Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

anyone having trouble posting to their feed?

falconer42 January 6th, 2016

hi all. i don't seem to be able to post to my feed today. i keep getting "post not recorded" messages. i've re-loaded, tried in different browsers. nothing. anyone else having (or have had) this problem? thanks!

ZaraSmiles January 6th, 2016

Hi there, sweet @falconer42

It's so great to (virtually) see you around! Thanks for creating a post to address this concern; when in doubt, ask away! It sounds pretty unusual that I have no answer to, so please do fill in a support ticket here or email support@7cups.com

I'll also tag in @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn, in case the wonderful tech pro can shed some light on this.

falconer42 OP January 7th, 2016

@ZaraSmiles awww, yer the sweet one, zara!

tried again just a few minutes ago. no problems posting, just posting to feed. is there a banned words list? maybe some word is no-go (but i don't curse in any post, or say other things inappropriate to a business meeting setting for example...)

i use a cellular hotspot most of the time, and it's worked with that (but not today). i switched over to an open wi-fi system, and it still gives me that message. i'll put in a ticket since it wasn't just a thing this morning but is continuing.

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn January 7th, 2016

@falconer42 - i doubt it was a censorship thing. it could have been related to your network connection or to problems with the feed. is it working ok now?

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn okay, what's weird about it is that posting to the feed works when i use something like, "testing feed..." but not when i try to post the original post that it started on. weird, huh? that's what makes me think it's a censor problem. is facebook a naughty word here?

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn January 7th, 2016

@falconer42 - we don't censor individual words but there are some phrases in chat involving social media that we do filter on. I can find out if we are using the same filter.

you could PM me the text of your post and I can find out if it is tripping anything.

hi all! just wanted to post a follow up here. support identified some phrases that the censor was picking up, the reason it would not post. they educated the filter, then posted my feed post. thank you to everyone involved!

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn January 8th, 2016

@falconer42 - i'm so glad we got to the bottom of that, and thanks for bringing it up!