Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Create and Share Your Own Growth Steps and Growth Paths! (7 Cups Growth Path Playlists)

GlenM September 4th, 2020

Hello Community!

Happy Friday! I hope you all are well. I

LynnBerry2701 September 16th, 2020

@GlenM

Looking forward to it!! 😊

understandingWest8097 December 31st, 2020

@LynnBerry2701

understandingWest8097 December 31st, 2020

@LynnBerry2701 me too

Heather225 September 4th, 2020

@GlenM

this has been a long time in coming, and i am very excited to see how it will enrich our community!

September 4th, 2020

@GlenM

Customization of growth path sounds like a great idea.

Let's hope the interface is easy to implement our customized growthpath.

GlenM OP September 4th, 2020

@DonaldDraper I appreciate that! Yes, that is the goal. We will work had to make it as user friendly as possible. It'll likely take us several iterations to get it there.

September 4th, 2020

@GlenM

It being easily customizable would facilitate to use it as To-Do list at times too.

@DonaldDraper that is a good idea; our goal is to make it as flexible as possible.

EllaLoves September 22nd, 2020

@GlenM sounds amazing !!

DayDreamWithYou September 4th, 2020

@GlenM

Aww, this is honestly such a great idea, and I'm looking foward to see it soon! It's really great that we could even customize our own growth paths and even upvote certain paths :) I am kind of curious though about where exactly the "path menu" would be? would it be under the current "My Path" that includes impact, trainings and certificates, mentors, etc? or would it be just under a completely different area (since there's also going to be a "browse available paths" and more pages)?

@DayDreamWithYou Thanks! It'll be under "My path" on both listener and member sides.

SimplyMeg September 4th, 2020

@GlenM

This sounds fantastic! I've been wishing there was a feature like this. I could see this being immensely helpful in longer term listener/member relationships. The listener could provide a customized growth path with resources and exercises based on the member's individual needs, and work on them together or follow up after completing them. I'm sure I'll have a lot of ideas about this, I'll have to organize my thoughts and post back later! :)

@SimplyMeg right on! Yes, exactly :) and other people can help too!

AriadneLove September 4th, 2020

@GlenM I think it will make a huge impact on self-care and self-development for everyone! Thank you for realising the idea!❤️

GlenM OP September 5th, 2020

@AriadneLove thank you! I think it'll help too :)

cloudySummer September 4th, 2020

How does this fit in with the paid paths? Will those continue to exist in parallel?

GlenM OP September 5th, 2020

@cloudySummer Good question! They will continue to operate in parallel.

TaranWanderer September 5th, 2020

@GlenM I like this idea except for maybe the commenting part. I can envision it being another area that would require a lot of effort/manpower to monitor and mod (whether comments are posted automatically and modded afterwards or if they go through an approval process before being post, both take effort). I'm not immediately seeing a benefit to being able to comment on a step, or I can imagine a lot of "this is great" or "thank you" type comments that don't really add anything. Forums seem like they already serve this purpose

I'm also hoping that the steps are going to be heavily monitored and I would also like to make sure they're being checked for accuracy, safety, and validity. There is a lot of misinformation and hurtful techniques/ideas out there, that if someone sees on 7cups, they may take it for being true and that 7cups endorses it. If it ends up being hurtful, I imagine that's not very good for anyone

SoulfullyAButterfly September 5th, 2020

@TaranWanderer I like how you mention checking for misinformation as well as validity -- I believe we will have a procedure for reporting/flagging, just like we have in other site aspects.

TaranWanderer September 5th, 2020

@SoulfullyAButterfly I definitely knew it would be there in some regard, I just want to make sure this particular section is given special attention :) since growth steps and paths are more like "guides", they seem to have the most potential to be influential (unlike, say, a forum post where you mostly know it's just someone's opinion). I'm excited for people to be able to share things that work for them in easy, bite-sized pieces. Kind of like being able to write a mini help guide

@TaranWanderer understood - I'm really excited about it too especially in the sense of the journaling like medium this could provide!

CaringBrit September 5th, 2020

@GlenM im excited what a fantastic idea

StarlitSky4762 September 5th, 2020

@GlenM I love this idea! How can we get involved in this project?

@StarlitSky4762 Once launched, the opportunity will be open to everyone, but you can always join the Content Team if this interests you (you can PM me for more info)

KaliWolfie September 6th, 2020

I really like the idea of this. However, is this going to available to all members and listeners of 7cups or only the ones who like pay for all the other paths?

lavenderBeach3579 September 6th, 2020

I just finished writing my 3rd book titled: "The Book Of Life Return To Earth" that I want to share for free with the community. It is a book that centers on 3 teen witches that came from broken homes to help save a family in Kirkland Washington. It us a story about friendship, family, and unconditional love in an uncertain world! I absolutely love writing the story and I think it can help many people here to see your true worth in our beautiful world. I tried posting the first chapter in a different forum but wad unable to. Where can I post my story for people to read. I really want to share my story with you! Thanks!

RarelyCharlie September 6th, 2020

@lavenderBeach3579 In our forum the proper place to announce your book is Writing Hobbies.

But the book itself is probably too long to go in the forum. You might be able to use a site like Wattpad that specializes in publishing stories, or you might be able to put a PDF or EPUB version on any file sharing site—it's easy to find them if you search the Internet.

Then in the forum you can share a link to the book. It's important to make sure that no one can use the site where you published your book to contact you outside 7 Cups, and the book itself must not contain contact information (because of 7 Cups' rules).

Charlie

lavenderBeach3579 December 27th, 2020

@RarelyCharlie thankyou so much and sorry it took so long to reply I will check it now my book is only 1.2 megabits long sp hopefully the file is small enough to fit. Actually it is alot smaller but I have a picture in it that bumped it over 1 megabyte.

ZahraS22 September 6th, 2020

@GlenM

This is quite exciting! Thank you for being so considerate about it.💕

Mankka September 6th, 2020

@GlenM

this a very fantastic idea. bar yet a little bit entangled for me. will stand for everybody's provision? you are only so says ''for the selected'' ones? a sudden pair question occurred to me. because of this, I am waiting for him being ready very much in order to receive answers. we say thank you for your work.Igen

lyricalAngel70 September 15th, 2020

@GlenM

Thank you so much for this.

Looking forward. 💞💕

HOPKINSS September 18th, 2020

@GlenM

akay06 September 18th, 2020

@GlenM

I am very excited for this!

VibrantAlice3720 September 18th, 2020

@GlenM

This sounds like a great idea! Can't wait :)

Onlyonefollower February 13th, 2021

@GlenM This seems so awsome! Can't wait for it to unfold

BipolarInWonderland February 13th, 2021

@GlenM

This sounds great. I am so excited for this! It all sounds so amazing!

Subtendedpage February 13th, 2021

Can’t Wait!