Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #2: What are some best practices for creating and managing passwords to protect your online accounts?

ASilentObserver August 22nd, 2023

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a good week.

A couple of weeks ago we discussed- Do you think that online anonymity is important? If you haven't checked yet, please click here to add your thoughts.

This week's prompt is: Are you aware of the importance of strong and unique passwords? What are some best practices for creating and managing passwords to protect your online accounts?

One of the ways to keep yourself safe is to create strong passwords to protect your account. Please share and discuss some of the best practices here among us.

password.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 22nd, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Yusss online anonymity and protecting ourselves on the internet is greatly important.

With passwords, one tip is to not keep the same password for multiple accounts/ apps/ sites etc! Also to avoid keeping the generic passwords like birthday, favorite things etc lol!

And to not share your passwords with anyone!

Looking forward to see more tips here!

ASilentObserver OP August 22nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you Sun. I agree with you. Keeping your passwords private and secure online is important. You highlighted some useful tips for choosing strong passwords. Maintaining our privacy and security in this digital world does require vigilance.

MistyMagic November 6th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I agree. One tip I have is to use a password or security answer that is something else. So for instance if the security question is 'What is your Mother's maiden name' and the correct answer is 'MistyMagic' answer instead  with something else like 'SunisShining'. This means that (as long as you remember the answer) noone will be able to search and find out your security answer. Hope that makes sense.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 6th, 2023

@MistyMagic

It does make a lot of sense, Misty, great tip, thanks for sharing!

I hope more can share their tips too, this is one of those topics everyone can learn from each other more about!đŸ˜®