Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Path - Help us create the path!

Hope March 4th, 2021

Hi everyone! As we know recently the custom growth paths were launched. Glen has been creating a confidence and self-esteem path with the help of our community. It has been great seeing the contributions of our users. It helps to create well-rounded paths and it is great collaborating with our users.

I have been working on a leadership Basics path. You can view it here

Leadership is all about serving the community. This path is focused on the basics of leadership in general (not necessarily on 7 Cups, though the same principles apply here). So let's think about what kind of steps an aspiring leader should take. Please note the path is open to both members and listeners

What should be the content of the path? Think about your own experience with leaders or as a leader and share with us information that will be helpful content as a step in our leadership basics path. You can view the existing steps to get an idea of what kind of content we can add.

Share with us your thoughts! Please upvote ideas of others you like. The ideas/thoughts don’t have to be perfect and we can evolve them to fit the path if needed.

fairyava March 4th, 2021

@Hope I really like how you put the personality types in the leadership path, that's a great idea! Perhaps following that, you could talk about different goals one could set to become a better leader, and maybe have a space for people to write down their goals on the growth path.

Hope OP March 5th, 2021

@fairyava

Thank you for your contribution. Would you like to create that step for us to add to the path?

windSpirit March 4th, 2021

Some reminder to focus on strengths would be great. Also, a step about system vs goals would be worthy. Great work!

Hope OP March 5th, 2021

@windSpirit

That is a great idea!! Can you help me with the content of the systems vs goals step?

SparkyGizmo March 4th, 2021

@Hope

Hi Hope! smiley I was part of a listener room today in which the discussion was about team work. It was led by @LuLuRings and @PuzinchknCat (I'm thinking I may have spelled that users name incorrectly and will try and back peddle in a minute here to correct it). I think I will try to tag myself even for a place holder for me to come back to @SparkyGizmo In the mean time, it was a great discussion. LuLu and PuzCat took time to delve into leadership also and how that all fits in with teamwork.

I'm kind of thinking that maybe these would be two people you may want to ask their opinion and see if they may want to contribute to the process as well. I think all of the participants learned a lot today. I hope this was helpful! smileyheart

If for some reason I don't get back to this forum post, if someone could please step in and make sure that PuzCat's name is correct for the tag, I would be most grateful! angelyes

I tried, I'm so sorry, I tried to find them through the browse listener page and it didn't work. Feel free to contact @EvelyneRose also as they will know how to correctly spell PuzCat's screen name heart

windSpirit March 4th, 2021

@SparkyGizmo called you @PuzichkinCat

@windSpirit

*high fives* Wind! heart Thank you so very much! I appreciate the team work! You are amazing! big *hugs* heart it takes a whole team around heresmileyyes

PuzichkinCat March 4th, 2021

@windSpirit @SparkyGizmo

Haha thank you!

Cat

@PuzichkinCat

*high fives* PuzCat, sorry about not knowing your screen name. I'm glad I had a friend in @windSpirit and they came along to help me out. Your session today was amazing and I'm grateful. heartI'm thinking you have much to offer to @Hope!

Hope OP March 5th, 2021

@SparkyGizmo

Thank you for the tags! Looking forward to their contributions

SparkyGizmo March 5th, 2021

@Hope

Hope, you are most welcome my friend! smiley Part of the discussion on teamwork and leadership, when I had been asked some of my thoughts and response was....a great team mate and a great leader will admit what it is that they do not know. It's okay to admit these things and to be vulnerable. But in addition, a good leader and team mate won't drop the ball and just leave it at that. They will admit they don't know, don't have all of the answers but also promise to go find the answers for someone and then get back to them and that way everyone learns together. Part of being helpful isn't always about knowing the answers but where to find them. heart

I might (think I) know some of the answers to the questions that you seek, but I think PuzCat and LuLu could do it better. angel

Go team 7 cups!

Hope OP March 5th, 2021

@SparkyGizmo

I love that! I think that can make a really good step. Would you like to help write the content for the step? We can add a step on like 'It is okay to not know all the answers' and the content can explain as you mentioned!

SparkyGizmo March 5th, 2021

@Hope

Wow! Hope, surpriseI would be honored to help out with the process. Thank you for seeing value in my contributions just simply here on this thread! I would really enjoy doing that and being a part of this as well. (feel free to let me know, at your convenience how I would go about doing such a thing).

I enjoy supporting 7 cups and everyone here heart One of the things that didn't exactly come up yesterday in the discusion, in regard to leadership was in my opinion (and it kind of seems like moving in the same direction of what we are chatting about now) Is that a good leader surrounds themselves with a wide and diverse group of smart and well meaning people. They ask, they listen to them, take in all of the information available for them and finally make the best choice on their own for the entire group. For me, you truly have this one covered. By simply creating this post you are reaching out to a wide and diverse group of smart and well meaning people. angel I guess for me by having a wide and diverse set of people it helps to not get stuck in the concept of "group think" where everyone is exactly the same, everyone thinks alike and so new information never comes in. It just kind of seems to fit in to the "not everyone is expected to know it all category"?

Happy to help out in any way I can be useful around here! Again,many thanks for your positive affirmations! You asking me to contribute really made my day! big *hugs*heart

Hope OP March 13th, 2021

@SparkyGizmo

Thank you for your enthusiasm and passion! This is how a step looks for the step taker.

89f4b17a1339a5f1b0e8ce83187d17de.png

Think of the content you shared and how you can form it into a step content so it can be consumed in a step format and remain helpful to the step taker. You can PM me the content (You can add it to a doc if you like) and I can create the step for you!

SparkyGizmo March 13th, 2021

@Hope

Hi Hope! heartsmiley Many thanks for including me. Thank you for letting me pm you the information. That made it really nice for me. I hope I did okay. I spoke from the heart and just kind of let it flow. Feel free to change words or thoughts as you see fit! It felt really great to be included! Again, many thanks and it's in your pm's for your review whenever you would like to look it over. *hugs* heart

StarlitSky4762 March 4th, 2021

@Hope I have some important Topics:

1) How to handle member crisis in group chatroom.

2) How to handle members talking about things that are very likely to be triggering (such as graphic descriptions of past suicide attempts) in group chatroom.

3) How to communicate with the leadership team / how to communicate among each other.

4) How to write scripts and get them approved.

5) how to get members to participate in discussion groups

Hope OP March 5th, 2021

@StarlitSky4762

Thank you for taking the time to write these points! I think a few of these may be too specific for our general path (its a general leadership path, we are not necessarily focusing on leadership within 7 Cups). I really like number 3 about the communication aspects. Can you please create a step that familiarizes the step taken with the importance of communication?

StarlitSky4762 March 7th, 2021

@Hope I don't have access to the "create step" feature of the growth paths

Hope OP March 13th, 2021

@StarlitSky4762

My apologies, I thought you did. Would you like to write the content for the step and I can add the step for you?

StarlitSky4762 March 13th, 2021

@Hope I'm honestly not sure. I haven't mastered this skill myself. I think maybe someone else should write it.

Hope OP March 14th, 2021

@StarlitSky4762

No worries, thank you for contributing

Happy900 March 4th, 2021

@Hope

What it takes to be a leader.

A leader is someone you can look up to.

A leader is trustworthy.

A leader is someone who is not afraid to make mistakes, and learn from them.

Not sure if that is what you wanted.

I hope it was helpful never the less.

Hope OP March 5th, 2021

@Happy900

Thank you! We are thinking alike. That was the first step I added to the path!

RideaRainbow March 12th, 2021

Leadership is an art, a concerted skillful effort. Sadly it is used through power and arrogance.

NityaSpiritualHealer March 14th, 2021

@Hope

I believe it's Respect that comeforth in my mind like who a leader and who's following it.

And others aspects can be-:

HONESTY AND COMMITMENT

Thanks

Hope OP March 20th, 2021

Thank you everyone for your contributions! I am happy to report that the Leadership Basics Path is complete! You can find it here!

@fairyava @windSpirit @SparkyGizmo @StarlitSky4762 @Happy900

SparkyGizmo March 20th, 2021

@Hope

Hi Hope! smileyheart Thank you so very much for the tag and it's amazing to see everything that you have put together for all of us to enjoy and to develop ourselves over time! Once again, thank you for including me in the process! This is something I would like to spend time on and really immerse myself in. I see great value in this for me as a person as well as for others and for 7 cups as a whole! yes

helpfulBraid5417 March 31st, 2021

@Hope i just started today!

wish me well!

AffyAvo March 31st, 2021

Not sure if it should be it's own path, even on a path or just the forums but for various teams on 7 Cups we use Google tools a lot. Most of it was new to me, I had a gmail account for email before I joined 7 Cups, that was about it.

I found most of it was figure it out for yourself, there wasn't much help with using most of the features, I think it would be really useful if there were tutorials added, especially as some things fall under rules, like don't use the chat feature on the sheets - I'm not even sure where it is, let alone how to enable/disable it.