Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hey do yall have any coping mechanisms for when u get SH urges? TW: self harm

Sophia7721 Saturday

Hi I'm 14 and have been SH clean for bout 4 days now but I still get the urges to cut myself and I don't all know what to do to distract myself from it so if you all had any ideas/tips/or anything rlly to help with that I'd be grateful to hear um:)

Phoenix1234theythem 2 days ago

@Sophia7721

hiyaa :) well done for 4 entire days sh freee! i get that, im struggling with the same atm and it makes 2 weeks today :) idk too much about tips, there are some things that work better than others for different people so i could give u stuff u can try? dont try it if u think it will make u feel worse tho <3
Information for 11-18 year olds on coping with self-harm - Mind this page is rlly useful, the organisation is honestly great so maybe check that out? hope ur okay 💗

Sophia7721 OP 2 days ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

Thank you!! and great job to you tooo!! 2 weeks is amazinggg I'm so proud of you! but thank you for the link I'll read it:)

Sophia7721 OP 2 days ago

@Sophia7721

Hope you're doing ok too!!

Phoenix1234theythem 2 days ago

@Sophia7721

thanks 🥹❤️erm sort of. half an hour clean now 😭 … i hope the link is useful tho! it def helped me but i just couldn’t anymore rn

Sophia7721 OP 2 days ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

Aw no Phoenix I'm sorryy I believe you can get to 2 weeks again!! Hugss if accepted 

Sophia7721 OP 2 days ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

If ya need a friend to chat toooo I'll listen 💜

@Sophia7721

aw thanks, you too :) 🫂🫂

Willowpickle 2 days ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

That's perfectly okay we all have our rough moments, I'm so proud of everyone here:)

Sophia7721 OP 2 days ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

Hey hey againnn I looked at the list and tried some tonight when I had some urges I did cut before I could get into the right headspacee... but when i was they stopped me so thank you soo so much phoenix❤️ hope your doing well!!

@Sophia7721

well done for trying im proud of u!! glad it helped 😊 

i sorta have ballet and contemporary (dance) this evening so terrified cos.. my arms (leotards dont cover arms) :/

Sophia7721 OP 1 day ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

Ya i get thattt... I hope no ones says nth Ik at least for me it can be rlly awkward when they ask what the marks are from.. hugs and more hugsss your doing awesome phoenixx!

@Sophia7721

thanks you toooo :) 🫂🫂hugssss

Sophia7721 OP 1 day ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

Could you wear gloves or like arm warmers? or is that not allowed

@Sophia7721

i wish... thanks for the idea though :) sadly not allowed probably. I`ll try to just wear loads of bracelets haha

Sophia7721 OP 1 day ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

Hmmm ya maybe that'll work too wish u luckk!! And how long have u been in dance?

Phoenix1234theythem 22 hours ago

@Sophia7721

it was alright! well, if anyone noticed they didn’t say anything. i love dance so much ❤️ makes me feel nearly okay :) and i actually forgot about every stupid problem and everything in my life for a bit :) I’ve been dancing for eleven nearly 12 years

Sophia7721 OP 21 hours ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

aw that's great! I'm glad no one noticed (or they didn't say anything) also wowww i was in dance (hip hop) for 10 years i quit tho bc the teacher was myyy age and had been dancing for less than me...also i started to have physical health issuses... BUT 12 years is a lottt im glad u rlly like it:)

lol srry was kinda rambling there

Phoenix1234theythem 21 hours ago

@Sophia7721

no that’s alright i kinda rambled too xD thanks! :) sounds like u loved dance too, sorry bout the health issues :( ❤️

Sophia7721 OP 6 hours ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

yaa i didd and its ok i might go back in a few years 

hows are the urges going?

Phoenix1234theythem 5 hours ago

@Sophia7721

that's good! Alright for me rn, wbu? :)

Sophia7721 OP 2 hours ago

@Phoenix1234theythem

They are fine I guess they are always just kinda there in the back of my mind rn if that makes sense

Phoenix1234theythem 2 hours ago

@Sophia7721

Yea me too I get that, I hope they disappear soon u don’t deserve them❤️❤️

@Phoenix1234theythem

Aw thanks 😊

Have any fun plans for today? 

Alsoo can I make a pen pal post for us?

@Sophia7721

:) I just got home from school, it’s hot imma have a freezie lol 😛 those are the extents of my plans for the rest of today probably, wbu? Oh n my hyperfocus haha

Ofc I’d love a penpals forum with u!

@Phoenix1234theythem

Lol that sounds nice lol 

I'm gonna go to guitar lessons and do some stuff with my pupper

@Sophia7721

ooo sounds fun too 😊

@Phoenix1234theythem

Should be ya! Also the forum is up^^ and also I'm glad ur thoughts are doing alright today!!