Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your motivational music?

tommy August 10th

screenshot-2024-08-10-at-12-31-15_1723289479.png

This discussion forms part of our life challenges event. Click here for more information!

Music is great and can be a powerful tool to help us get through difficult challenges or times. What song has helped you see light at the end of the tunnel? Do you have any songs which help to motivate, inspire or uplift you?

What about your song helps make it powerful for you? Share your ideas down below!
tommy OP August 10th

Tagging our Music & Dance taglist for your input:

@Aditya006 @Akeri @AloneGhost @Angelwolf8930 @AnimalLover2006 @AquaNyo303 @BelovedMe @BlueMangocat5071 @communicativePond1728 @daydreammemories @DeLeeAh @dulllovers @Elephi @FleurdeNeige @GentleHealingInitiative @GwydionRowan @helpfulBunny6682 @iloveyouxx @Imel3nii @ImpudentIncognito @kindhearted5345 @lovingBraid9917 @naturalBraid8810 @NightingaleListens @novoephemera @OPrimaDonna @PoliteOcean @RedHawk6547 @RIver9852 @sadcat13 @Sakii007 @shadowGREYYSON @Snowy00 @softForest4843 @SparkyGizmo @StarrySkies1236 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @tommy @WeEarth @weppy9232 @wishfulForest1871

Tinywhisper11 August 10th

@tommy for my feel good wake up songs I use a mixture of all genres, but my favourite one is knee deep, by the zac Brown band ❤ when I'm sad my favourite song to pick me back up is hero by Mariah Carey. My favourite relaxing song is it we hold on together by diana Ross. And the songs that really touched me is let it be by the Beatles and make your own kind of music by mamma cass, and last one that touched me we will be free by Garth Brooks ❤❤

SparkyGizmo August 10th

@tommy

Hi Tommy! 😊 ❤️

Many thanks for this amazing forum post as well as for tagging me! 😊

I could not agree with you more! Indeed, music can be such a powerful tool to help us through hard times, let us know that we are not alone in how it is that we feel (as someone wrote those lyrics and felt the very same way at some point in time), inspire us towards greatness, to believe in ourselves and for me, at times, help for me to find my "center" again. 

I have soooooo many "go to songs" to uplift me, inspire me, motivate me. Thank you for asking me this question today as I have paid careful attention to the very first one that came to mind....

... Katy Perry "Rise".

I guess about 95-97% of what goes on with us is operating on a sub-conscious level so you just kind of gave me a "window into my soul". Guess that will be my little theme song for the day! I probably need that one after yesterday, lol 😊

Okay Tommy, your turn! Weeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeee! 😊 Wut ya' got as yours for today? Sharing is caring! 

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

daydreammemories August 10th

@tommy

ooh, that's a nice post. for me it would be:

my life is going on- money heist
the greatest showman
nothing to regret- robinson
crying in the club- camila cabello
eyes off you- prettymuch
walk with me- mans zelmerlow
flying on faith- chung ha
save my soul- jojo
hero- cash cash
roar- katy perry 
don't give up on me- andy grammer
it's my life- yoon mi rae 

ConureConnor August 14th

Twenty One Pilots is my favorite band and has been for about 8 years now. While a ton of their discography I find motivational, the most recent and meaningful example to me personally would be Oldies Station. Despite it's softer nature and sound, the lyrics have impacted me heavily. It's not exactly motivational in a gritty sense, but it motivates me to keep going, to keep making mistakes, and to keep pushing on through to see the greatness life can bring.

sadcat13 August 26th

@tommy I really enjoy a huge variety of music. Depends on my mood and what do I need. Sometimes it is gentle tones to calm me down. Other it is something energetic to get me going. Sometimes, some darker music is needed to help me get out the emotions I feel in a healthy way. So in general, it depends on my mood and what do I need at the moment

Tinywhisper11 August 27th

@tommy I like lots of kinds of music, but I mostly listen to country music😁 garth brooks, we shall be free, gives me hope for 'oneday'. ❤ we're all God's children, by Alan Jackson. Well never a truer word spoken it's about accepting and living everyone ❤ but the most uplifting music is xmasssss music💃💃💃🎅💃💃💃 just those feel good tunes, that brings joy, and a special feeling ❤😁

sadcat13 August 27th

@Tinywhisper11 slowly but surely, Christmas is coming 😁 looking forward to your fun activities, wouldn't be a Christmas season without them 😊

Tinywhisper11 August 27th

@sadcat13 awww ❤❤ thanks sweetie ❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤❤ nice pfp btw ❤ how have you been? 

sadcat13 August 27th

@Tinywhisper11 thank you. Changed it for the summer at least a little🌻

slowdecline48 September 13th

I only have two:

1. Off the Ground - The Record Company

...& my emergency backup tune that never fails:

2. Cavalry Charge at Burkel (especially at 1:36--it gets d**n good after that)

slowdecline48 September 13th

I don't know exactly who played the 2nd tune. Someone in the comment thread said it was "Ant Marmaud marche du 4 ème Escadron du 1er régiment de guides"