Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bon voyage, feed! The feed is retiring today

Jill7Cups November 4th, 2019

A few months ago we announced we would no longer be spending time on the feed and the bugs associated. The day has come where we retire the feed for good and remove it from the platform. We know some love the feature and will be sad to see it go and we get that. Thank you for being understanding and realizing that sometimes we have to make tough decisions for the greater good of the site.

tealBear2472 November 6th, 2019

I didn't join 7cups till August or July, so I'm saddened that my feed vanished. I wished I could've saved some of the posts and pictures that helped me in seeing my progress. I hope there will be a save button for a future tracker. xoxo <3 sad but making room for new memories and spaces.

cyanPlatypus6370 November 6th, 2019

@Jill7Cups - "For the greater good" of @7cupsCommunity as a whole? What will be available to "replace" it? Couldn't we have had at least a bit of warning?surprise There was information on my personal feed that I sure would like to be able to save frown This is not cool, Jill. Very not cool. crying ~ Sad Platy

Note: I hope that I do not ever have glitches and create problems so that the admin and up-top Listeners and others decide I am no longer worth fixing and later that I should just go away :( Yeah, that may seem extreme, but like I said I did not have any notice or chance to save what I wanted saved. There are some kind comments, some wise quotes, some pictures-that-say-it-just-right that I guess are just gone now crying crying

ScaredAdventurer November 6th, 2019

@cyanPlatypus6370 I know how it feels to have the symbols of your progress suddenly gone. But even though this feed will be gone, something else will come along to show you youre doing fine because even if we do not feel worthy, we still are, despite what our brain thinks as the truth.

stressBear November 8th, 2019

@ScaredAdventurer This is pretty much the same as saying "just get over it" to somebody who's grieving, or "just snap out of it" to somebody who's depressed. Anyone who has had anything to do with psychological support should know that those are things that you just don't say because they make matters worse, not better.

7CupsCommunity November 7th, 2019

@cyanPlatypus6370

We are still working on the replacement. You have our sincere condolences for any sadness or distress this has caused.

calmsoulmeet November 6th, 2019

Honestly speaking I am extremely dejected and crestfallen to know that the feed section is no longer available . In the 4 years of my 7cups journey , feed posts were of such help . I got to know so many people and made so many friends by reading and learning from feed posts. Now that feed section is removed I don't think 7cups will be the same place again for me. :(.

Daisy7cups November 6th, 2019

@calmsoulmeet

I can understand and relate to you as well. I always loved reading ur feeds and ur poems that you posted there. But don't worry 😃.

May be you can start a forum thread and use it as a feed of yours, I will love to view your forum thread and will love to post there as well along with other users of 7cups. Have a good day, I know feeds will be missed as I love it loads, but we will surely be able to cope with it, hugs.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 November 6th, 2019

Okay so when we come to the forums and we are asked to check in or do some fun things then go too your feed and tag this person or that person how will this work? Tazzie always has us do these things and they are so fun.. heart

The second thing is losing the Followers , this was so helpful in finding people we need to message but now that is gone.. sad.

I do understand that things change and the site has issues and that things cost money etc.... but it is just gonna make things a little harder on some of us.

I however am Thankful this site exist and I will accept the changes and make it through ! smiley

jennysunrise8 November 6th, 2019

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

i dont know why the follow/following buttons would have to go also instead of representing people who are following your feed it could mean people who are following your profile and right its just a convenient way to find people quickly and go right to their page in an instant i hope they bring both back

Tyedyedbutterfly65 November 6th, 2019

@jennysunrise8 I hope they do also but this is Glenns site and his rules..also his money.. we are here and we can only do what we can..

kridiba123 November 6th, 2019

why? why? why? why feed is retiring? 😭😭😭

November 6th, 2019

Hmm first the group support rooms and now feed and following/followers.. o_O what next?

Dawn04 November 6th, 2019

@ColorsAndPromises Anything good about the site. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if chats were the next to go - the site seems to want to stress the forums that most people don't like.

mytwistedsoul November 6th, 2019

@ColorsAndPromises Our souls and maybe first borns

@NoneTheWiser Since the stalker that has hit a decent chunk of people, there are people who talk to me about being afraid to be in the forums.....and I don't blame them as I share the same fear.

lilmango November 6th, 2019

And now I

amethystfeather0207 November 6th, 2019

@lilmango

me too.. its a bit sad to

see it..

MountainBubble November 6th, 2019

Thanks for that in-depth explanation of why this is being done. Really helps us understand it 😐

Real talk though; 7cups really needs to communicate with its members if it doesn't want to isolate them. Maybe there is a reason for this but I'm honestly bewikdered and upset. Feels like they're choosing features at random to remove.

November 6th, 2019

@Jill7Cups

I remember how feed let me understand some of my known people on 7 cups. I will definitely miss 7 cups it was one of my favorite place when I feel like not getting heard. I think 7 cups really need these features. I have a question, can 7 cups look for some other alternative for feeds, like something where we could write out stuff . Ik we still have personal notes thing but something more similar to feed one.

Thank you

November 6th, 2019

@Namangoel2002

Also I use my feed to remember some of my friends how will I do it now :(

cyanPlatypus6370 November 6th, 2019

@Namangoel2002 - Yes, Naman, I hear you. We have weird, strange, and long (read: hard to remember!) usernames here at 7cups (did I mention long?) Have a good night, Naman! ~ Platy

Spicywingdings November 6th, 2019

I might be ignorant posting this, but why is the feed being removed? Can someone fill me in pls lmao

RarelyCharlie November 6th, 2019

@Spicywingdings Cost, essentially. If you read this thread from page 1 and the other thread back in May you can find more details.

Charlie

@Spicywingdings The claim is cost, though personally I know from experience this is a ridiculous reason.

Moon November 7th, 2019

make sure you're all taking care of yourselves during this feedless period. we'll get through this together <3

tluper6491 November 7th, 2019

@Moon

I've completely lost contact with literally the only reason I have to live. I'm not getting through this.

Moon November 7th, 2019

@tluper6491 my dm is open if you do need anybody to assist you <3

7CupsCommunity November 7th, 2019

Hi everyone, I've been trying to keep up with the tags, but if there are multiple tags in one thread I only get one notification. Please feel free to retag me if I have missed you.

HopieRemi November 7th, 2019

How sad indeed!!

iGhosted November 13th, 2019

@Jill7Cups

It's a shame about the feed posts, I really enjoyed it. But did we have to take away the following to? I regulary get rid of my conversations at the end of the week, it's a OCD thing. Following others was a way I could reconnect with friends I had made it was a great way to keep in touch. Now I have lost a lot of people I had made friends with. I cannot remember username after username off the top of my head.

Jill7Cups OP November 14th, 2019

@iGhosted it is a bummer, I agree. I am hopeful we can have a better version of the feed and followers soon.

mytwistedsoul November 15th, 2019

I'm sorry - I hate to bring this up but I keep catching myself - going to check feeds.

When you talk to a new person here - I always checked the feeds - it gave you a read on someone.

Just saying - ya know? I know it doesn't really matter any more

aiko123 November 15th, 2019

@mytwistedsoul

I agree. It was nice to be able to see one another's personalities.

aiko123 November 15th, 2019

I am really sad to see the feed go. It gave insight on several things. It gave me something to do, beside wait for my next moment of abuse. Anyway, I am quite sorry to see it go

mytwistedsoul November 15th, 2019

@aiko123 Hey Aiko - How are you?

aiko123 November 16th, 2019

@mytwistedsoul

A little bit better than usual. I just got of from school, which is nice. Unfortunatly, that means I have to deal with my family. It is quite nice to hear from you!! How are you?

humorousDay8793 November 18th, 2019

Hi Glen,

Im so glad you found the time to come back and start the process of listening to all the constructive thoughts about the changes you see fit to make and have made thus far. I respect that you want to be addressed first with a compliment, then any thoughts you may be uncomfortable hearing, and end with a compliment, in a way to keep the process respectful constructive, and productive.

I'd like to begin by saying your idea to create a website where we can all come to free and freely short and long term was a brilliant idea, and it has many positive attributes.

I went on a search when i was on the brink of seld-demise and I found your site.

The first thing I began to notice is that 95% of the listeners have their off-line red light on so they can work at the pace they feel comfortable with and have no accountability or pressure. It's volunteer work so I understand, and I quickly learned to do the same thing on my listener account.

It took me quite a while to find a good listener but i can honestly say only one named Peter followed the rules to the letter.

Some rules need to be broken in order for a member to make a connection, but It's a balancing act, to say the least.

Some listenets are so poor that I left with my perception being that the whole world is dysfunctional.

The site is very good, but not good at all for a person who is depressed and feeling lost because find out how to use it takes time that some people may not have left. The rules are not clear so at times a mod may appear with a badly timed warning.

I would like to reccomend that you read the more than 500 posts on the thread called Room Announcement, because many people had many good ideas and at the time this was the place to post them at. They all should feel like they did not waste their time.

Forum, Site Updates, Glen's Nook - Community, Room Announcement

I reccomend that at the point of creating a new thread, if the catagory has any specific rules ( Create a pop-up window) for rules or trigger warnings; such as (Please do not post gifs in this catagory) or (No complicated gifs due to the potential of the potential triggering of or causing some diagnosis any harm).

The most from all of the complaints I've read was most of the recent changes came on the same day they were implimented.

Even today some people are returning to 7cups to find their feed and everything they held dear is gone forever.

Many people liked chatrooms but now cannot get in and still have no clue why because the announcments must be searched for.

I reccomend any and all announcement go directly to the chat of each member with the notification bell on so we can all not have to wonder. You can end each message by saying "Please do not respond to these informational announcements due to the entire community getting them all at the same time.

There are many good ideas you really should go read and consider that could ease the suffering that these sudden basically unannounced changes are still causing.

You have a great site and we all look forward to better communication in our future here with you.

Thank you, Reed

HumorousDay8793 (member)