Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Let it Go!

CheeryMango March 3rd, 2021

Breakups can often leave us with heavy, painful feelings, and with a desire to change in order to move forward after the end of the relationship. Moving forward involves identifying the painful emotions or thoughts and labeling what we prefer to feel or think. In this exercise, try to list 2-3 feelings or thoughts that you can change or let go of in your personal life, then try to list 2-3 feelings or thoughts that you would want to have instead.

Sample Response:

1. I want to let go of the hurt, resentment and sadness that I currently feel from my recent breakup

2. I want to experience peace, happiness and self-love.

amicableBunny7617 March 3rd, 2021

1) I want to let go my fears, sadness and pain 2) I want to experience happiness, freedom and peace

Seaworld30 March 28th, 2021

does it work?@amicableBunny7617

sophishenckii March 3rd, 2021

I want to let go of pain, guilt and hurt I want to experience real love, joy and self-love

emptyturtle21 March 8th, 2021

1) I want to let go of pain, sadness, fear 2) I want to focus on peace, happiness, confidence

intelligentMango6762 March 8th, 2021

I just want someone to love me and hug me and tell me that they love me

Lainey87 March 9th, 2021

I want to let go of the need to be with someone n afraid of being alone.

scarletOrange1520 March 12th, 2021

I want to let go of the hurt and feeling of rejection, the mourning of what could have been. I want to experience confidence, self awareness, and peace

zubasa70 March 13th, 2021

I want to let go of my fear and hurting. I want to be able selected my mind find the happiness from the things I like.

Panda8218 March 16th, 2021

I want to let go of pain, sadness and feelings of unworthiness. I want to experience self love, peace and happiness

PencilsCanBeSharp December 31st, 2023

@Panda8218

what I came to say 🫶🏻

yellowIdea7518 March 21st, 2021

1. I want to let go of the hatred and disappointment I have towards myself, the feeling of worthlessness and despair that comes with them from my past breakup. 2. I want to experience peace, a sense of gratitude for how far long I've come and from the lessons learnt, I want to experience love and be loved, not just romantically - but for my own being, for people, for animals etc. I want to feel alive again.

RyanTheNumbersNerd March 27th, 2021

I want to be able to let go of the grip the person my girlfriend was unfaithful towards me with. It constantly feels like I can't shake off their presence and it always gives me pairful reminder of what happened every time I face that person.

JudasMaiden02 March 31st, 2021

@CheeryMango

I want to let go of sadness, confusion and anxiety, instead of it I want to feel love, happiness and peace

Underthemoon17 May 13th, 2021

1) I want to let go of the fear of moving on with life. 2) I don't want to be sad anymore.

Trooper1 May 26th, 2021

I would like to feel less confused and be able to sort our my true feelings. I feel very lonely unless I am at work and tired a lot.

adaptableLake6082 March 3rd, 2022

I feel you . I'm feeling same . That's why I always need to be doing something or working

Daydreamer47 May 26th, 2021

@CheeryMango 1. I want to let go of being angry/ashamed of not moving on fast enough and the feeling that I was too needy or not pretty enough. 2. I want to accept my feelings and the importance of this person to me but also experience new intimacy, connection, and romance with new people.

VilkasGamer94 June 7th, 2021

I want to let go of the hurt and the fear of being alone. I would like to feel the love that I lost and to be happy again.

antlerhoof June 16th, 2021

@CheeryMango I want to let go of feeling abandoned, and feeling like I just wasn't enough. I want to let go of the pain. I want to experience inner peace and freedom. I want to experience love again.

thisllpass June 23rd, 2021

1. I want to let go of the bitterness, anger and feelings of abandonment I felt near the end. 2. I want to experience curiosity, confidence and wholesome well being.

coolGreenTurtle July 24th, 2021

I want to rise above the need to be loved and I want to propagate love to all that surround.

bellaDreamer4649 August 5th, 2021

1. I want to let go of the betrayal and lack of trust that I experinced in a particular relationship, as well as the anger I still harbor for that person.

2. I want to embrace self-confidence, honesty, and clarity.

peacefulscorpion August 10th, 2021

I understand, it's hard to move on
BUt we have to let go the pain for us

We need to love ourselves
We need to move on for our happiness
It might take time
But it's worthy
@CheeryMango
frankGrapes6807 August 10th, 2021

I want my courage back to find my Next

Scintilla22 August 11th, 2021

I want to experience peace, happiness and self-love. I'm working on it and i hope things will be better soon.

vixi23 August 20th, 2021

I want to let go of sadness that i am experiencig,feeling of disappointment and feeling of hurt

I want to experience from here on clarity,focus,stability and to forget and put all the bad things behind me

Wischenn August 27th, 2021

1. I want to let go of the self-doubt, trust issues and overthinking that my previous relationship left me with
2. I want a peaceful, loving experience where I don't have to doubt myself or my partner

generousGrapefruit86 September 6th, 2021

@CheeryMango I want to experience peace, happiness and self-love.

Zafira November 2nd, 2021

@generousGrapefruit86 Hello! Focusing on the things you love and can control may help you find peace. There are other things as well like: spending time in nature to breathe in fresh, pure air; eating healthy, exercising, doing good deeds and meditating. Peace, happiness and self-love are somehow inter-related. Once you find one of those, the other will be easy. Only you will know what makes you happy, once you find it, embrace it, if it's an activity, do it as often as you can. And my dear, self-love comes from within. 🌸

faithfulPear3602 December 16th, 2021

I want to let go of the disappointment in myself that I failed my ex and our family I want to be able to accept that I will have to watch some one I still love happy and living a better life without me if it makes him happy I don't want to hold him back and see him hurt anymore

I want to learn how to be more at peace by myself and I want to find an inner strength in me so I don't feel so alone and like he's not there to catch me. I want to feel like I can be my own super woman and to my children.

magicallyoriginated430 February 8th, 2022

@generousGrapefruit86

I think u should focus on those things which makes u happy... Do things which u like... Be who u are.. U need not to think what people say... Just live the moment ✌️😊

flyingtuna7 March 4th, 2022

I want to let go of the stress that comes from things I cannot control.

I want to grow in faith and find peace and self happiness.

lightJet8971 September 12th, 2021

@CheeryMango I want to let go of the hurt and feeling of being abandoned by my love, feeling of unappreciated, feeling of not doing enough to make her stay, the mourning of what could have been. I want peace, love and a good sleep.

Apothecary January 28th, 2022

@lightJet8971

I want to let go of the hurt and feeling of being abandoned by my love, feeling of unappreciated, feeling of not doing enough to make her stay, the mourning of what could have been. I want peace, love and a good sleep.

In order to let go on all these feelings the best way is to talk to her openly and tell her how you feel, tell her how much you love her and let her know how it's messing up with you. I am sure by doing this you will have peace of mind and you will feel loved and would get a good amount of sleep as well.

Wish you all the best and have a good day or night.

Summershy September 17th, 2021

I am so tired of waking up on the wrong side of the bed and being reminding of other people who did and said things that offend me. Still, I want to learn to allow myself to be angry without feeling like I have to talk bad about those people.

Sharewithnuzhat September 29th, 2021
  1. @CheeryMango

1. I want to let go hatred, grief and anxiety

2. I want to experience Peace, Self-love, and self-imrpovement.

MidniteBlues September 29th, 2021

I want to let go of my intrusive and overall negative thoughts that won't let me enjoy life.

PotionOwl October 3rd, 2021

1. I want to let go of feeling unloved, unworthy and disappointment in my ex
2. I want to experience being loved, being cherished and being worthy again. I want to be his priority.

Clio9876 October 24th, 2021

I want to let go of fear, anxiety and doubt.

I want to experience joy, certainty and freedom of expression.

turquoisePlum6945 October 29th, 2021

I want to get rid of fear, loneliness and guilt.

I want to love myself, be confident and have better career.