Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

Zengrl August 20th, 2018

@ASilentObserver hey I

ASilentObserver OP August 20th, 2018

@Zengrl Welcome to the community Zen. <3 We are glad to have your presence. I can understand the mid-life crisis.

We are with you here. Feel free to connect and speak yourself <3

Zengrl August 20th, 2018

@ASilentObserver ty looking forward to meeting others.

shypanda331 February 25th, 2021

Hi there! I'm new here, message me if you want to talk or I'll just listen

limeThinker6318 February 18th, 2023

@Zengrl my dad having that

decisiveSky6980 March 3rd

@Zengrl 

Hey I am kizer. I am a girl in my early 20s. 

kevinz April 27th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

kevinz April 27th, 2019

Hi there

I have never done anything as far as going to seeking support from an online community, but I havent experienced anything like this before and the pain is unreal.

I have been in a relationship for about 4 years and thought of this person as being the one. Weve been through hardships before but nothing like this.

She recently made a friend who I met and I was happy for her because its hard to make real friends. Everything was fine until she stayed out with this person until early in the morning. Of course I get concerned. A couple days later she confronted me about it and told me nothing more than a hug had happened and I truly believe it. The part that hurts me inside is that she told me she liked it which confuses her.

I dont know what I feel or how I feel about this situation. Since then weve decided or shes decided that a break would be best.

It pains me just thinking about how shes doing or whats going on. I just dont know if being in this relationship is something I want anymore.

limeThinker6318 February 18th, 2023

@kevinz move on from her. find the right person for you.

ValentinaV93 March 20th, 2023

We have similar problem, it's terrible feeling. But my boyfriends "best friend" is also his ex. Yeah...

oceanluvr March 31st, 2023

I’m losing my mind lately because of a relationship that is causing major anxiety and uneasiness. Together almost 5 yrs - I’m older - she’s younger - she was deeply in love with me the first 4 yrs but we had ups and downs that were sometimes very problematic. I would take breaks and i always had the “upper hand” until I tried to end it last summer - she fought for it and I resisted for months - she then gave up and I found out she went on a few dates and even slept with him. I went crazy immediately realizing I still loved her and wanted her back. I poured my heart out and she was conflicted and confused. Then we actually had some time together that was great but after that she distanced herself again. She loves me, I love her - but she wants to be friends now until we straighten ourselves out and I can’t take the pain of being in regular contact via text or phone but not being able to be more than friends. She has given mixed signals at times too. I finally couldn’t take the ongoing anguish of being in touch like that so I told her I had to step away. I was hoping I could go a week to a month with no contact to see if it makes her want to reconsider since I was also her closest friend. I’m all torn up emotionally :(

barncat April 3rd, 2023

@oceanluvr- I understand the push/pull of these kinds of relationships. Dare I say be true to yourself first and foremost. It is easier said than done.

amicableScarf8436 May 1st, 2023

I m facing something similar can I connect with you?

goldenWatermelon8247 May 25th, 2023

@ValentinaV93 I lost my fiance in a car accident last year, I miss her Everyday

decisivePlace3786 September 3rd, 2023

Im sorry, but the truth is she doesn’t like you enough as a man, she doesn’t see you as a man… I’m so sorry.

It is hard, defs, but try as much as you can to let her go, and find the right one for you.

wish you luck

funnySquare713 May 16th, 2019

Hi all,

I am new here, I don't know how to put things.

I messed up all the good things I had and hurt those who loved me most.

I am the villain of my story and I want to make things right.

Rozz411 January 21st, 2023

I would love to be a part of your healing process. I’m proud of you for taking this big step.

Helping2findaway August 1st, 2018

awesome :D I am so happy to be a subsriber, YAY!!!!!!!!!! @ASilentObserver

SaimaK August 1st, 2018

@Helping2findAway We're so happy that you're a part of the community!!! laughheart

ASilentObserver OP August 5th, 2018

Greetings from Relationship & Friendship Support Community to

@tiredsurprise @Ariana0492 @Misfitpika @warmheartedPenguin1779 @PositiveSkyler @JamesXl @Fiya @Sherio @gracefulEnergy91 @shyLunch1498 @PacificUncertainty @goldenPear6644 @Blackberrry11 @Lovelaughlive2207 @blueTree4805 @girlybug @Boop2 @AnnaMaja @Olivares87 @stunner1234

We are glad to see you joined us.

Here are some resources, check this small post that may help you explore this community better. Feel free to message or comment here if you have any question. Thank you!

ASilentObserver OP August 9th, 2018

Hello I am Obs, Community Mentor Leader- Relationship & Friendship Support.

We are pleased to welcome you in our community. heart We are glad to see you joined us.

When you join a new place, you might feel unsure what to do and how to get started. So to ensure you know it and have best experience with us, we created a small post that may help you explore this community better. In blue is a clickable link.

Please introduce yourself here and let us know a bit about you.

Looking forward to hear you.

@ItsWitch @Cait7302 @IntellectualCars75 @ivoryJackfruit838 @obibella89 @imaginativeGrapes1890 @LadyCherryLisa @Wandererwest @RDV112 @ThrallTheHammer @WantingToChangeForTheBetter @admirableCandy58 @Katheryn @LittleBird11 @HelJane @NeoQueenSerenity @Lizz572 @Firewood @Lena1224 @JellyCactus

IntellectualCars75 August 9th, 2018

@ASilentObserver

Thankies for the warm welcome, Obs!

Glad to be a part of this community.

ASilentObserver OP August 18th, 2018

Greetings to @AH668 @freshMelon54 @jkv9091 @jasjotsingh100 @Totallyconfuseddotcom @Amiablefox @laneyandanxiety21 @Fox78lovesyou @Offmytrack @Enthusiasticskies @April1968 @12345ces78 @TeaBiscuit1710 @MelanieDaniels63 @Oddie @Decisiontime13 @mollito123 @Sazza @CallmeDoc @Scotland02

We are pleased to welcome you in our community. heart We are glad to see you joined us.

When you join a new place, you might feel unsure what to do and how to get started. So to ensure you know it and have best experience with us, we created a small post that may help you explore this community better. In blue is a clickable link.

Sunshine100188 August 20th, 2018

Hi Im new! Im looking for support and advice in the relationship department. I love the man Im with but we hit a rough patch and communication is not our strong suit. Im looking forward to getting more involved in this community.

ASilentObserver OP August 22nd, 2018

@Sunshine100188

Hello sunshine, I am Obs. Glad to see you here. I can relate to the situation and we all are with you to support and help you out from this rough patch. <3

@Sunshine100188

Hello sunshine, I am Obs. Glad to see you here. I can relate to the situation and we all are with you to support and help you out from this rough patch. <3

Offmytrack August 21st, 2018

OK, introductions can happen. I am 63 years old (almost 64), been widowed since 2010. Thirty years of a wonderful marriage reduced to memories. All good ones, but still...

Following my late wife's recommendation, I started looking for another woman. Dating sites seemed to be the way to go, but they didn't catch me anyone for more than a few months. Now, someone has found me, and things are actually going very well.

So why am I here? Because I want to learn how to keep this wonderful woman, improve the communications, improve everything I can. Things have changed a lot since I first was married, I need to learn a lot about how to keep a relationship in good order. This seems to be the best place to do that.

@Offmytrack Hello Track, I am Obs. Nice to know you. Glad to hear you joined us and looking forward to improve yourself to build and maintain a better and stronger relationship with your woman. I hope you find the best support ad feel better with us. <3

Greetings to
@Lizlizzy8 @paperlover40 @HuntressThemis @thoughtfulnonsensee @blissedNblessed @xCaseyyyx @JosieKay @HWD2018 @quietCup8312 @Avicularia @reallycat

Helping2findaway August 24th, 2018

@ASilentObserver welcome welcome to all who's joining :D

reallycat September 4th, 2018

@ASilentObserver

ASilentObserver OP October 1st, 2018

@reallycat hey cat, how are you doing? Glad to see you here with us. hugs

ASilentObserver OP August 27th, 2018

Greetings to @gawdd @Skyy0 @TessaElena98 @smolecho @Aphiosea @impartialHemlock4151 @peachcroissant @Jaac18 @unassumingHickory5442 @Lyssachella @Stud @Kikic @courageousApple7980 @hardworkingBeing8343 @christina9943234 @Waves53 @EmLee75 @RoseFr @HerculesMadison @c621 -- From Relationship & Friendship Support SubCommunity

We are pleased to welcome you into our community. heart We are glad to see you joined us.

When you join a new place, you might feel unsure what to do and how to get started. So to ensure you know it and have the best experience with us, we created a small post that may help you explore this community better. In blue is a clickable link.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Helping2findaway August 27th, 2018

Welcome to our community :)

entitylesssoul August 27th, 2018

Hey people! New here, trying to get over things and distract myself. Also, trying to listen to people who need someone to be listened to.

AveryLove September 3rd, 2018

@entitylesssoul welcome! were so happy to have youheart

HerculesMadison August 28th, 2018

Hello, I'm new to this community, and not even two weeks in as a listener here. I'm very excited to be part of this community. I actually teach a class in Interpersonal Communication, and we largely focus on relationships and communication within those relationships, so I'm very excited to bring some of that knowledge here, as well as to learn from others - I find that every day I grow through learning, and I'm excited to be around so many people that truly care about others and want to help support them in their own growth. Thank you for welcoming me! :)

AveryLove September 3rd, 2018

@HerculesMadison thats amazing!! welcome in our community, were so glad to have you with usheart

September 24th, 2018

@HerculesMadison

Welcome to our community, we're glad to have you here and we're sure you'd be awesome! ❤

OperaDiva September 24th, 2018

Hello, I'm new here. I've just regained enough confidence to start dabbeling my toes back into the dateing world but this time round I have the added challenge of anxiety and lack of trust in men. Any tips of how to proceed would be greatly appreciated