Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Culture Guide + Badge!

GlenM August 12th, 2020

Hello Community!

Ive been enjoying the launch of the Leadership Development Program (LDP). We are all learning a lot. We have a lot of great new leaders signing up to serve our community. Im thankful for them and their service!

One thing that has struck me is the impact of the 7 Cups Culture Guide. I wrote the first draft of ths on a long flight back in 2017. New leaders were commenting that it was meaningful and some were surprised to see how it is a foundation to all the work we do here on 7 Cups. New leaders review the guide and take a test as part of the first course in the LDP. Their reaction to the guide and the test made me realize that we should more deliberately extend access to the guide and test to our broader community.

If you are interested in learning more about our culture and embracing it, then, please

Take the test here! (Blue Text is clickable)

Next, post the 3 most important things you learned and why they are important to you. Then, post that you have read the guide and taken the test with the following words:

I, (username), have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

Once youve made the post, we will award you the 7 Cups Culture Holder Badge. We will do this manually at first so there will be a small delay from the time that you complete the course and receive the badge.

Im looking forward to hearing your feedback. Thank you for being a part of our community!

DylanletterR August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

I, DylanletterR, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder

DylanletterR August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

Three things I learned that are important to me

1. Volunteer work is satisfying, and when you give it your all, it's good for people on both sides. This is important to me because working with others and growing with others is a key part to improvement.

2. Failure is good, you need to fail to learn and grow. This is important to me because I have failed so many times, but have learned, grown, and gotten better.

3. Putting you skin in the game is important because to be successful at things you need to give it your full attention!,

healingWhisper August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

For me the most importaint thing that I learned was that failur is okay and we can all leard from it smiley

I, healingWhisper, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

LaSteffi0427 August 13th, 2020

@GlenM

I just took the test!

I learned 3 things:

1) being volunteer means a lot to me and to the one I'm providing help: to me, because it's an experience of growth and cultural exchange; to the one I'm providing help, because sometimes people just can't afford economically speaking getting help or can't be supported by the ones living with them.

2)failure is okay. We can't just do anything perceftly, so mistakes are reasons to grow and to become better people.

3) a team keeps being a cohesive group both in ups and downs. Cohesion is important to grant the growth because sharing ideas is useful both for personal and community growth.

I, @LaSteffi0427, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder 💖

Clara139175 August 13th, 2020

@GlenM

Top 3 things I learned:

1. High expectations aren't always a stressful bad thing. They help us provide quality support to members and it's important that we are at our best.

2. Everyone deserves support. 7 Cups works to give those who can't afford professional therapy a place to vent and be heard.

3. Having fun while providing support is okay! We're all here for each other and bonding is important heart

Clara139175 August 13th, 2020

@Clara139175

I, Clara139175, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

goodPond6231 August 14th, 2020

@GlenM

This is for listeners only?

bouncySalamander26 August 15th, 2020

@goodPond6231

It is the for both listeners and members, I believe-the Google form allows for a member to take the test too! (highlighted in screenshot)

goodPond6231 August 16th, 2020

@bouncySalamander26

thank-you!

Irfana August 17th, 2020

@GlenM

I. Irfana, have read the 7 cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 cups culture holder.

The three things i have learned is:

1. High expectations/high warmth

2. Honesty: You need to be straightforward as it is one of the important leadership qualities.

3. We learn from failure and its an important lesson on our lives

Batascotch August 17th, 2020

@GlenM

3 things I learned:

1. When volunteering it is important to collaborate and talk with other to grow

2. Take care of yourself. Don't just work work work. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

3. Be accountable and hold others accountable.

Batascotch August 17th, 2020

@GlenM

I, Batascotch , have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

KristinHelps August 12th, 2020

@GlenM This test and guides were wonderful. Three things I have learned from this is that 7 Cups is built on trust, solving problems in front of us, and expectations. 7 Cups 7 values are a wonderful thing to learn about what our mission is. As a listener, I have found so much love in learning, empathy, and compassion.

I, KristinHelps, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

Thank you. heart

Haveahelpinghand August 12th, 2020

@KristinHelps me too

GlenM OP August 12th, 2020

@KristinHelps thank you for sharing and for becoming a culture holder!

WalkingCrow August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

Three things I learned that are important to me.
How synergetic 7 cups is when it comes to investing in ourselves so we can give back and invest into others. I feel like this is the full cycle of healing. There is so much we can learn and recover from by learning to not only help ourselves but for others.

How in-depth and informative the site's training and information is! It's so much to take in at first, but there is so much to be learned on this site, and it's really pretty amazing that someone like me can afford to be apart of this community.

How much trust and personal health is valued. It's really amazing to see a site that offers so much so concerned about health of the people on it regardless of what role they play.

I, WalkingCrow, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

@WalkingCrow we are thankful for you and very glad you are part of our community! Thank you for becoming a culture holder!

Saquib16 August 12th, 2020

GlenM

I, Saquib16, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

@Saquib16 let us know the 3 key things you learned!

Saquib16 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

1. Listening is one form of respect one can offer. I had a paradigm shift after I joined the 7 Cups.

2. One can make a little change by just offering space to a person.

3. Win-Win situation is possible and with synergy, we can achieve more.

This is what I came to know and experienced since I joined.

Thank you.

lovelyWords13 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

I have read and taken the test the 3 things I have learned on the 7 of cups of tea is ..

1. A supportive app that helps people emotionally , and being able to listen and show empathy to people who need some support . Why it's important to me is I used the app as a guest initially and got a lot care & compassion so it's important to give back .

2. The growth path is informative and helpful as helps us grow along the way . It's important to me as helps with helping others when you learn about The topics given a lot good information on growth path .

3. I have learned that helping others helps yourself as showing empathy and understanding like a friend people need someone to talk to at times , it's important to me as I got a lot support and nice to give back .

@lovelyWords13 sorry - let me clarify - what are 3 key things you learned from the culture guide :). thank you for sharing what you've learned more broadly!

lovelyWords13 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

1. 7 cups is the largest mental health system in the world 🌍

2. having Trust to grow personally

3 . Every single person on the 7 cups is valuable

blissart August 12th, 2020

the 3 most important things you learned and why they are important to you.

1) high expectations high warmth. Thisis importantbforus to grow ourselves , devlopour skills and perform to our potential . While high warmth helps us in being fearlessa nd supported and confident to try and to take failure in stride

2)Solving problms that matter is surely the way mature and professional way a leader rises in their journey . problems are a part of growth path and what we are doing in our lives is solving problems. being procative and alert helps

3) self care - its the most important quality without which all our other qualities and skills can be useless as its said "we can pour only from a full cup "

I, blissart, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

@blissart great summary!

WhiteAura9 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM I have come to realise what we do makes a huge difference to numerous people who have limited or no resources, or those who have noone to turn to.

What we do is selfless and with high morale. This time that's invested in members will make a huge difference to them.

Growing together with everyone is how we will benefit ourselves and others.

I, WhiteAura9, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

@WhiteAura9 I like your emphasis on serving others and how important that is. Thank you for sharing!

LindseyLobotomy August 12th, 2020

@GlenM Thank you for taking the time to develop both guides and test. Three things I learned from this is that 7 Cups operates on matching individuals with their strengths to to provide quality. Secondly, the importance in the 7 Cups 7 key values that are fundamental to 7cups at it's core. Lastly, how 7 cups embraces the idea of failing as an opportunity to learn and grow.

I, LindseyLobotomy, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

Thank you. heart

@LindseyLobotomy that learning to expect and be okay with failure as a key way to learn is so important and difficult. Glad you highlighted that learning!

greatfulRainfall46 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

The three things that stuck with me the most, was trust, High expectations/high warmth and solving our next big problem. These are important to me because these three things help one grow on this site as well as set goals for themselves that are achievable. (score on test was 18/18)

I, greatfulrainfall46, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.heart

@greatfulRainfall46 the problem is the path! thank you for becoming a culture holder!

berlinandy August 12th, 2020

@GlenM This test was awesome and inspiring...looking forward to spending my time here with generous souls

I, berlinandy, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

@berlinandy what 3 things did you learn from the culture guide?

berlinandy August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

the three things i learned were that mistakes are an opportunity to learn which is unusual to hear from a company, I was also very impressed with the core values...it was interesting to read what direction you take and I've also learned that you speak about a flow state which I've only experienced as a musician. Very interesting

SoulfullyAButterfly August 12th, 2020

(Reposted off my LDP Discussion #5)

The 3 most important things that I have learned are:

1. Volunteering work not only is satisfying, it has advantages for us as well. I realise that we are experts according to our unique interests and strengths. What is important to me is that in a community like 7 Cups, I can use my unique ideas and strengths to give back and improve our community whilst still learning in the process!
  2. Collaboration leads to greater success. I have enjoyed collaborating with so many wide topics and areas on site. The respect and opportunities this community offers opens up no hesitance to think og creative and fun ways that offer collaboration. This is important to me because in my opinion, once you collaborate on ideas, you not only have fun but discussing each others' ideas opens up room for so much more perceptions. You begin to see things from different angles and the end result is usually a beautiful, inclusive result - due to various collaborated strengths and ideas, the combined hard work goes a long way. Together, everyone achieves more!
  3. Self-care is Important. I have to include this fact as part of my top 3 list, because to begin with, I did not know what self-care is until I joined 7 Cups 2 years ago. What is important to me is that our community cares not about the quality of our work but the well-being of those behind this work. We have honest conversations on self-care, we help one another set healthier boundaries... and ultimately we are not only flourishing as a community but as individuals.

I, SoulfullyAButterfly, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.

@SoulfullyAButterfly glad you are a part of the LDP program and a culture holder!

pamharley003 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

Took the test

@pamharley003 thanks Pam :). What 3 key things did you learn from the culture guide?

pamharley003 August 12th, 2020

@GlenM

How to embrace everyone in my team to work together.

Embrace those who are stuck or in need of help to do their part more.

Answer all questions as a Leader to make sure the projects We have are completed

smileflower1004 August 12th, 2020

The 7 Cups Culture Guide taught me a lot about 7 Cups itself, what they value, what their mission is and what they plan to achieve. The things mentioned below are the 3 most important things (for me) that I learned while I was reading and analyzing the guide.

1. What work we're good at, work we're interested in and work that solves the problem or meets the goal we want to achieve should be equally balanced. In that way we're able to perform well and someone can effectively do their jobs. If one is lacking at an area then they won't be able to do well, so it's important that these three are always balanced.

2. Failing is okay, as long as we did our best and tried. We sometimes don't get things or do well on our first try but it's completely fine as long as you tried. Try and try until you succeed.

3. Everyone should be treated equally. No one is more valuable or important the other. Everyone is equally valuable, they have equal right, they should be treated equally with respect, no one's superior or inferior. People should be treated with equality regardless of age, gender, race, religion and any other differences.

I, smileflower1004, have read the 7 Cups culture guide, taken the test, and am now a 7 Cups Culture Holder.