Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What are your mental health resolutions for 2021?

hopedreamlove December 29th, 2020

Hello hello hello lovely community! I hope you are all doing well, and I hope everyone who celebrated had a good holiday. Red heart

Often at the end of the year, we begin discussing resolutions for the upcoming new year, a change, decision, habit, or promise we hope to incorporate into our lives. For many people, New Year's Resolutions can be very helpful and can help them get one step closer to their best self.

Today, I wanted to discuss mental health resolutions. 2020 no doubt has been a challenging year for so many, and it has been so important that we take care of ourselves, and make mental health a priority. Although the difficulties we faced this year will not magically disappear immediately in the new and we may not know what is in store for us in 2021, I hope we all can put our wellbeing first, and continue to make mental health a priority. As 2020 wraps up, I want to know, what are some of your mental health resolutions for the new year? These resolutions can be absolutely anything that helps improve your overall mental wellbeing, such as practicing more self-care, setting boundaries, taking up a hobby, etc. There is no "bad" resolution, your mental health resolution might look different from mine, and that is okay.

I am looking forward to hearing about your mental health resolutions! Thank you so much for participating in this post, and thank you for being a part of our 7 cups community. I hope that for each and every one of you, this upcoming new year is filled with joy, laughter, adventures, and happiness. Red heart

“You are perfectly cast in your life. I can't imagine anyone but you in the role. Go play.” - Lin Manuel Miranda ⭐

Jade5457 December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove my mental health resolution is to make more time for myself. Sometimes I feel like everything will crumble around me if I do anything for myself. I need to remember that part of taking care if everyone else includes taking care if me. Hope you have a fantastic new year

hopedreamlove OP January 3rd, 2021

@Jade5457

I can relate to that feeling that if we take a moment for ourselves, everything else will come crashing down. Taking care of yourself is a wonderful resolution, best of luck with it, thank you so much for sharing! Happy new year!

goodPond6231 December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove

STAND BY MY OWN SYSTEM OF BELIEFS.

@goodPond6231

Standing by your own believes can be difficult at times, I can see why you would want to make that a resolution for this year. Good luck, and thank you for sharing with us! Happy new year!

lovelyParadise7651 December 31st, 2020

@hopedreamlove keeping healthy and sticking to my values

@lovelyParadise7651

Keeping healthy and sticking to your own values sound like really wonderful resolutions! I wish you the best with them, thank you for sharing with us! Happy new year!

lovelyParadise7651 January 3rd, 2021

@hopedreamlove thank you so much for your kind words! Happy New Year, I hope your resolutions will come true :)

RoshanaShabanii December 29th, 2020

Keeping it as healthy as I can, actually.

@RoshanaShabanii

Keeping as healthy as possible is a wonderful resolution! That is one of my resolutions as well. Thank you so much for sharing with us, happy new year!

RoshanaShabanii January 3rd, 2021

@hopedreamlove

I wish you success through your path darling, happy new year to you too! 💛🌞

aeris156 December 30th, 2020

i love this post and i'm so excited to hear everyone's resolutions! for me, 2020 has been a year with a lot of pain, but also a lot of growth! i started mental health medication and therapy, made and lost some wonderful friendships, and developed lots of habits (both good and bad, but i'm trying to kick the bad ones).

for 2021, i want to continue the progress i've made! i want to keep up my healthy habits and practices while taking more time to understand myself and what i need. good luck to any of you setting new year's resolutions and i hope that 2021 brings us all more peace and stability heart

@aeris156

Hi hi! It sounds like 2020 was a rollercoaster with its ups and downs. Starting mental health meds and therapy is a wonderful step in taking care of yourself! I can relate to the making and losing of friends, it can be painful when a friendship ends, but beautiful when another one starts. Good luck kicking the bad habits, you've got this!

Continuing the progress, healthy habits, and practices sounds like a really great mental health resolution! I love how you will be taking more time to try and understand your needs, from the bottom of my heart I hope these resolutions go well for you! Thank you for sharing with us, happy new year!

@vroomvrooom

Hello! Ooo, I love your resolutions! Limiting use of social media can be extremely helpful for our mental health, and allow us to spend time doing other things. Good luck with your resolutions, we believe in you! Happy new year, thank you for participating in this post!

MiddleMarie December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove to keep up to date with my recovery, find ways to go out more, stock to this site

@MiddleMarie

Hey there! Love all of your resolutions, staying up to date with your recovery, trying to get out more, and being on this site sound wonderful, good luck with these! Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove

As much as I like the idea of resolutions, I don't think this would work for me because my mental health fluctuates so much everyday.

@PhilosophicalLion1320

Hi there! I can understand that, resolutions are not for everyone, and it can definitely be challenging to commit to a change or decision when our mental space every single day. It can at times be helpful to just take things one day at a time. Thank you for sharing, I hope this year allows you to experience some stability. Happy new year! Red heart

starplucker123 December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove hoping for a more calmer, clearer and healthier state of mind :)

impartialPomegranate429 December 31st, 2020

@starplucker123 same here!

hopedreamlove OP January 4th, 2021

@starplucker123

It makes sense to hope for a calmer, clearer, and healthier state of mind! Are there any steps you can think of that you can take that might be able to help you get one step closer to your goal? Red heart Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

starplucker123 January 4th, 2021

@hopedreamlove happy new to you too (: and ig there arent any steps, i mean everyone has their own ways so.. but i think following ur heart and doing what u love makes all the difference (:

limegreenZebra7140 December 30th, 2020

My biggest mental health resolution is to stop caring what others think

@limegreenZebra7140

I absolutely love your resolution! It can be incredibly difficult when we are constantly worried about what other people are thinking or saying about us. I really admire you for making it your resolution to do your best to stop caring about what others think, I am wishing you the very best with it. Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

Aulyacu December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove

I will stop overthinking

Iwill stop harming myself

I will always be grateful

I will always be patient and believe everything will be beautiful in its time

❤️❤️❤️

@Aulyacu

Amazing resolutions! The "I will stop overthinking" resolution really resonated with me, as I know that is something I struggle with a lot. The idea of knowing that everything will be beautiful in its own time is really inspiring, and sounds like could be helpful to remember on days that aren't going great. Thank you so much for sharing! Wishing you the best with your resolutions, and a very happy new year to you!

Aulyacu January 5th, 2021

@hopedreamlove thank you. And you too❤️

MountainClarity December 30th, 2020

I seek to be less reactive to external and internal stimuli

hopedreamlove OP January 5th, 2021

@MountainClarity

Hello! If I am understanding correctly, your resolution is to react less to both external and internal situations/factors that provoke you? I really love that, I have never thought of making it a resolution! Wishing you the best with your resolution, we believe in you. Red heart Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

understandingWest8097 December 30th, 2020

to not worry about the future and live at the moment

@understandingWest8097

Yesss, love it! It can be quite easy to start thinking and worrying about what will happen in the future, and that can get in the way of our present life. Although it can be difficult to stop worrying about the future, it can definitely be worth it and allow us to live in the moment like you said. Best of luck with your resolution! Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

TheRealAlice96 December 30th, 2020

I think this is a really great topic. I think my resolution is to meet with a therapist and begin working with them hands on on the issues Im facing. I feel like Ive been telling myself more and more that I need to have couseling and I think the new year is a good time to start.

@TheRealAlice96

Deciding to meet with a therapist is a big step and takes strength. It is wonderful that you are making getting professional support and working through issues your resolution, I really love that! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Happy new year!

TheRealAlice96 January 5th, 2021

@hopedreamlove thank you and happy new year to you as well

CallmeKir December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove my resolution is that I will try and let myself be. I won’t blame myself for problems that I didn’t cause, and I won’t badger myself about things I can’t control. It’s probably not attainable but I’ll try as hard as I can.

hopedreamlove OP January 7th, 2021

@CallmeKir

Words cannot describe how much I love this!!! That is an incredible resolution, and really inspired me to start doing my best to also just let myself be. I can see why one might think it may not be attainable, but honestly just trying your hardest like you said you will is more than enough; the dedication and will to a resolution can help it be reached Red heart Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

Justme1225 December 30th, 2020

This is my year to cull the herd. The relationships that are mutually respectful and edifying will be embraced and celebrated. The ones that bring pain and frustration will be cut loose.

hopedreamlove OP January 7th, 2021

@Justme1225

This is such a great resolution! Relationships that cause pain and frustration can be so hard to know how to deal with, and can diminish our daily activities that we would otherwise enjoy. It is a big step deciding to end the more toxic relationships; I love how you brought up that the *mutually* (I feel that word is so important in relationships!) respectful relationships will be celebrated! Thank you for sharing with us, happy new year!

Justme1225 January 7th, 2021

@hopedreamlove

Thanks for supportive words. Happy New Year!

PalmTree7773 December 30th, 2020

@hopedreamlove

one of my mental health resolutions is definitely to start breaking down my emotional eating, tackle it bit by bit until It's not affecting me. and also to practice more self care activities and to definitely surround myself in a positive environment it was nearly impossible to be positive in 2020.. but I hope that I can make the upcoming year the best despite what could happen! :D

understandingWest8097 December 30th, 2020

@PalmTree7773 hope you solve your emotional eating problem bye