Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

September 2024 Community Update!

GlenM September 3rd

Dear Community,

I hope you all are well! 

We’ve been doing a fair amount of work to help share our story lately. I wanted to give a BIG thank you to all who participated in our Got Hope? campaign that focused on people telling their story and how 7 Cups helped them. These were incredibly powerful to me and brought tears to my eyes. 

We have built a platform that is providing real help to people - light in what can feel like overwhelming darkness - and for that I am incredibly grateful to all of you and very proud of us! Each day, month, year, decade (!), we are all working together in better and better ways and becoming increasingly effective. What a gift!

If you haven’t seen them yet, please check out the videos here:

Long Version

Short Version

Keep up the great work team!!!

Best,
Glen

H
Since our launch in mid-July, the Welcome Committee has been at the forefront of 7 Cups, warmly greeting new members and helping them get oriented to our community.

So far, we've welcomed over 7800+ new members! To recognize their selfless work, we've created milestone badges tied to these numbers. Every month I will be shouting out to WC members who hit these milestones. For this first month, the Greeting Grasshopper badge for 100+ PMs goes out to:

@Jenna @heathermarie95 @kenzolena @KatePersephone @KindleMissie @comfortableNight4463 @halcyonCloud2036 @innateJoy9602 @SoulfulYash @fruityPond7887 @Kindwords2000

A few dedicated individuals have already reached 500+ members, earning the Greeting Guardian badge! @Jenna @heathermarie95 @comfortableNight4463

And some are crossing 1000+! Subscribe to Newbie Hub to see who they are in the next post!

We hope to double and triple those numbers and turn that 7800+ into 15,000+ next month! Wouldn’t that be amazing?? If you are a listener interested in helping us expand our newbie support system, consider applying for the team!

We continue to strive to capture the essence of 7 Cups in ways that embody the magic of what we do. Everyone has a voice, and every one of you has a little bit of that magic in you, and we want to hear from you! We’re collecting slogans and mantras and we will be showcasing your words across our socials, and of course right here in our community. Check out the thread and vote for your faves! We’ll keep you posted!

Laiba
It has been an exciting month. 7 Cups Academy was featured in a press release for the first time! You can read more about it here.  @SoulfullyAButterfly has worked really hard on it. This is a major milestone for our academy and I encourage you to share the article with your friends and family. Additionally, Academy graduates supported the academy awareness efforts and shared their experiences about academy programs online. I am very grateful for our enthusiastic alumni team and their readiness to support 7 Cups Academy. 

Additionally, our Conquering Your Goals series started and so far we have covered 6 topics in August, you can check them out! Setting the right goals, System Vs Goals, Mastery and Pleasure in Goal Setting, Goal Setting Techniques and Dealing with Setbacks. The series ends in September! You still have time to catch up and participate. 

Lastly, our teen-exclusive small-steps challenge came to an end. The teens collectively earned a total of 1489 stars. Congratulate them here 

Obs
It was a progressive month for Group support as we organized 2 weeks Grief awareness event and it went well. Quick shout out to @jaeteuk, @mytwistedsoul @SummerKay2024 @communicativePond1728 @powerfulOak2587 @radiantDreamer, and all participants for joining us and exploring the grief topic and sharing your personal experiences and insights to support and empower each other. 

In the Sharing Circle news, we released easy steps to join the Sharing Circle Team to lead Sharing Circle sessions and support and empower sharers. Also, a bunch of changes were made to group chats to foster an inclusive community. As well as Loneliness support chat was added as a rotational group chat to support everyone who experiencing loneliness.  

On the leadership front, two mentor leaders were onboarded. Please congratulate them here. Also, a big shout out to @Vivelespatates for driving the Community Calendar efforts to increase the visibility of the scheduled discussion. It brought some promising signs of progress though, we have a long way to go on this front. Learn more about it here! 

SoulfullyAButterfly
We released the “How Has 7 Cups Helped Us” video and celebrated stories of hope and resilience - this video was part of the Got Hope campaign which was also highlighted as a press release. 

In addition, we launched the Q&A Lantern Project to help add fresh answers to our Q&A section. Just as a lantern illuminates a path, our actions and words can help others navigate their own journeys and find their way forward. Join us on our weekly efforts to help support others looking for helpful resources! 

We look forward to continuing to bring great content and events to the community.

CheeryMango

We welcomed several forum leaders to our communities in the month of August. Join us here in congratulating them. 

We are currently looking for new additions to join our Communities Leadership Team as Project Agents. There are currently four focuses available for you to choose from: Events, Engagement, Community Building and Leadership. The application form and full details of what we are looking for can be found here

A friendly reminder for all forum supporters, community mentors and community mentor leaders are asked to fill out the Subcommunity Leadership Check-In Form for the month of June so we can keep updated on what’s going on in your team and roles and see how we can offer our assistance. 

Lastly, if you notice or experience any difficulties while using the forums, please help us to track and report any bugs in this thread. A gentle reminder when reporting bugs or issues, please give as much detail like time and location as to where it was experienced and include screenshots or any error codes so we can properly investigate it. Thank you for your continued support and here’s to what the new month brings

Evelyne
We’ve had a lot of success this month. 

On the Care Team front, the number of requests taken jumped up from 78 in July to 119 in August! We improved drastically with outreach. We reached out to 24 Listeners, with multiple applying and 2 that we actually onboarded. They completed 3 events to help increase awareness and reach more Listeners. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 3rd

@GlenM

"light in what can feel like overwhelming darkness"

Indeed. I'm certain alot of us see 7 cups exactly as this light.💛

Everyone involved in making what 7 cups is today, deserve to feel proud everyday, y'all have saved lives and rekindled hope through spreading compassion around.💛

Ooh and thank you for the lovely updates. Always such a feel-good experience to witness our community continuing to flourish.💛

A big congratulations and a bigger thanks to everyone contributing to this!💛

appreciate-well-done.gif

Happy September, everyone!💛

Antonio7Cups September 3rd

@GlenM 

Wow, what a great and hardworking admins we have! ❤️

AnnaSilverberg September 3rd

@GlenM

Amazing! 
There are so many wonderful and amazing things going on on Cups! 
This is such a magical community! 
And oh, that article is amazing 
😛
✨💙✨
✨ 

KatePersephone September 4th

Firstly, congratulations to the Welcome Committee and to all of us who are part of it for the accomplishments we've had!! We really have done so much in so little time already. <3

Congratulations to the press release feature of the 7Cups Academy!! This is such a big milestone for us. <3 And I've been loving the 'Conquering Your Goals' series so far :)

So happy to hear about the changes within the group chats! Support should be more accessible for everyone within the chatrooms. <3

So excited for the Q&A Lantern project!!

And of course, I'm delighted to hear that Listeners have been getting more and more support through the Care Team!

Proud of all of us!! <3
snoopy-party.gifsnoopy-party.gif

GlenM OP September 4th

@KatePersephone yes the WC is crushing it 🦾 Makes a BIG difference in helping people feel welcome and gives them energy to continue to take steps forward to heal and grow. Thank you WC!

SparkyGizmo September 4th

@GlenM

Hi everyone! 😊 ❤️

Many thanks for the updates. Thank you for all of the hard work whether it be in the back of the house or the front of the house! 

Happy September! 🥳 and....Weeeeeeeeeee-weeeeeee! 😊

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

radiantDreamer September 4th

@GlenM

Im so happy to be here ☺️

amiablePeace77 September 4th

@GlenM

Thank you so much for the updates and making sure the site is running well. Big thanks to the complete admin team!

The videos are awesome, it's just wonderful to hear people expressing their gratitude for 7cups! 

calmMango9611 September 4th

@GlenM Thank you for the update. I love our admin teams. They are the best of the best. They really are. I am so glad we have this group here at 7cups. All of the people on this team, work very hard. It shows. Also, the rest of our leaders here at 7cups, do a wonderful job as well. Leadership is not an easy thing. But, it is very helpful, when you have people who can support and help you, when needed. We have that here. We really do. I am blessed to be here and to be a part of the leadership team here.

purpleSea7109 September 5th

Hi we are fine and how are you?

Thanks all staff and team with help and support. I like 7 cups of tea. 

I am just a click away. 

Thanks all.

HopieRemi September 5th

@GlenM

Awesome, thank you for sharing

WeEarth September 6th

Aww, its always so great to see the community updates, especially this time with Got Hope!

Thank you @GlenM and each of you for making our community special 💗

together-for-a-better-tomorrow_1725641517.jpg