Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Clarification about the company update

Jill7Cups November 7th, 2019

Hello everyone!

We wanted to clarify a couple things that are confusing in the recent posts:

We've had some setbacks for sure, but financially we are okay. We have been working on the room safety change for a long time, this has been in the works for months. The rooms change is 100% safety related. It is not a financial decision. Many of you may remember we tried to do something similar at the beginning of the year.

The timing of announcement to deployment was not our usual process, and we acknowledge that this created a lot of emotions and frustrations. Sometimes we need to do things quickly and we apologize if it upset you.

We hope this change, once we are all use to it, will help keep the rooms more consistently supportive and inclusive. That is our goal. If we find it isn't working we may have to close more rooms. This would be really unfortunate, so we are hopeful this new group support strategy shows a positive change.

A friendly reminder to anyone who would like to see their favorite room opened more, volunteer mods can open the room for a moderated open chat or discussion anytime so long as they have a banner up and are active in the room as a mod.

We have let the comments on both Glen's posts be a place for people to express their frustrations. This post and future posts we expect everyone to follow our forum guidelines and to act professional. To everyone who is willing to give this new system a try, a heartfelt thank you from the Community team.

AdamEmb November 9th, 2019

@Jill7Cups Hello! I was curious if the chat rooms are open. I know about the changes made but it seems I cant see any with my amount of points and badges. Thanks :)

Jill7Cups OP November 14th, 2019

@AdamEmb hey! Are you still having trouble?

AdamEmb November 15th, 2019

@Jill7Cups Yep. I know everyone is busy so Im not going to keep asking about it. Itll get fixed eventually haha.

Jill7Cups OP November 15th, 2019

@AdamEmb looks like you still need Strong Bond 1, which is 5 different chats with 5 unique listeners.

AdamEmb November 15th, 2019

@Jill7Cups ahhhh ok. Yeah, never tried the listener stuff yet. Thanks for checking.

cloudySummer November 11th, 2019

@Jill7Cups So in reverse, that means that the feed decision and some long-standing staff leaving 7cups were financial decisions?

@cloudySummer yes

cloudySummer November 14th, 2019

@Jill7Cups I had hoped that wasn't the case. I'm sorry to hear that.

@cloudySummer I'm right there with you. It has been a rough couple weeks for all of us.

But with the feed, now that the expense of its old server is gone I'm hoping we can launch its replacement soon.