Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Steps to Taking Care of Myself

lovelyEagle51 February 1st, 2018

i forgave you and said id like to keep in touch & maybe be friends again. But in november you showed me i couldnt trust you & i made the decision to leave us behind. I cant be friends with someone i cant trust. And i have to be real with myself and admit that i wanted to see you to try and feel how i used to. You've given me some of my best memories that ill never forget. You very well might be my favorite part of high school. And I couldnt stop talking to you because i still love you and that isnt good for me. I cant just keep running back to people who hurt me just because i miss what we used to be. I need to learn how to move on and i dont think i can do that if im constantly hoping for a text from you. Yes its convenient that youll be gone so moving on might be a little easier but i dont think that is truly moving on. i didnt see you for months and i thought i was almost over it. But then i saw u again and it hit me twice as hard. I guess i never really did wanna move on before because i missed you too much. But i need to be smart about it now. And this probably doesnt matter at all because we wont be seeing each other maybe for a very long time if ever. But i need to be the one taking charge of getting over you instead having it forced on me because of the distance. But yeah, have a safe ride back, it was really nice seeing you last night.

ASilentObserver February 14th, 2018

@lovelyEagle51

Ello Eagle, Read your thoughts and it so deep. I appreciate the steps you taking to care yourself. It was good to know how you forgave someone who broke trust. I can feel how hard it is to trust someone again. We know that somewhere we would like to see if someone would try to get back us and make efforts. It makes us feel like "Yeah, they care for us."

But, if someone keep hurting you again and again, it becomes really tought to go back and change things for good or make efforts to fix issues. In that situation, we learn to pick the choice "Move On and Let it go". However moving on is never easy. Moving on is itself another struggle we face. But yeah, for better we have to keep trying to move on and see what future hold for us.

I hope you would keep trying and move on in your life. If ever you need support or would like to talk about it, feel free to connect as member with fellow listeners. We all are here with you. <3

lovelyEagle51 OP February 15th, 2018

@ASilentObserver thank you <3 and yes those are some very true points!

ASilentObserver February 15th, 2018

@lovelyEagle51 You are welcome Eagle. <3