Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

Teamworktohelp April 1st

Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask why I am a failure in relationships?

KatePersephone April 2nd

@Teamworktohelp hi there. to receive support, please log in from a member account and create a new thread to discuss this matter :)

Cherylblos83 April 2nd

@ASilentObserver hi I'm cheryl just here for some support on relationship stress.  

ASilentObserver OP April 3rd

@Cherylblos83 Welcome to 7cups Cheryl, glad to have you here with us. What kind of relationship stress would you like to talk about?

Cherylblos83 April 3rd

@ASilentObserver  hi silent domestic abuse .. financial abuse and mental and verbal 

kamrynk1224 April 3rd

@ASilentObserver

Hi!! I feel like I have experienced a lot in my relationships and therefore am happy to help anyone who needs it!

CallmeSeven April 8th

Hello i came here since i just went 0 contact from a relationship that only was being fight for by me and moving on was a little bit too much hard

yesiamHuman4855 April 10th

Hello good people!

I am new to 7cups and learning to navigate this site.

i have been married for ~15y. It has been quite the ride!

I am a giver, so very often I have learned, sometimes the hard way, I need to set limits, because takers do not.

i am a technician, so things are very black and white to me. Often when someone e tells me their problem, I give solutions. I am learning g to hear, first, and not offer until, and if, the request is made. That is difficult for me.

peace, YesIam

astralight April 11th

@ASilentObserver

Hello! Im new here.

I've never been in group like this. I reach for help because i know and i feel that im in a toxic relationship with nothing to expect. He is so focused with his problems that i don't exist . 

We are 2 years together and the last 8 months we also live together. It was a mutual decision to live together. I have 2 kids from my first marriage and he has 3. His kids live with their mother and they visit us quite often. I never had any issue with his kids but I've noticed that he is happy only when his kids are at home. I don't exist. I give him space with his kids . But he never seems to be happy anymore. Everything I do is never enough. My kids bother him I can see it. He is always complaining about everything. 

I don't understand. We knew that we would had problems. I didn't sign for this . 😕 We suppose to help each other. Not fight for everything. I just cry all the time and he doesn't care.

In the begging he was loving and carrying. Problem's came and everything just disappeared. I started to believe that it was a mistake to live together almost in the first month. 

He killed everything beautiful i had inside me. 

darknight2715 April 11th

@ASilentObserver Hi!

Sapphorion April 13th

Hello,

I'm Sapphorion (f30) and I'm married now for 4 years to my partner (f48)... There's a huge age difference and we share her biological kids 18 and 16.

Just looking for some support...

RoccoG April 20th

Hi, I’m Rocco. I’ve been married for one year and my husband told me yesterday that he wants a divorce. His reasons aren’t clear to me and the whole thing has me so confused. We’ve also just had a baby. I found 7 cups today. I don’t really have much of a support system, so I’m hoping to get some support here.

KatePersephone May 13th

Welcome! I am Kate, the community mentor leader for the Relationship Stress Community ❤️

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events :3

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check this post for this month’s events

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

Feel free to join in and introduce yourself!

Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact @KateDoskocilova (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Tagging our newest subscribers:

@imofficiallyburnt @Lifeofjess @Gre16015 @Nextdoordoctor @serenityalex @Kakeru12 @EmbracingLife2209 @AshtynLuv97 @sarita18 @Lunaar @faithfullove22 @deepinlove @Lezbehonest3 @poonam2310 @helpfulPanda6732 @dlc87 @Drinty @toughPapaya1551 @bkuepancakes @JessicaRabbit90 @Peach9107 @MommaBear2124 @bookbat @SunFlowerEyes11@paperflowers09876 @considerateKite4877 @Sidimayo @BartZ

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

serenityalex May 17th

@KateDoskocilova Thanks for the tag! One thing I love about myself is my willingness to learn and one thing I love about my people are the connections and memories we share. 

KatePersephone May 18th

@serenityalex those are great things to love! 🥰

Caro202 May 14th

@ASilentObserver hello I am new here. This is the primary reason I joined 😔 I've been feeling unhappy about relationship for quite sometime but I feel obligated to stay. Not married, don't have kids, no co ownership of property. I've been trying to breakup but either my emotions play with me or sometimes I feel like I have the obligation to help my partner. 

ASilentObserver OP May 16th

@Caro202 Welcome to 7Cups, Caro and glad to have you here with us. We are all here with you to listen to and support you. I am glad you reach ed out and opened up about your experiences with us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some mixed feelings regarding your relationship. Feeling unhappy yet having a sense of responsibility towards your partner can be really confusing. What's causing these mixed emotions?

Mellietronx May 19th

I am a long-time subscriber, and a first-time poster :)

I recently got out of a relationship that was built on decent, so I am here for support.

I love that I am a pretty resilient person :)

Darkhollow May 29th

@ASilentObserver hey everyone my names Steven and I’m new here. My relationship stress comes from a long distance type of relationship 

ASilentObserver OP May 29th

@Darkhollow Welcome to 7Cups, Steven. thank you for being here with us. Long distance relationships can bring up unique challenges. It is difficult but I am glad you reached out here. I look forward to listening and discussing it with you. What has been the most difficult part about being apart from your partner?

Elhw June 10th

Hello everyone. My name is Evangeline and I am new to this community. I cherish the kindness and resilience in myself and the love and laughter in my loved ones :)

KatePersephone June 11th

@Elhw welcome to the community, Evangeline! i hope you enjoy your stay here <3

Hearme123 June 17th

@ASilentObserver 

I'm new here @Hearme123

Hearme123 June 17th

@ASilentObserver

I lost a relationship of 6yrs last year 

And till now I'm still trying to heal, I feel like I'm stuck in a box 

sunnyTalker6138 June 19th

@ASilentObserver Hiiii! u can call me Sunny or Talker. I have a bf for 6 months and i’m 15 :). I hope to help some of y’all thru relationship struggles even if i’m new to the romantic club. Nice to meet all of u!

Linux2022 June 24th

@ASilentObserver I cant post ... I wanted start a new thread with the topic "Never succeeding stable relationships ... never receiving healthy support by friends". When I click on send, on top appears a red bar with the hint: API problem ???? 

ASilentObserver OP June 27th

@Linux2022 that shouldn't be an issue Linux. I am sorry you are experiencing it. Are you using app or browser? 

SpiritTea July 6th

@ASilentObserver

Hello! I'm SpiritTea and I'm new here and I'm looking for help to see how to be better so I can strengthen my relationship! My bf and I have been having many disagreements where we get defensive and we both leave feeling pretty bad. The thing I love most about myself is how I want to help others! 

Note: I will participate I promise! I just might take a while to see and open up. I promise to try!

KatePersephone July 7th

@SpiritTea welcome to the relationship stress community! i hope you enjoy your stay here and get the best support possible 🌸🍓

SummerKay2024 July 7th

@ASilentObserver

HI just joined 🦋✨️😀

KatePersephone July 7th

@SummerKay2024 welcome to the community!!

Grammy23 July 8th

@ASilentObserver

Good morning!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for me to vent, share, and seek advice but I am struggling in my relationship with my Mom.

I am a month shy of 54 years of age. My Mom is just shy of turning 76.  I have been struggling with anxiety and depression much longer than I realized and have just recently begun to self-heal within the past couple of years.  I am joining this feed in hopes of finding others going through similar struggles with their aging parents or at least receiving support and incite on how to handle certain situations related to that relationship. 

I love my Mom, but we have always had a strained relationship. She is loyal, sometimes to a fault. She has always been available when I've needed her the most and is a good friend to many people. 

I consider myself empathic and sometimes feel more emotions than a normal person.  I am a better listener than I am a sharer.  I tend to hold my emotions and thoughts in until they explode which tends to cause more relationship problems. 

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to join in, listen, learn, and share.

~D

amberskies524 July 9th

So do I introduce myself here? I'm going through divorce. It's become very ugly. How can I facilitate a more cordial coparenting situation?

@ASilentObserver hiiii everyone happy to be here with all of u . 

I feel like this community is the best out there because I have been facing some relationships problems back then and wished I had someone to be there for me . That's why imma be there for all of y'all and love yaaa endlessly 🥰🥰

KatePersephone July 10th

@compassionateIceCream7468 welcome to the community!! i hope you have a great time here :)

Buddy4help July 11th

Hello everyone.

A month ago I'd to end my relationship of 7 years.

I'm moving on. Yeah still she's in my mind and all those memories. But I'm more stable and calm now. Accepted all the things. We've to end our relationship mutually. Her family wasn't ready to accept me as her life partner. Everything was in favour then also they rejected me. She loves me a lot. But she don't want to upset his father and mother and respect their decision. So we'd to mutually end this so that we can now move on and begin our new life.

WORDS make it looks so easier but the reality hits differently. Anyway as I said I'm more stable and calm now.

Apart from this I also love my family. I love my friends.

In this situation of mine, friends helped me a lot. A lot means a lot. My family is always with me and I really like that.

I love this 7 cups community. Here people listen to you and tries to UNDERSTAND you. And I think we just need this in our tough times. It makes us feel relaxed and realise that it's not only US who is DEALING with a particular PROBLEM.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

KatePersephone July 15th

@Buddy4help welcome to the community buddy!

drmthwsn July 13th

@ASilentObserver hello! My nickname here is Dee. I'm New to 7 Cups and this community.

But I joined because I have always had relationship problems with my partner (fairly new relationship) and I have no one to seek advice from or to hear me out when I need someone to just listen. 

Hoping to learn new things and meet new people! 

KatePersephone July 15th

@drmthwsn thank you for joinig! i hope you enjoy this place and get the best possible support :)

anony12mous July 23rd

Hi