Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Reading and writing community August check-in: 2nd July-8th July.

Gargi07 August 2nd

Hellooooo Reading and writing lovers!!!!!! How are you'll? How's your week??

🤍📚Reading is like embarking on a delightful journey, where each page reveals new realms and adventures, echoing the sentiment of Shakespeare’s “The world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” It allows us to see the world through different eyes, expanding our horizons and filling our minds with wonder.🤍📚

📚🤍Writing, on the other hand, is a joyous act of creation, akin to Sylvia Plath’s reflection that “The words are a way of redeeming the world.” It’s where we pour our thoughts and dreams onto paper, giving life to our innermost ideas and emotions. Together, reading and writing enrich our lives, making our world more vibrant and endlessly fascinating, blending the magical with the profound in every sentence and story.🤍📚

🌻So, let’s explore, imagine, and connect through the endless possibilities of reading and writing!🌻

This week check in question:

How and why did you'll become interested in reading or writing?

Taglist

@reliablebunny23 @PastaIsVeryUnderrated @Rubymaria2753 @Athena108 @moonoquq @Noor511 @unassumingEyes @versatileWhisper1571@Phoenix1234theythem @StarrySkies1236 @jesusredeemedme2425 @twerp @amiableBunny4016 @AmyGrace55555 @FormalPsycho @EnigmaticCat24 @DingoOliver @juliaistired @VioletNotes @tommy @Sheena39 @miannaisanauthor @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Rach4 @crimsonPapaya7218 @rospiz @EchoTheDragon @enigmaticOcean8813 @LovingPeacefulHeart @MxdnightFaerie@ Stormandshelter @sunnyTalker6138 @daydreammemories

@Gargi07

How and why did you become interested in reading or writing?

How and why I became interested in reading and writing is a long story.

Gargi07 OP August 2nd

@communicativePond1728

Lol, I can feel you 🤍🌻

moonoquq August 2nd

Hellou gargi and everyone

so I don’t really read or write that much but honestly it was a way to let my emotions out and get my head more clear and calm! It helps me a lot! Specially writing about my personal issues.

about reading well i will consider mangas as reading bc i don’t really read that much 😂 but it was bc i really like romance stuff and history’s so I read the first one and the another and another one, so I just keep going, 🙉💗

Gargi07 OP August 2nd

@moonoquq

Awww that's really cute, and yes it is much better to write everything down rather than telling to people, as Anne Frank says" paper has more patient than humans" and mangas are good toooo!! Thankyou for sharing moon🤍🤍

rospiz August 2nd

Hey gargi and hi everyone

I started to read because i wanted to learn a new healthy habit and use less social media, i mostly read personal growth books but i've got some fantasy ones in my list too 🧙‍♂️

Gargi07 OP August 2nd

@rospiz

That's great rospii!!!! I prefer books over social media too lol and personal growth books are always greattt!!!! What fantasy book are u going to read?

rospiz August 2nd

@Gargi07

I really want to read the midnight library by matt haig, it seems kinda heavy but also very intriguing, so i think it's pretty much my style, i also should finish one of the percy jackson book cause i stole it from a friend years ago and never gave it back (i'm so bad) 😭😭

daydreammemories August 2nd

@Gargi07

Can I join the taglist?😁

Gargi07 OP August 2nd

@daydreammemories

Ofcourse 🤍🌻 you're most wlcmmmm 

daydreammemories August 2nd

@Gargi07

^.^ thanks

Phoenix1234theythem August 2nd

@Gargi07

Im not sure how or why, I just know I’ve been hooked on books since the moment I could read and ever since I could write (or even read that some authors had started writing at 6 and 3/4, and I wanted to beat that lol) I’ve had stories spilling out of me! I just love both, I read a quote once that I truly agree with “Reading is inhaling, writing is exhaling” and this could not be more true. Plus, I literally need both to breathe XD

Gargi07 OP August 2nd

@Phoenix1234theythem

It sounds like reading and writing have always been a natural and essential part of your life! Well, same here 🤍🤍I loveeeeeeeee that quote,“Reading is inhaling, writing is exhaling” – it perfectly captures the symbiotic relationship between the two. It's fantastic to hear how passionate you are about both, and I can totally relate to that feeling of needing them to breathe. Keep letting those stories spill out; it’s clear you have a true gift!

Phoenix1234theythem August 2nd

@Gargi07

completely agree with u there and thank uuu :)))

AmyGrace55555 August 2nd

@Gargi07

So, as a kid I hated reading. (Come to find out I have a learning disability and never really understood how to read stuff, also I needed glasses lol.) But in 2nd grade (year 3) which is about the age you start reading to learn information, my teacher noticed that I was really struggling. After some 1 on 1 teaching outside of school, I could read and write decently well. 

I still struggle with reading comprehension sometimes, but huge shout out to Mrs. Hill and all the teachers who supported me through elementary and middle school, and those who told me and helped me get through the struggle of learning. 
   Despite all of that, I now a freshman starting in two weeks from yesterday. And I hope to eventually go into the film industry and be a screenwriter, which is basically writing script and storyline. 

Also, I’m great! Thanks for asking, Gargi!

Gargi07 OP August 2nd

@AmyGrace55555

Wow, what a journey! It's amazing how a great teacher can make such a difference I wish I had a teacher like that lol. Huge shout out to Mrs. Hill and all your supportive teachers – they sound fantastic! It’s inspiring to see how far you’ve come, and it’s so cool that you’re aiming for a career in the film industry. Writing scripts and storylines sounds like a perfect fit for your passion and creativity. Best of luck as you start your freshman year – you’ve got this! 🌟

And I'm glad u are doing great!!!!!

jesusredeemedme2425 August 2nd

I’ve been writing since I was little. I was homeschooled so I’ve always loved reading and writing <3

Gargi07 OP August 3rd

@jesusredeemedme2425

Wow that's a really long time....... keep it up⭐

IExistISuppose August 2nd

@Gargi07

Hi! I started reading because it was a a good distraction and way to pass time, which then turned into me beginning to write my own ideas and make my own stories! I write now because it is something I find fun and like sharing with friends! 

Gargi07 OP August 3rd

@IExistISuppose

That's so true, reading is a best and harmless distraction and that's so awesome that you write stories!!! I would love to see them 🤍

IExistISuppose August 3rd

@Gargi07

Thank you! They're not full stories, moreso random oneshots of all my characters! I'm happy to share if you could somehow get an email to me? Alright if you can't and thank you for expressing interest!

Gargi07 OP August 3rd

@IExistISuppose

Oh I see, well as u know we are not allowed to share personal details so we can't share email

IExistISuppose August 3rd

Ah, yes that is true! Apologies for asking! Having a wonderful day/night!

Gargi07 OP August 3rd

@IExistISuppose

That's totally ok and same to you 🌻

enigmaticOcean8813 August 2nd

I really like to escape from the day to day routine and that is why I read. I read an article once that said that men tend to read non-fiction but should read more fiction. I took that to heart.

Gargi07 OP August 3rd

@enigmaticOcean8813

Omg that was so good quote!!!!! Fiction is good fr and I'm glad u find it interesting 🤍

enigmaticOcean8813 August 3rd

@Gargi07,

Here is the original article from the ArtofManliness, Why Men Should Read More Fiction.

eO88813

yourlocalIKEA August 3rd

@Gargi07

Hi everyoneee

I just realised I don't check in to this community much, but here I am.

How and why did you'll become interested in reading or writing?

Reading just started off as a habit, I suppose. I read since I was little, encouraged by my parents. My friends around me also read and write a lot, and I went more into writing in middle school. It was a way to vent my feelings (especially poetry because I love writing poetry) and I just loved it when words would just flow out my head.

:)

Gargi07 OP August 5th

@yourlocalIKEA

I can understand reading is everything fr.

nestlecrunch August 4th

@Gargi07

I've always been a voracious reader and my dad is a huge reason for that! He's always encouraged me to read outside of school and helped build that foundation to have love for books (:

Why I kept reading on my own is just because I'm just a little nosy 😭. I feel like reading is the closest way to know how someone's mind works and I honestly think that's my ultimate goal; to understand others better. And I also just absolutely adore the characters and worlds I get to know along the way too!

Gargi07 OP August 5th

@nestlecrunch

Fr, fictional character and world is the best and is the best way to Espace from reality keep reading 💓

sunnyTalker6138 August 5th

@Gargi07 hiii! well i used to hate reading as a kid (elementary years) until 6th grade when we read percy jackson. since then i would have an off and on phase of reading until this may when my friend was determined to make me into a reader and gave me cruel prince. love reading ever since

writing is something i don’t do too much but i enjoy some writing. i feel like i read too many romance books that i could be a wattpad writer 😅. though it would be cool to write my own fiction book one day.

EnigmaticCat24 August 8th

@Gargi07

I guess i loved reading always, not sure how and why it started but maybe bc my parents bought me books and read them for me when I was little. Plus it's just amazing to view the world in different Perspective whenever I read a new book. And since I'm an introvert and don't socialize much irl, i guess i connected with books more than people XD. However it started, i think I'll never get tired of reading💙