Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Taking Care of Each Other - Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done today/recently to prevent burnout in a fellow community user?

This can look like:

• Encouraging self-care

• Reminding someone of the importance of boundaries

• Covering for someone so they can take a self-care break

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 22nd, 2021

@Hope

I tried the path, Hope ! It was so amazing! Thankyou for creating it, the quiz was great as well ❤

I checked up on a few community users and shared your path with them also 😊❤

fairyava April 3rd, 2021

@Hope

Today I discussed boundaries with a member. Boundaries/expectations are super helpful to create healthy relationships! Thank you, I'm loving this path so far Hope.

Onyx000 August 17th

@fairyava so important to do this

SupportCat101 April 3rd, 2021

I have encouraged a listener friend to take a break when he was stressed from school work

gentleLight37 November 3rd, 2021

I don't think I'm involved enough with 7 cups to have people that I have encouraged to do things to prevent burnout, at least not now.

Covering for someone so they can take a self-care break -- I cooked when my roommate was sick.

Katkat11 November 9th, 2021

I always encourage people to take self care into consideration because many people do not!

love1717 November 9th, 2021

I encouraged a 7cup user to take personal self care breaks when they are feeling burnt out. I love this growth path by the way!

Katkat11 November 16th, 2021

Today I helped out a listener that was struggling. It’s important to remind your peers that if they are struggling they can reach out to you or others for help. We must help those who are struggling!

love1717 November 29th, 2021

Today I helped out a listener who felt uncomfortable with a chat they were having with a member. I gave the listener a few tips on what to do when situations like that happen.

rrretsuko January 15th, 2022

@Hope i encouraged self-care and reminded my friends that they are very important + taking care of themselves is as well ! <3

imaginativePear6493 January 15th, 2022

I asked my listener if there was any issues, let them know there was no pressure to cary on if they weren't comfortable and that I respected them for who they are and what they do. Trying to help people ias a listener s admirable

imaginativePear6493 January 15th, 2022

Thanks listeners

charmingZebra4754 January 23rd, 2022

I recommended 7cups with a counselor, yay!

unnie12 January 27th, 2022

@Hope I tried the growth path, I also talked with fellow members about the boundaries and see how thing going to work out.

rosebeinghappy18 February 1st, 2022

@Hope

Encouraging self-care.

discreetNickel1759 February 3rd, 2022

I will cover for anyone who may need it just let me know

colourfulVision12 April 4th, 2022

I encouraged self care today in a listener support chat @Hope

Mercutio7 August 15th, 2022

@Hope

Today, I reminded all of our listeners in the listener support room to take off time for themselves sometimes!

goodField5108 August 15th, 2022

@Hope

I'm not involved enough on 7cups yet, but today I had a talk with my friend about body image, and also encouraged them to take a look at 7cups for some helpful resources!

considerateMoon9060 August 15th, 2022

Why would I

TheAlchemist1111 September 18th, 2022

@Hope

Thankyou so much for posting this reminder. I would love that all the amazing listeners in the community take breaks for their self care.

resourcefulMirage2502 December 25th, 2022

Encouraging self-care. Also gave them words of appreciation and just encouragement in general. Reminded them of all the good they had done.

iPHOENIX February 16th, 2023

It's important to know we can't pour from an empty cup, and how important is to take self care breaks and say no when it is necessary. Thank you for the wonderful path.

It does have some good way to asses ourselves, what we are capable of and what we are not and when it becomes too much.

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 16th, 2023

Loved the path excellent work👏👏👏👏💕💕💕

Smrtbibliophile May 1st, 2023

A fellow listener was venting some frustrations to me so I encouraged them to take a break and then when she came back some tips for setting boundaries to help prevent her frustrations and advising her on when it was ok to block and report a user who wouldn't respect the boundaries she had in place.

I think boundaries are often overlooked because we genuinely want to help everyone, but some people aren't here for help, and even if they are it's OK to set boundaries with people who need supported.

jadenrjc7 May 4th, 2023

@Hope

I put on some music and danced!

rosebeinghappy18 May 14th, 2023

@Hope

• Reminding someone of the importance of boundaries

wishfulHero585 May 23rd, 2023

@Hope I've been trying really hard to take breaks and prioritize my mental health recently. I've sometimes felt like I'm being pulled in so many directions (school, internship, job) that I find myself sometimes having difficulty juggling it all. Taking breaks is so, so important, and I've come to learn that it helps me reset, calm down, and refresh my mind so that I can do my best on the rest of my tasks.

MaggieListens00 June 17th, 2023

@Hope

I placed a boundary I was nervous to initiate

Artalistens July 28th, 2023

That was really helpful, we’re notice something that we all experience and there’s things that we can do to combat it

Ayoe August 12th, 2023

@HopeI haven't engaged with enough listeners to recognize burnout in them, however, I encouraged breaks and self care to members who confided in me about it.

Lauracb October 19th, 2023

@Hope

I haven’t done this yet but today I will offer my support to anyone that express in the listener’s support room having difficulty with a member.

Grace3012 October 29th, 2023

@Hope

Encouraging self care & understanding our boundaries is important 

CaringSub November 29th, 2023

@Hope

I don't mind covering for someone who might be experiencing burnout ( work schedule & self-care dependenent) !

Lillom December 11th, 2023

I told myself and my friend who was feeling very stressed about med entrance exams that they might need to evaluate their psychological needs again due to their symptoms of irritation, fatigue and lack of motivation.

starryCandy6123 December 12th, 2023

@HopeI have discussed with a few members, regarding boundaries, such as the time, they expect you to give them and chat that is against the rules. such as sharing personal information and inapropriate  chat

starryCandy6123 December 17th, 2023

Hi hope

I have used the boundaries, with contact ,

details,

I tend to get them too slow down . And break it into sections

I also show them , why we have boundaries

NewYorker11 January 7th

@Hope

in a recent chat with a 7 Cups member, i encouraged the member to take breaks between studying to do things that they find relaxing and fun, to prevent burnout and stress-related issues.