkly water. 😃

gentleTree2825 December 22nd, 2023

There is and online service called Monument at joinmonument.com. It offers counseling and medication. It helped me kick the everyday wine habit.