Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Embracing Change: Introducing "Communities" for Subcommunities! 🌟

CheeryMango September 6th, 2023

Greetings, dear members of the 7 Cups community!

I hope this message finds you well and thriving. I’m excited to share a significant update that reflects the evolution of our platform and the changes we've been working on diligently over the last few months. Starting today, we're transitioning from using the term "subcommunities" to "Communities."

Embracing "Communities" - A Fresh Perspective

As part of our ongoing commitment to provide you with the best experience, we've decided to embrace a term that encapsulates the essence of unity, connection, and shared purpose. The shift to "Communities" signifies a broader, more inclusive outlook that aligns with the values we hold dear.

Understanding the Change

What exactly does this mean? When you hear "Communities," think of the diverse subcommunities that have always been a vital part of our platform. Whether it's a group centered around a specific topic, interest, or support area, these are the vibrant "Communities" that you've been a part of.

Reflecting Recent Changes

This shift to "Communities" also coincides with the recent updates we've made to our forum pages. Our goal has been to create an environment that's user-friendly, intuitive, and fosters even more meaningful connections among our members. We're excited about these changes and believe they align perfectly with the spirit of "Communities."

*New change as of September 6th, 2023: The subcommunities center has now been renamed to Communities Center and the subcommunity leaders room had been renamed to Community Leaders room on both the adult and teen side.

Join Us in Embracing "Communities"

We invite you to join us on this exciting journey as we celebrate "Communities" that empower us to connect, learn, and support each other. Help us spread the word by sharing this post with your fellow members and let's continue building the wonderful tapestry of our community together.

@AffyAvo @theriverissinging @tommy @bookworm274 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @MistyMagic

beck1 September 6th, 2023

@CheeryMango

Thank you for the update! I definitely like this change 🙂 With newer members/listeners, I do get asked a lot what sub communities means! I think that this change will help lessen the confusion a little

soulsings September 6th, 2023

@CheeryMango I have changed my terminology talking about the old subcommunities as their own community. I think it is more inclusive of people.

A great change.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 6th, 2023

@CheeryMango

A deeper sense of belonging and collective responsibility to foster a welcoming, supportive and encouraging space for each other is certainly everything 7 cups is about. Thank you for the announcement! 💗

MeaningfulSilence September 6th, 2023

@CheeryMango

Wonderful! Welcome Communities! 🎉

GlenM September 6th, 2023

Thank you for this thoughtful update!

slowdecline48 September 6th, 2023

@CheeryMango So if anyone still uses the term "subcommunities" they will get a warning in their inbox, or what? I've always thought of the various gatherings in here as subcommunities, because they are all parts of the total community we call 7Cups.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 8th, 2023

@slowdecline48

Woah, I'm glad someone mentioned this, as I thought and feel the same way as you!

Like many little beautiful parts (different sub-communities) coming together to form a greater more beautiful whole (the entire 7 cups community)~ it made a lot of sense to me too, and perhaps to those who earlier thought of calling them "sub-communities". 💗

It's made more simple now, in a way, just referring to it as communities!

Super understandable to take time in getting accustomed to the changes though, specially for something we are more habitual to. Hopefully no one's sending out warnings for adding an extra "sub" lol!

WorkingitThrough2 September 6th, 2023

@CheeryMango

I love the name change, Yet how is that going to affect the Forum posting for Forum Leaders and the post by our mentors?

AffyAvo September 7th, 2023

I hope this will cut down on some confusion once people get used to the switch!

KatePersephone September 7th, 2023

@CheeryMango thank you for updating us, and thank you for all you do <3

theboymoana September 7th, 2023

@CheeryMango

why cups so much changes ☹️to much things different all time new things just can stop so much overwhelming☹️😭

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 8th, 2023

@theboymoana

Aww makes sense to feel overwhelmed with so many changes, Nahoa, you're definitely not alone in feeling so, awesome friend-oo.💛

Here with you okiee, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions anytime or need some support in understanding something better.

Changes might be fast-paced here, but that's okay, we can still take our time to explore, understand and cope with them at *our* pace. *huggles* 💛

theboymoana September 15th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

is new things all time now don’t understand why ☹️trying get use one thing new new thing here already before use to other thing ? Changes so much why ? Just not understand 😭 lot things happening and new rules and stuff and even vibration notification different feels like wrong app but not 😢