Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

how are you behaving?

SteinsGate1 May 6th, 2021

I have issues with my boyfriend going outside with his friends to get wasted. He cheated on me once, so I can't really trust him. I often come with him, because I'm friends with his friends as well. But I live a little bit far from the city, so I can't always be there. I feel pissed everytime he's getting drunk without me. I'm a revengeful person, so I feel like I start a competition. He is partying with our friends? Fine I'll get wasted with some "friends" where I live. I don't know how other couples are handling this. I just get really pissed.

moquila May 6th, 2021

That 'revenge' would probably do more harm than good in the long term. You may need to improve the quality of your relationship instead because reading your post, I get an impression that you are not too comfortable with your bf (correct me if I'm wrong). Spending some quality time together outside of partying and deepening your trust toward each other seem like a good idea.

SteinsGate1 OP May 6th, 2021

We do spend time together and it's making us both happy. But when we're apart I get concerned that he's might cheating on me. So I often check on him. And he realises how little I trust him.

resourcefulApricot962 May 6th, 2021

@SteinsGate1

Taking revenge when in the relationship is never good. It will make things worse and it most likely won't make you feel any better. He cheated on you once and if he does it again, don't stay with him.

Whimsical08 May 7th, 2021

Work in your trust issues, talk about it with your significant other. Express to him what you have just expressed to us minus the "getting even" part.

lovingLime8389 May 10th, 2021

Honesly, u need to have your space same as him. If they are just friends and u know that u should try to keep yourself busy when they are having fun and not get mad. U are his gf and if he treats u right just try to relax. Tho I know its not easy to date someone u dont trust. But trust is earned not given(remember that ). Give it time and u will see. Keep me posted Im kinda in a simular situation.

RukaChan555 May 11th, 2021

Hey, this is my thoughts about your issue. I was in a long term relationship before. Just broke up recently. Once he cheated on you, you are unable to trust again. Because that what had happened to me. Lack of trust can cause both you become stress and fight a lot. Revenge is not going to settle anything. However, it’s up to you. But it will be exhausting. My ex often revenged by making me feel jealous without no reason. Even though I wasn’t making him feel jealous. I gave it all. My commitment and effort but after all. I gave up. So, if you want to be happy, you should do the right thing. Don’t let the revenge ruins you and both of you ❤️