Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Safety Reporting Process (L-L, M-M/L and Verified Listener Behavior Report)

Heather225 April 10th, 2023

If you're having trouble viewing this post, please click into this eye-friendly document.

Hello, everyone! I have exciting news on the safety front!

We will be closing our main safety report forms and directing all reports to go through the Help Desk

What does this mean?
Easier streamlined process.
No more forms and additional complicated steps to submit screenshots.

We have closed the following forms:
L-L
M-M/L
Verified Listener Behavior Report

We no longer use the above forms for submissions. If you click on them, you will instead see a list of instructions for how to submit your report through our Help Desk. Please follow these instructions:

Help Desk - > select Report a Listener
OR
Help Desk - > select Report a member (non-listener)

In the Description box, please fill answer these questions:

1. Your 7 Cups username:
2. The name of the listener you’re reporting:
3. The date of the incident:
4. Where did you encounter this user?
5. Reason for your report:
6. Attach any screenshots that apply to the situation you are reporting

If you're for whatever reason unable to access the Help Desk, please email your report to community@7cups.com

Note: All behavior reports go to the Help Desk including group support rooms, forums, 1-1 chats etc. If you are unsure how to file a report, contact anyone on the Community Team.

All reports generally receive a response within 72 hours. We’ll be working on updating areas of the site to reflect this new protocol. The forms will remain active as links until this process is completely integrated and normalized.

We hope this helps with feeling more secure in your reporting and makes the process much simpler. Let us know if you have questions.

beck1 April 10th, 2023

@Heather225 Thank you for the update!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 10th, 2023

@Heather225

Less form filling! Yay!

Thankyou for the update, H!

This post could use an update with the information also: https://www.7cups.com/forum/SiteUpdatesInformationFortheCommunity_100/HsHangout_1970/FilingBehavioralReportFormsAlltheinformationyoumightneed_242537/1/ (flagging here for convenience)

Heather225 OP April 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you so much, Sun! If you see others, please drop them over to me. You're a huge help. ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 11th, 2023

@Heather225 Aww happy to help, and will certainly do!❤

robs824 April 10th, 2023

@Heather225

Thanks for the update :)

MagnificentSunrise April 10th, 2023

@Heather225, making reporting easier and better is very important! Thank you for your work! ❤️

7cups.com/Documents/SafetyFactsheet/ should maybe link to help.7cups.com and offer basic information on how to report using this new system.

Lou73 April 10th, 2023

Thank you so much for making this happen @Heather225, it's great to see reporting becoming easier and smoother!

SirenOfSerenity April 10th, 2023

Very nice update, thank you for hearing the community

amiablePeace77 April 10th, 2023

@Heather225

Thanks for the information!

TabbyCat97 April 11th, 2023

@Heather225

thaank yoou H <3

cloudySummer April 11th, 2023

Yay! :D

cloudySummer April 11th, 2023

Great to see my suggestion has been picked up!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 12th, 2023

@cloudySummer Woohoo! Thanks for passing it along! <3

slowdecline48 April 11th, 2023

It's good that you're simplifying the reporting process but I gotta be honest here... I feel for whoever is running the Help Desk. That person will have a lot more to do now!

AffyAvo April 12th, 2023

@Heather225 I like the simplified one place instead of form and email.

A suggestion though, can we get the link for the Help desk on the home (aka /dashboard) and community (aka /community) pages in an obvious place? I know it's under quick links, but I don't think that's so obvious to many.

@AffyAvo

Ooh yes it isn't obvious, the "quick links" aren't available on the mobile browser either. (I can't see them on my dashboard atleast 👀)

So when using the phone, I've always accessed "help desk" by clicking on my profile picture on the dash/ screen and following the "support and feedback" option from the drop down.

So yes, here comes Affy again with super awesome suggestions hah! Thankyou! Having it in a more visible/ accessible/ easy to locate place is definitely helpful! ❤

AffyAvo April 12th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I actually forger all the time it's available on the profile drop down options!

@AffyAvo

Yes it's there always hehe (and I think it's also easy to access for people who know this thing exists and here xD), but again, as you said, not many people are aware about it as well. 😅

kindSoul10 April 12th, 2023

@Heather225 yay!

CalmRosebud April 12th, 2023

@Heather225 Thanks for taking the concerns about how unwieldy the previous reporting mechanism was, and streamlining it for easier use. I think this may contribute towards fostering a safer environment. Your team's efforts are appreciated.

Jewels012222 April 12th, 2023

@Heather225

Thank you. This makes a lot more sense.

Jewels

CelestialiNferno April 13th, 2023

Thank you 🙌

SweetheartPhillycutie April 14th, 2023

Thank you for the update

Heartsandrosesandpaws April 17th, 2023

@Heather225

quick question will this update also gets rid of link to discontinued listener review form that is stil rules section In the l rooms?

ASilentObserver April 17th, 2023

@Waterfallsofnature36 Yes Water

AffyAvo May 8th, 2023

Places this info needs to be updated (I assume more will come up)

- Welcome pack member & listener

Heartsandrosesandpaws June 6th, 2023

@Heather225 @ASilentObserver

can I have something clarified

for photos attached. How many photos can u attracted to report?

thanks

ASilentObserver June 13th, 2023

@Waterfallsofnature36 It is at max 10 files.

trueconfidant123 June 12th, 2023

@Heather225
Thank you for this post.

WorkingitThrough2 September 1st, 2023

@Heather225

Thanks for the update❤️