Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

unusual breakup

melodyl623 October 18th, 2019

me and my bf were forced to breakup by my sister and my brother in law who i live with. none of us wanted this and im not sure how to deal with it. its really hard for me but im more worried about him and how this will affect him. im not allowed to have any contact with him.

Temesgen9 October 19th, 2019

@melodyl623 how well do you know your online bf? Have you had video chats? Are you guys similar in age? Is he in another country? I feel your sister and brother in law are doing it for your own good. It seems it is not clear for you why & you should ask them nicely what their concerns are.

melodyl623 OP October 19th, 2019

@Temesgen9 I know they are doing it to keep me safe. we're less than three years apart, he lives in Romania and I live in us. we video chatted.

@melodyl623 this sounds like the TV show 90 day fiancee on TLC. It is complicated and it hard to know what his motives. Does he really love you or does he just want to come to the us? Is he really worth it? Do you really want to go through all the trouble knowing it may not be true? Trying watch some episodes of the show on YouTube. You will have a better sense.

@Temesgen9 i know that he really does love me. i know its worth it.

@melodyl623 I am hesitant to give anymore advice. I don't know him and I don't know what your sister has in mind. Right now it seems like you are stuck between listening to your family or listening to your heart. Love is blind and I would say listen to your sister. It is painful either way.

@Temesgen9 its just not fair for either of us. she told me he doesnt deserve to know whats going on. if i could tell him whats going on i feel like it would be easier to deal with it.

@melodyl623 I am sorry, maybe ask your sister to send him a message for you. Say that will make you feel better.

@Temesgen9 i had a friend message him but when my sister found out she said i was to have NO communication with him at all.

@Temesgen9 she said he doesnt deserve to know

@melodyl623 it seems like she knows something that you don't. He must of done or said something? You sister really doesn't like him; like he had bad intentions for you.

kitkat34567 October 18th, 2019

@melodyl623 Why did they force you to break up with your boyfriend ? were you happy with him etc:?

melodyl623 OP October 18th, 2019

@kitkat34567 i was happy with him. its cause i met him online.

kitkat34567 October 19th, 2019

@melodyl623 how old are you and him and yeah you have to be careful online never know who you run into i went through someting similar but he had mental illness so i had no choice to break up

@kitkat34567 im 15 and he had just turned 18. when we started dating he was 17.

Zulegirl October 18th, 2019

@melodyl623

that is messed up love!! I am so sorry...

melodyl623 OP October 18th, 2019

@Zulegirl i know when i asked her if i could tell him what was going on she said he didnt deserve to know

freshLight64 October 18th, 2019

@melodyl623

I understand you live with them, it might be difficult to handle this situation for you since it involves family. I'm really concern about the way they forced you to make a decision you didn't want. I don't know your age, but if you are over 18 then they don't really have a right to tell you what you should do. It's important to be able to make your own decisions, and sticking to them. You have a sense of self, it can't be where you are doing whatever they want without thinking about what you want.

@freshLight64 im 15 so yeah i get they can do that. they said they know its hard for me but i feel like they arent even trying to understand how i truly feel

freshLight64 October 19th, 2019

@melodyl623

Oh okay I understand, it does seem like they don't understand the love you feel for one another. It's a very rough breakup this way.

@freshLight64 yeah it is

kitkat34567 October 19th, 2019

@melodyl623 your 15 is why they acted like that because your minor the person on the other end could have been a pedophile i think you should try to find a boyfriend in real life then online.